Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I meant the best bang for the buck for this deal is if you have three similarly priced items - so if I am only interested in one $500 box set for example, and order three of these and cancel two I will get the best deal but my card will be blocked for the 1000$ for couple of days.

2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Yeah I usually browse for matching prices to maximize , i ordered a third set that was much cheaper the new paranoid set and then decided I can hold out for that to drop and cancelled it

3. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

When you guys say "cancel" the other one or two items, what do you mean? Do you place the order for three items, then cancel one or two of them at a later point? If so, how do you do this before the order is fully processed/shipped?

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Its super easy with target go to your order and you can cancel individual items just like anything do it before it ships

hutlock and Biittner Hair Flyin' like this.
  5. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

+1

Gabe Walters likes this.
  6. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I could swear last time round I didn’t need to log in or have an account to order.

Anyways It’s a great sale , everyone get in on this.

7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Not I gotta decide just how much I want to spend , thinking of waiting for Amazon matches

amazons slowly matching

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  8. Biittner Hair Flyin'

From what I can tell, if I order three of the same thing, I can't cancel one or two of them and still get the discount on the one (or two) that remain in the order. Seems that you can only cancel an item if, for example, you order three different products, rather than three of the same product.

9. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Once you select that item (the one with multiples) it will pop up asking how many of the quantity you want to cancel. Verified this when I placed an order.

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
  10. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Thanks!

11. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Did another absurdly sized order.

Three of the new John Prine records are on there.
    A AAA release of Brubeck's Dave Digs Disney by a company called Analog Spark randomly on there
    Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets
    Floyd- Ummagumma and Saucerful
    and Fleetwood Mac-Rumors that somebody above recc'd

beyondmiles likes this.
  12. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

I grabbed the Dave Digs Disney at my local shop the other weekend. Fun takes on the old Disney stuff - I paid $30 and probably wouldn’t pay it again but not a bad deal for 33% off depending on what you get. I actually looked them up and the label also released Brubeck’s Jazz Goes to College which I picked up on Discogs but have yet to spin.

13. I got many of the same as you (the subset above), plus these two:
    • Jackie McLean - Its Time
    • Peggy Lee - Black Coffee
    I've been looking fwd to this sale since the last one.

I contemplated
    • Horace Tapscott Quintet - The Giant Is Awakened
    • Chet Baker (Lerner and Loewe), the only one I don't have, but wanted to confirm these would be the Kevin Gray versions. Will these have same glossy sleeves, or at that price point be more modest?
    • Richard Thompson vinyl (3 most recent reissues)
    • Lee Morgan Rajah (the multiple of 3 didn't add up so this'll have to wait)
    And why is John Coltrane - Ballads not in the promotion? I asked customer service and they didn't have a clue
    And how is Chet Baker Sings now going for $65 on Discogs? Are these getting repressed?

To the question of Coltrane Columbia monos, my understanding is they're all from Mark Wilder's digital master, per Michael Fremer. I've a few, and they're pretty good, but I upgrade to clean originals when those become avail.

14. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

same with A Love Supreme and the new Monk!

davidpoole likes this.
  15. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I was surprisingly restrained with my Target orders today. Only placed two orders for 3 LPs each (no box sets) and saved about $40 overall. I've been directing most of music spending to my local shop, especially during the past two RSD Drops. I'm planning my largest RSD purchase (dollar wise) on the upcoming October RSD Drop (thank you Grateful Dead and their impossibly tempting 5/9/1977 set), so I have to make sure I budget for that. Also can't forget RSD Black Friday next month. As usual, too much great music, too little money to overly indulge -- although my wife might saying buying ~20 records a month is overly indulging. :whistle:

davidpoole likes this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Re: Chet Baker Sings — yes, they are all getting repressed. Do NOT overpay for any of the Tone Poet titles unless you really just gotta have it now. None of them are OOP, just OOS because of the backup at pressing and printing. This all comes from Joe Harley himself.

17. And confusingly, A Love Supreme was in promo as pre-release. I just received my copy

I’m contemplating adding to a second order:
    The two Charlie Parker 10” boxes (the Mercury/Clef is pre-order)
    Two Black Jazz titles (Doug Carn etc)

18. that’s a relief, thanks for the intel :)

hutlock likes this.
  19. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

Paul Chambers Bass on top.. Might be worth it

20. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

How do they handle returns for this? Assume the discount is still split among the two kept items? Changed my mind on needing one box set I ordered but seems to late to cancel...

21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Cancelled my next 6 months of Amazon preorders and saved fat coin reordering via Target! Ka-ching!

22. Biittner Hair Flyin'

My experiences in the past were that Target pro-rates the discount amount for returns, so the average per-item discount still applies to the items you don't return.

23. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Perfect, thank you! If I return a box set, I can justify another order of single lp pre-orders...

24. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Pre-ordered Reznor's The Social Network and Quake soundtracks and got Dinosaur Jr.'s Hand It Over for free. Sweet deal.

25. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

the list from target is massive compared to amazons. im seeing 8100 items filtering by vinyl.

GentleSenator likes this.