Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just checked my orders and they cancelled my Nina Simone backorder as well. It’s strange because they cancelled I Put a Spell on You but I already received Pastel Blues. I DEFINITELY approved the backorder, so this must just be a supply issue where Target were told they can’t have more or won’t be able to get them at any definitive date. Strange but whatever, I’m sure I can just buy it somewhere else. It ain’t the end of the world really.

2. soam

soam Forum Resident

My Nina Simone I Put a Spell on You was backordered and just today got notice it was cancelled.

hutlock likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

+1 for a nina cancellation. of course the price is at list almost everywhere else now. with all the praise it's receiving in the pertinent thread here i was actually really excited to get this.

hutlock and soam like this.
  4. hutlock

Ditto, and Pastel Blues sounds fantastic. Looks like I Put a Spell... is sold out at uDiscover too so I’m thinking there is a pressing delay or shortage on that one.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i was really trying not to order from target this round, but they've now included the new cross roads guitar fest set...and have the 2112 box.

6. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

They have the four John Hiatt LPs that first appeared on vinyl in his big box set; $18.39 each.

John Hiatt : Target

7. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

Pearl Jam Ten showed up today...in a bag. Hopefully I can get a replacement.

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeesh. good luck! doesn't even appear to be on their site any longer.

9. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

My I Put A Spell On You is still back ordered so keeping my fingers crossed. Grabbed Pastel Blues today while out from the local shop for $30 which isn’t too bad.

hutlock likes this.
  10. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

You would really hope the picking system does not call for bag for a vinyl record. Sounds like maybe someone picked the wrong shipping container!

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Oh no! Please keep all sharp objects away from Rentz! :laugh:

hutlock likes this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

nooooooo

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  13. beyondmiles

I can’t see that original post but I ordered something last night at 9:38pm PT and it worked. Bummer if true!

14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Looks like the member deleted the post. I wonder why.

15. beyondmiles

Maybe because it still works. Just did it.

16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Whew I’ll put down the knife now

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

still some weirdness with the site, but it was a false alarm.

decided to grab the Let It Bleed anniversary set and get it for $55 just now with the discount/cancel trick.

18. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Dang, I assumed this would last through the weekend but went I went to check out this morning the discount was removed from my cart. Blast.

19. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

You have another day to buy what you want, assuming the items are still part of the sale next Saturday (I think that's the day this week's Target ad indicates there will be another 3 for 2 sale on books, music and movies).

MicJames likes this.
  20. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Yeah it was me, I deleted it because I was wrong. It didn't work when i had one item that was a preorder, but worked with 3 in stock items.

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I also got the “I Put a Spell on You “ canceled even though I got Pastel Blues from them. I checked my past emails and sure enough I did get notified about a delay as I had gotten for multiple record purchases made over the past few weeks. I see I opened the email and I assume I followed the link to approve as I always do but I also see I never got the follow up email saying I have successfully approved the delay. So I guess I loose on that one.
    It is a pain to do it that way. Maybe they have had too many returns from people saying the item arrived too late.

22. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident Thread Starter

The B2G1 sale on Saturday is only for movies and games, not music.

23. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Thanks for the correction. I didn't look closely at the details because I don't think they have anything else I'm interested in, having taken advantage of the two previous sales.

24. hutlock

25. beyondmiles

Not bad at all! Was out and I Put A Spell On You was at a different local shop for $32 so I just grabbed it and canceled my backorder on Target. It's been a support local kind of weekend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've juiced enough discounts out of Target that it felt fine to purchase for a bit more. Plus Pastel Blues sounds soooo good that I had to get the other Nina Simone ASAP!

hutlock likes this.