Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

As of this morning, Target still (or once again?) has four of the Ramones' 40th anniversary deluxe issues as part of their 3-for-2 sale:

It's Alive
    End of the Century (pre-order)
    Rocket to Russia
    Ramones

I guess that Road to Ruin is much more scarce these days. Amazon doesn't have it (only other Amazon sellers do, for at least $80), either. The least expensive sealed copy on ebay is about $66.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  2. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

I have spent so much money during this sale but it’s such a great time to pick up stuff on my want list. The Buy 2, Get 1 Free plus extra 5% off with a Target redcard makes this the best vinyl deal of the year IMO. Too bad my wallet has to suffer from it :help:

superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Looks like they’ve restocked some items again I had in my cart that sold out, so check again before this ends

MonkeyLizard likes this.
  4. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

Thank you!! Just got Beastie Boys ‘Check Your Head’, “Ill Communication”, and The Stooges ‘Raw Power’ For $55.60 shipped. Pretty sure those Beasties are doubles too, great deal.

5. hype

hype Forum Resident

haha honestly, as long as the extra stuff is even remotely decent i'm pretty satisfied with the price. I was mostly concerned about the live shows as that's so hit and miss quality wise on releases like this it seems like.

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i learned elsewhere that the red card also comes in a simple debit card for anyone like me who didn't want to sign up for another credit card. was able to sign up earlier in the week and take advantage of that extra 5% off and you're right: each order is a great deal!

thatguy1976 likes this.
  7. Biittner Hair Flyin'

One thing I really like about the debut album's deluxe set is how gorgeous the cover photo looks on the front of the product. It's a little larger than record album size, and really pops.

hype likes this.
  8. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I had three items in my cart and now the sale appears to be over..

9. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I just got off a chat and they waived the lowest price on 1 of 3 Stones pre orders. Now I'm gonna see of they will price match two others and do another waiver on another purchase.

10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I don’t get it — if the sale is over, why would they do that?

thatguy1976, GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  11. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

Because I'm a valued customer. :D

Levi's Tubs likes this.
  12. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

13. hutlock

Well that’s too bad. They took my order for it, no cancellation notice yet...

SJP likes this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yep. I ordered 2 ;)
    I am sure we will never get them

hutlock and SJP like this.
  15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You never know. Think about it, we're talking about an organization which will extend sale terms beyond the expiration date by merely asking.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

Boy seriously will be AMAZED if I get one, let alone all 3 that I ordered.

GentleSenator and jeffsab like this.
  17. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Same here. I assume I won't get either one I ordered. Someone in this thread or another thread mentioned that people on some website were saying that they ordered loads of this, like ten copies. :rolleyes:

If Target does get some in stock and honors the $3.99 price AND the 3-for-2 deal on top of that, I wonder if it'll be first-come, first-served, where orders are fulfilled in the order they were made.

18. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

If Target does get some in stock and decides to honor at least some (but not all) existing orders hopefully they are smart enough to limit it to one per customer. It's one thing to take advantage of a pricing error to get a copy of something to enjoy for next-to-nothing; it's quite another to try to take advantage of a pricing error and make a huge profit on flipping them at the expense of the retailer who made the error. Target would be stupid to allow people to receive multiple copies of something at $4 that's clearly going to cost them many times more than that to procure; they aren't in business to lose money. Then again, the people paying attention to details like this likely don't care so who knows what will or won't ship.

19. hutlock

Speaking for myself, the only reason I ordered three copies was to fit the parameters of the Buy 2 Get 1 sale. I didn’t want to wind up ordering and having that $3.99 be my free item rather than a $26 LP if that makes sense. I would be perfectly happy with just 1 copy.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i guess i should have tried to order the NY set, dangit.

lightbulb and hutlock like this.
  21. hutlock

If I get more than one, I’ll sell it to you for shipping costs!

22. hutlock

Just got my Dire Straits Making Movies MFSL SACD today, the first of my music orders to arrive. Everything else they had shipped already was books.

GentleSenator and SJP like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

really impressed with whoever packed the two MFSL box sets that i ordered, as they used a recycled box made specifically for records with perfect protection. guess what records were originally mailed in said box: Insane Clown Posse albums.

i guess this stuff came from somewhere other than an amazon warehouse as lord knows they don't know how to pack records.

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  24. Cymb79

Cymb79 Forum Resident

My MFSL communique came with a bunch of white smudges across both records and had lots of pops and ticks. Their great customer service issued me a full refund. Though I would have preferred a replacement, but they were sold out.

hutlock likes this.
  25. hutlock

That’s about the best you can hope for if there’s no replacements to be had. Glad to hear they took care of you.

GentleSenator and Cymb79 like this.