Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

3 are in transit for me in two separate shipments, but I don't recall being hit with damaged jackets in the past. If it's a cheap/common record, then it's not worth worrying about as it's unlikely to ever be worth much. If it's a pricier record, then it's more of a decision about whether you really want something pristine for a higher cost or, like you said, you can tolerate it with the discount in mind.

The reality, for me, is that I'm very unlikely to ever sell any significant part of my collection, so these things generally don't bother me unless it's something really special or display-worthy.

hutlock likes this.
  2. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

This sale was a great deal and cancellations are a bummer but prefer to think the glass is more.than half full....as the prices are great....their boxing is at least as good as Amazon and unfortunately if u want bulletproof boxing you need a smaller local or audiophile business

I am not sure why seam splits are so abhorred though...I can't hear a difference and you really need look closely to notice the visual blight...then again I don't get the colored vinyl fetish so maybe I am just out of touch with the brave new world

hutlock likes this.
  3. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I had Byrd In Flight and The Waiting Game cancelled. Amazon is showing the release date is January 8th, so I reordered them there.

4. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Yeah I think I'll try to ignore it, especially since it's on the top rather than on the spine. i did have to return another that was full of scratches and bad surface pops even after cleaning, but that's just how it goes with so much new vinyl these days and not on target.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, my Roots and Herbs LP was the first one with any significant damage to it from Target, and I’ve gotten more than 20 from them at this point with all the sales. I’m totally blaming USPS for this one.

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. hype

hype Forum Resident

I was pretty lucky with Target overall.. They quickly fixed the few damaged albums I got and everything else was well packed and arrived in good condition.

Sadly, like Amazon though if the record isn't already in a mailer at the Warehouse it will all come down to where it ships from and the individual employee that handles your order. One of the main reasons I purposely tried to avoid Amazon, Target and Walmart during this Holiday season unless it's an unbelievable deal.

7. My latest Target order arrived in a different type of mailer than the past. This was a whiplash type mailer and much nicer than the flimsy mailers they were using before. Hopefully this becomes the norm moving forward.

hutlock likes this.
  8. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

I'm at about a 25% defect rate here, and between this and the cancellations, am close to throwing in the towel. And the returns have been inconsistent...sometimes they issue a replacement upon notice, other times upon receipt, a refund if OOS, and one record was non-returnable.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

for the most part, things have been manageable. as others have mentioned: their standard mailers are pretty flimsy, but they have ample "flaps" on each side which offer some added protection.

i did, however, order a multi-album box set from them during this last sale. the dire straits set. it was shipped only inside its original wrap-around cardboard from the manufacturer and arrived seriously beat up. every sleeve is split, the box is heavily dented, the records suffered scratching from all the debris flying around. a chat with customer service yielded an immediate replacement without the need to return the set, however.

hutlock likes this.
  10. hutlock

Yeah, my Roots and Herbs LP came in one of these... and it was the first one to arrive with cover damage. Lol.

11. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Glad they made it right but that's crazy - the box I ordered actually came in a really sturdy package, but been getting the flimsy packaging for orders of 2 or 3 single LPs.

Anyone pre-order John Prine Live through Target? Still says preparing to ship with estimated delivery 11/23-12/4... does this mean a likely cancellation?

12. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

My most recent Target orders got shipped via UPS not USPS. Shipped out of Oregon on Thursday and arriving today, Saturday.

Not bad for free shipping. Let’s hope they don’t arrive with mangled jackets. :)

13. Oof. Was it punctured or what?

hutlock likes this.
  14. hutlock

It actually wasn’t! From the outside, it just looked like one of the box corners was a tiny bit scrunched, but not even the part where the LP would be. I was pretty surprised to see it looking so rough when I opened the box.

15. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I hate to complain anymore but UPS transferred my order to the wrong post office, supposedly. Tracking said it would be corrected but now it's updated to say it's returned to sender. One of the items is out of stock. Hopefully they'll reship the package. So frustrating. I guess UPS isn't doing any better than USPS.

16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I pre-ordered through Bullmoose, but I don't think it comes out until next week or the following.

17. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Does anyone know or suspect the buy 2, get 1 free for music will return anytime soon (ish)?

18. hutlock

I would guess not until next year. They ran a bunch of them already and chances are slim that anything shipped would even make it before Xmas at this point... that is a complete guess though.

superstar19 and MicJames like this.
  19. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I apparently had like 6 pre-orders from the b2g1 sale all recently cancelled. No email. No nothing. Just saw cancelled in my account when I checked today. I'm done ordering any pre-orders from them.

20. hutlock

Ugh. Sorry man. Can you let us know what the titles were?

21. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

By the way, these arrived today and they are the colored-vinyl editions, not the black vinyl that displays on the Target site.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  22. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I have several that have switched to backordered.

23. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

This is why i dont do the target sales

24. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Latest fun times. Pink Floyd Animals came and was warped. It was sold out at the time so I couldn't get a replacement. Came back in stock during the sale, ordered. Got a shipping notification email a couple days ago. Cool. Got an delay approval needed email on it yesterday? And when I go into my order, it says on my all orders page it's shipped and arriving, but then in order details needs an approval. Go to click it, says sorry, something went wrong.

I'm on chat and she says I need to approve it or it will get canceled. I tell her I can't approve it. She says she can't approve it either. I said, okay, well what do we do? And she says I need to approve it or it will get canceled. I ask her how I do that. She says I can't.

I need a drink.

timzigs, Fred68, samwise and 6 others like this.
  25. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

beyondmiles likes this.