Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That jumps to 162,379 if you filter by 'vinyls'! :winkgrin:

2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

how many people just got triggered by seeing "vinyls"

Twinsfan007, samwise, Briskit and 6 others like this.
  3. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

For $114.18 I'm in for:

Acoustic Sounds Series:
    Nina Simone - Pastel Blues (pre-order)
    Nina Simone - I Put a Spell On You (pre-order)
    Tone Poets:
    Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner
    Stanley Turrentine - That's Where It's At
    Art Blakey - Roots and Herbs (pre-order)
    Donald Byrd - Byrd in Flight (pre-order)

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It seems like Target's sale includes all of their stock in the applicable categories. When I browsed Amazon, almost everything I searched for that I wanted was not part of their sale. To be fair, Amazon has a lot of physical media that Target does not carry so I don't expect Amazon to include every single media item on their website.

superstar19 likes this.
  5. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I almost canceled the Nina Simone Acoustic Sounds' pre-orders when looking at the Amazon sale. What Amazon has in their sale are the same titles, but from 2016, so BEWARE and take care.

6. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Completely triggered. LMAO.

7. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Speaking of being triggered, I wonder how the packing will be when stuff ships. I had good experiences last time and didn't get anything that was damaged but IIRC others weren't so lucky. For those of you who had to replace or return stuff, how easy was it for you?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Levi's Tubs

I've found Target, as a whole, to be much better for packaging than Amazon.

9. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

So I've only ever ordered one (that shipped) from Target - Tina Brooks' TP release. It came in an actual LP mailer (granted a thin one), but it was fine.

I placed an order for 3 LPs before the current sale and two of them came today in this box...MoFi mailer for scale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The records themselves seem fine (two single LPs) and were wrapped in all the bubble air wrap. These ones are going right back to Target since I reordered with the sale.

I did just get shipping notifications for 12 out of the 13 in stock items I ordered yesterday. We'll see how they get shipped!

DailyHiFi likes this.
  10. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Can someone post a link to the sale page please.
    **** ain't working at my end.
    Maybe I missed it?

11. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Forget it - I'm in.
    Looks like they were Geo-blocking me.

12. Levi's Tubs

I got the same massive box treatment for 1 record. What in the world? I'm dreading how big the box will be for my shipment of 8 records next week.

DailyHiFi likes this.
  13. beyondmiles

7 packages came today (totaling 10 records) - all are in LP mailers except for 1 package containing 2 records - same box as the one yesterday. Not bad.

DailyHiFi likes this.
  14. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

This is kind of variation is what I remember from last time. It seems you are really at the mercy of who is packing stuff. I had two records show up last time loose in that comically large box with no damage somehow. My monk 10" box set was packed like it was meant to be shot into lower earth orbit and no burn up on re-entry. I'm really curious to see how I and others fair this time around.

15. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

Man, between this and Amazon, I just spent way too much money. And I blame each and every one of you in this thread! (because nothing is ever my fault)

16. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

Did they ever get for these Tone Poet LPs?
    Herbie Hancock -- My Point of View
    Horace Silver -- Further Explorations
    Jimmy Smith -- Prayer Meetin'
    I'm surprised I can't find them...

17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I couldn't find them at Target's site either so ended up getting them from udiscover with the 30% off code.

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

is today the last day for the target sale or is it all week? i wasnt sure if it was to compete with prime day or not.

19. beyondmiles

I'm pretty sure it's through Saturday.

Got another package today and now I'm seeing if I can ever beat the sheer size and power of this one.
    [​IMG]

Chris Bernhardt and Quark1134 like this.
  20. Levi's Tubs

Abba cannot be contained by a mere single mailer. Any word on the sound of that release? I love ABBA with zero hint of irony or guilt.

beyondmiles and SJP like this.
  21. beyondmiles

You're not wrong.

Haven't found much - but I don't have high expectations. Goal is to give all these recent arrivals a proper clean and spin this weekend. Will update, but on sale (I think it was $26 down from $40, plus the sale) felt like it was worth picking up for 2LPs of Swedish Pop GOLD.

Tjazz and SJP like this.
  22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Site says through today (Weds)? But who knows.

23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Buy 2 get 1 free on select movies, music and books. Add all items to cart to receive discount. Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on previous orders. Lowest-priced item will be free. Offer excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ 3rd Party Partners and clearance items. Quantities limited. Discount not applicable to gift wrap, tax, or shipping and handling charges. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the item. Pricing, promotions and availability may vary by location and on Target.com. Offer expires 10/17/2020 at 11:59pm PT.

Or so it says.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  24. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Well, it's been fun guys. Instead of the weekly Neil Young 4am approval email, I got a 4am cancellation notice...

... for all 60 box sets that I ordered ;(

Go big or go home, right? Guess I'm going home. Right around the time pre-orders were supposed to go live too.

fatwad666, imail724 and DailyHiFi like this.
  25. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Yeah, They just killed my order for three copies as well.

fatwad666 and SJP like this.