Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I'm really happy with this deal so far, super cheap wax and quality selections. My order was placed last Weds, 6 records for $105, ordered together. I received the "free" discounts on the 3rd most expensive record, and on the least expensive record, a $48 discount. A Tone Poet (Cornbread) and a BN80 (Grant's First Stand) arrived on Friday, they charged me just over $33, packaging was great. I have another Tone Poet and BN80 coming Weds, was charged another $33.

That leaves me two pre-orders pending, the Herbie Hancock Inventions and Dimensions BN80 (out 10/11), and the Pink Floyd 2LP Later Years set with about $40 left for them to charge me on my order. PhantomStranger's post has me wondering if they're gonna sandbag shipping these out. Is that the big rub? I'm willing to play the waiting game as long as it doesn't get totally stupid.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  2. Musicman1257

Musicman1257 Well-Known Member

and it looks like the sale is no longer available.

3. nowherepuppy

nowherepuppy Well-Known Member

as shown in the pictures...
    [​IMG]

4. Musicman1257

Musicman1257 Well-Known Member

I'd definitely reach out to Customer Service and complain if you haven't already. that was a great deal.

riverrat likes this.
  5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yes, I would absolutely do this. Seems really fishy..

Ask them to explain what the "technical issue" was that would prevent them from ever filling your order.

If it were me, I would first check to make sure that other vendors have these items in stock and ready to ship before contacting Target. Present them with that info and ask them to explain why they can't get the items. If they balk or are evasive, tactfully suggest that you are suspicious that the real reason is that they just didn't want to sell you the items at the discounted price, and that their behavior will influence your willingness to do business with them in the future.

I don't know if that's necessarily YOUR style but its the way I often handle big corporate vendors when they act this way..

hutlock likes this.
  6. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

If anyone is interested....the sale is back on this week, but only includes movies and books....no music.

7. I'm surprised they ever include music in these sales - they drop-ship most of their music orders and must be taking a bath on the CD orders.

8. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

Had they done this in the past prior to a couple weeks ago? I really hope they do it again, you can really make out like a bandit on certain pressings. It looks like they price match Wal Mart/Amazon on certain titles, which become a great deal with B2G1F. It was like when Amazon had the B1G1 50% Off Sales a few years back around Black Friday.

9. Yes, this B2G1 media sale has been a yearly occurrence for Target.com.

10. Nrochie4184

Nrochie4184 Forum Resident

Nice...so that was likely the one and only time? I can't recall if they had any good Black Friday deals for music.

11. rjraphael

And it is back again! Music is included this time.

12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Awesome!

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. rjraphael

Also video games.

14. Most everything but pre-orders are included this time.

15. rjraphael

Almost all pre-orders are included. At least on the first page of featured vinyl pre-orders, 23 of the 24 items are included. Most of the movie and cd pre-orders are also included.

Only some video game pre-orders are included. On the first page of featured PS4 pre-order games, only 6 of the 24 are included.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  16. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Picked up Neil Young "Colorado" vinyl, Beck "Hyperspace" vinyl pre-order, and "Blue Collar" blu-ray pre-order. $20 savings makes "Colorado" finally affordable, mathematically. :tiphat:

17. Zensound

Zensound Forum Resident

Took the plunge for Matthew Sweet- Kimi Ga Suki, EBTG- Walking Wounded pre-order and Keith Richards -Main Offender pre-order.
    Order processed; crossed fingers for no cxl.
    Thx for the heads up.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. jlykos

jlykos Forum Resident

Awesome deal here. Used the money that I would have spent for Black Friday RSD for the Target offer due to the dearth of compelling RSD choices. Picked up the Bob Dylan Travelin' Thru, Nick Cave Ghosteen, and Frank Zappa Joe's Garage for a great price with free shipping to boot!

19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Grabbed all of the Blue Note 80 releases for November and December.

hutlock likes this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Did the same thing as I did with the Amazon sale, polled my music buddies as to who wants a Replacements box for $41. Got takers, order placed for three!

hutlock likes this.
  21. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

in for 5 nov/dec blue notes and beck's hyperspace, worked out to $17.65 shipped each for me... very nice!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I preordered three of the Police vinyl reissues for the price of two. Good deal!

23. This sale will apparently continue on through next week - it's advertised in next week's flyer.

24. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

If anyone wants to team up on the CD box sets of Abbey Road and R.E.M.'s Monster, let me know!

SJP likes this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Really good strategy. I'm lucky to have a handful of local like-minded music buddies who I have managed to work two of these deals. For the Target Replacements box, two of them are duking it out as to who has dibs on being #3!

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.