Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

I ordered it and anxiously crossing my fingers... two delay emails approved so far.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, Ill probably end up missing an email from them and get the thing cancelled. I doubt we will ever see this.

3. They don’t charge you til it ships, so that’s not really an issue.

As for the MoFi titles, yeah the cancellation is annoying, but if that glitch doesn’t hit you, you will get it. I preordered a few Dire Straits titles from them, Grateful Dead MoFis, One Steps, etc and received them all.

It’s only the Tone Poets and new Verve series where I have had them cancel on me.

hutlock and mpayan like this.
  4. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

I am in the same boat. Not expecting to get it.

5. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

I bailed on that one last week as some indie shops have it for the same price. I didnt have it as part of a buy 2 get 1, however.

6. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Target customer service for the win.

In October, during the 3 for 2 sale, I put 12 Tone Poet and Verve Acoustic Sounds Series titles on one big order. Target delivered six of them, so I got two free. They canceled I Put a Spell on You, The Waiting Game, and A Study in Brown. No big deal, I just sucked it up and ordered those from elsewhere. For the six titles I got, I paid $121.01.

This is where it gets weird. Target also canceled I Can See Your House from Here, The Rajah, and Bass on Top. I decided to chat with customer service so I could reorder those for the 3 for 2 sale price. All I wanted was to place a new order and get $26.99 off, under the terms of the sale. The agent offered that if I placed a new order for all three--which came to $102.79--he would fully refund the previous order's total, the full $121.01. That's $94.02 more than I was asking for. Of course I took the offer, but I'm kind of dumbfounded. I know Target gives its customer service agents pretty wide latitude, but this is wild. In effect, I ordered three titles and got six free.

7. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Giant corporate error in your favor.

8. Gabe Walters

Definitely an unexpected windfall. Either an error or a customer service agent being generous or fed up with his employer, lol.

Instant Dharma and hutlock like this.
  9. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

I would keep an eye out for a sale soon. Going through my old orders I found a few three LP orders from last February.

Presidents/Valentines sale maybe.

bmusic and samwise like this.
  10. Target Circle has 20% off all movies this week.

superstar19 likes this.
  11. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

Last year they had a 3 for 2 sale starting Feb 9, so hoping we get another one in the next week or two.

bmusic likes this.
  12. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Probably got fired :(

13. Gabe Walters

I doubt it. Target customer service and even cashiers have wide latitude to adjust prices. This obviously goes beyond that, but I don’t think there would be repercussions beyond maybe a stern word, and that’s if it gets caught in the first place.

14. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

had a win win situation too from the last 3 for 2 sale. One of the items was a not so cheap hard cover book. I got a notice that the item was canceled. no reason given.
    a few weeks later I received a package shipped from NY and was curious of what it was since I didn't order anything, and behold it was the book! strange indeed.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  15. Levi's Tubs

Having recovered from the last Black Friday into Xmas sales from Target and Acoustic Sounds, I could go for another 3-4-2 sale.

Also, because I've since found that Buffalo Springfield AAA box on Target.com. Any other winners like that one hiding out there?

bmusic likes this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just got ship notice for The Rajah. Glad I no longer need to worry about all of this mess! Hope all the rest of you get what you ordered...

17. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Clifford and Max heading my way.

GentleSenator likes this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

+1

it's an xmas miracle

hutlock, beyondmiles and ATMP like this.
  19. Levi's Tubs

Black Coffee and Bass on Top are both in the shipping stages for me. I think Target is starting to right its pre-order ship.

superstar19, beyondmiles and ATMP like this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well yeah... after they cancelled 8 of the 9 titles I ordered.

21. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Ditto. Bass on Top shipped yesterday and Rajah and Study in Brown shipped today.

All that's left are the Time Outtakes, the 4 Chet Baker titles, and Page One. Crossing my fingers it all goes through!

22. Levi's Tubs

I'm looking forward to those Riverside Chet's. They should be shipping in the next week or so.

23. threequartersbaked

threequartersbaked Forum Resident

I too am looking forward to those Riverside Chet's (I've mentioned in the TP thread that CBS is probably my favorite from the series...not a Riverside, but it's got me all in on Chet now), but both Target and Amazon now show a release date of March 5th. Guess we'll have to wait a few weeks longer.

Patanoia likes this.
  24. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

I had a similar experience with them several weeks ago. Hopefully that person keeps their job! They need more customer service reps like that at amazon...

Gabe Walters and jason202 like this.
  25. bmusic

bmusic Forum Resident

I got it. I hope you did, too!