Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Went to amazon and as far as I can tell, their B2G1 offer has expired. I had just assumed it would go through the end of the day like Target. Doh.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i ended up not buying a single thing via amazon's as even trying to determine what was part of the sale was a real hassle.

3. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

Most of these end up being only slightly less than at Deep Discount with the 15% off. Some items are more. The retail prices are hit and miss at target.

MicJames likes this.
  4. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

I did earlier in the week, only because as I went to check out at Target, the All Things Must Pass box set had suddenly sold out. So I got the Let it Be, All Things Must Pass, and Stage Fright box sets with the B2G1 through Amazon.

The week has been crazy for me, so I left everything else I was interested in carts to figure out on Saturday. Most of the Target cart has sold out, and the Amazon sale appears to have expired. Snooze and lose.

5. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

The sale is still going, from what I can see.

Amazon 3-for-2 sale

6. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Ah, thank you. So perhaps what happened is they have significantly paired down the B2G1 offerings. The three sets I bought earlier in the week, for example, no longer appear to be included. As well as others I had my eye on.

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Same here , without being able to sort stuff i just don't have the time to bother .

GentleSenator and JorgeGvb like this.
  8. Thanks @Tim1954 - You called out a couple that weren't on my radar, though not in Target's sale AFAIK.
    Have you compared any MPS reissues to originals, sound-wise?

9. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

Trying to find similarly priced items to pair with Dylan’s Springtime in New York deluxe box in the Target Sale. CSNY Deja Vu box is sold out, unfortunately.

10. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

There isn’t much I’m looking for besides RSD titles. So I went to Target, picked up thePlant/Krauss that I did want, and left. Sometimes we tend to outsmart ourselves with these sales.

CoachD, timzigs, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  11. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

I haven’t but I can’t see how they could possibly sound better. MPS reissues in recent years have just been phenomenal. And I’ve seen at least one person on this forum claiming they better originals, fwiw.

TxRangersFan and davidpoole like this.
  12. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Just received one of my larger vinyl orders from the sale. I am pleased to report that Target has upped their packaging game. The records were packed into a deep box with cardboard buffers on all sides- no sliding around or bending possible.

oldjollymon, Davidmk5 and SJP like this.
  13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

At least Target tends to put stuff in the sale and then leave it there for the week. I gave up trying to take advantage of the similar sale at Amazon because they are continuously moving things in and out of the promotion. I posted about this several months ago -- by the time I put a third item in my cart, one of the first two items had been removed from the sale. That happened more than once. I just gave up.

I guess I am a lot more selective about what I'm willing to buy -- and I have almost every music release I want already anyway. I cannot even find three things of nearly equivalent cost to buy on Target. I may end up buying three items ranging in price from $10 (which will be the free item) to $20 because there are three items priced near $20 that I want. Or I might just let the sale pass me by since there really are only two things I would order without the sale that are part of the sale, meaning that I'm buying a third item just to get one of them free. It really isn't a deal if you're buying things you wouldn't otherwise.

mrjinks, MicJames and Davidmk5 like this.
  14. Thanks Tim. Glad to read a positive report of the MPS series.

15. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I have been in the same boat. They don't have my number three choice. I have thought about getting a duplicate of one of the titles and selling it to get funds to cover my third choice from another vendor.

MicJames likes this.
  16. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

Buy another item of the same price and return it. Or cancel it.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

sale has ended and target did not go bankrupt so worry not ......will it come back in 2022.....all depends on omicron

Bloom likes this.
  18. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

It’s clearly something happening due to a flaw in their system. And Target knows about it and hasn’t changed it. They don’t seem to care and it’s not moving the needle enough for them to fix apparently. Udiscover and Sound of Vinyl used to have stacking coupon codes that people used and what did they do about it? They updated their backend to prevent double coupons.

Calling additional discounts “stealing” is crazy to me. It’s not like people are returning the records and getting something free or walking out of the door with an album under their coat. Target is moving product with the sales which is why they have sales to begin with. I spent $450 at least on the target sale, but apparently I “stole” those records. It’s the same discount whether you buy 3 and return 2 or keep all 3. They aren’t losing additional money for each unit from people using that loophole. But they are probably selling more units because instead of people not being able to find a third title and not placing an order, they are selling more.

would I use this loophole on a small business or my local store? No. But Target and Amazon are doing just fine. Target knows about the loophole and doesn’t seem to want to fix it. Only they know the reasoning behind it, but my guess is that they are still happy to move as much product as they can in a few days.

19. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Why not? If there's nothing wrong with it? Don't you want your local store to "sell more units."

20. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I grabbed the 2 Eagles MOFI SACD's on pre-order along with the one Dire Straits MOFI SACD I needed to complete the collection. $20 each after the discount w free shipping ain't too shabby!

SJP likes this.
  21. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

The end result is exactly the same if you were to buy three products and legitimately return one for whatever reason. The final price is tabulated the same way. It's really not a big deal, people.

22. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

because my local doesn't make up for profit by selling in volume and they aren't selling hundreds of thousands of records per year. target and amazon are. in fact it's amazon's main business strategy and a big reason why they spent so many years without recording much of a profit. they prioritized market share and growth instead of mark ups. Target made 25 BILLION in the 2nd quarter of this year.

if this was a big issue for target, they would have fixed it by now. as mentioned earlier, target's CEO got a $20 million bonus last year. My local store has been doing everything in their power to stay open during the pandemic which is why I buy as much as I can from them (they don't sell much new so I buy used from them). if you don't understand the difference between the two, I don't know what to tell you and theres no sense in getting in a discussion with you based on it because clearly you can't have a discussion in good faith. it's incredibly bizarre for me to see people to say that anyone using a loophole that has existed for the past few years for a company that makes nearly 100 billion dollars a year is "Stealing".

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    GentleSenator, imail724 and astro70 like this.
  23. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

But but but… think of the poor corporations! :p

GentleSenator, Mike H. and imail724 like this.
  24. poidog

poidog Senior Member

I love the internet.

grouploner likes this.
  25. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Just clarifying in case you meant that Target made a $25 billion profit in the second quarter. They had revenue of $25 billion that quarter, and operating income of $2.5 billion.

That's still a honkin' load of profit.