Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Definitely unofficial.

2. putz

putz Forum Resident

Rust market.

3. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

What has been folks experience with Targets vinyl shipping? are records shipped securely, or just tossed in a box? Never ordered records from them, but this sale looks pretty darn good for some things I've been wanting.

4. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

was wondering the same thing- but my order shipped. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

PoeRaider likes this.
  5. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just got my order today. It consisted of two 3LP sets and another box set with 1LP and some CDs/DVDs, and it was all packed nicely with a bunch of those inflated plastic "pillows," for lack of a better word, on the top and bottom, and folded pieces of cardboard protecting each corner. The two vinyl sets are housed in thinner cardboard but arrived in absolutely mint condition, but the other set (STP's Core Super Deluxe 25th Anniversary box) is made of much thicker card stock but had a big ding in the spine. It really didn't look like it occurred during this shipment, though.

thetman and PoeRaider like this.
  6. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

searching for pre-orders on this Sale I was able to see they had some BN80 releases scheduled down the line and stumbled into Richard and Linda reissues in March, though these were good deals...

Lee Morgan - The Rumproller (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Apr 13 - Thu, Apr 16
    Dexter Gordon - A Swingin' Affair (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Apr 13 - Thu, Apr 16 Jackie Mclean - A Fickle Sonance (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Apr 13 - Thu, Apr 16 Thompson Richard & L - Hokey Pokey (Lp) (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Mar 30 - Thu, Apr 2
    Thompson Richard & L - Pour Down Like Silve (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Mar 30 - Thu, Apr 2
    Thompson Richard & L - I Want To See Th(Lp) (Vinyl), $21.49 / ea, Arriving Mon, Mar 30 - Thu, Apr 2
    Subtotal (6 items)
    $128.94, Discounts, Buy 2 Get 1 Free On Videogames , Target Circle Earnings, -$44.42, Delivery,Free, Estimated Taxes $7.29
    $91.81 shipped,
    $15.30 per LP shipped

[​IMG]

Dignan2000 and johnt23 like this.
  7. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Add Jackie McLean A Fickle Sonance to the list of available BN80s.

8. putz

putz Forum Resident

Forget the records, I'm looking forward to the packaging!

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, that’d be great if I knew the flutter issue had been solved.

10. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I ordered three sets of the Metallica "...And Justice for All" deluxe box set from Target a few months ago -- one for me, and two for friends of mine. The three-for-two deal made us decide to go for it.

Well, some idiot at Target removed the sets from their custom-made shipping boxes (which have foam padding all the way around the interior sides of the shipping boxes) and tossed the three sets inside a huge, flimsy box -- and tossed in the foam padding from the original custom-made boxes for the sets, thinking that it would protect the three sets during shipment.

All three sets were dinged up upon arrival, so I had to ship them back to Target and get replacements. I called Target and emphasized to the person I spoke with that they needed to be kept in their original custom-made shipping boxes. Fortunately, they did that second time around.

11. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Why oh why isn’t Grant Green Nigeria part of the 2/1 deal?! It’d make my order a lot easier

12. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

placed another order
    ordered Aerosmith night in the ruts vinyl
    Eagles greatest hits vinyl
    Thin lizzy fighting vinyl-preorder.

13. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

I also placed another order for 3 Thin Lizzie pre-orders..., $47 shipped...

thetman likes this.
  14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

browsing the target sale and i'll say be careful of 2 things
    1) i see unofficial releases on here, if thats not your jam be on the lookout
    2) some of these prices seem really high on items i regularly see on amazon for half this. I'm even seeing the exact item listed twice at different prices.

not saying this sale isnt a deal, just have to pick and choose and be careful.

15. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

agree, everything I was interested in I compared between the two sites. for the lps I bought they were pretty much on par with each other price wise. maybe a dollar or slightly more, but still worth it to get the freebie.
    I was also interested in some 4k movies but, yes the prices seemed jacked, not worth it even with the third free so I stuck with vinyl.

also have to be careful with Amazon, they have raised the prices on some of the items listed. I noticed some lps I was keeping track of have risen over the last few days

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yes amazon raised prices for the sale on a lot of items too it seems. the box sets and higher dollar items are a good deal but the avg lp they seemed to jump way up.

zphage and thetman like this.
  17. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

placed another (and my final) order
    all preorders
    Ozzy-ordinary man
    Thin lizzy, bad reputation & jailbreak.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Some good stuff including pre-orders available.
    Stones-Bremen set
    Billy Corgan- Cotillions
    Pearl Jam-Gigaton
    Ozzy
    Toto
    Gaz Coombs live
    Barbera Lynn
    Joe Perry

19. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Anyone know if that Tapscott Giant Awakens LP is the VMP or Real Gone reissue?

Target is labeling it as Red Eye, which is just a distributor (they do the same for the June Tyson record which is actually on Modern Harmonic for example). Not wanting to get the Real Gone if so. Although guess I could just return it if that's what it turned out to be.

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Are other retailers allowed to even sell VMP exclusives? I thought that was the whole point of VMP—exclusivity.

21. Bobby Buckshot

Yep, had to do some digging but you're correct. That Tapscott VMP is an exclusive, and so when I saw the RGJ Tapscott LP over at AS I knew it's likely the RGJ.

Target obviously doesn't put much thought into what "Label" actually means...unfortunately.

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  22. hutlock

Well, better you found out now before you sunk your money into it I guess.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  23. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

So the VMP and Real Gone are different masterings? Real Gone lists it as coming from "high resolution sources".

24. hutlock

I don’t own either of them so I couldn’t say for sure. I’m not sure if VMP does their own mastering on ALL of their or just presses with existing mastering and special packaging/colored vinyl on some of them. But for instance on the Blue Note titles, VMP has exclusive mastering... so it very likely varies by title? Maybe someone who knows more about VMP can say for sure.

25. Bobby Buckshot

I don't have any Real Gone LPs, but at least this is the US RG and not the EU Real Gone. Completely different and the scarcity of Tapscott's music on vinyl likely makes this worth it IMO, even if it's hi-rez digital pressed to vinyl (which I don't know for sure, just making a statement).