Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I'm willing to gamble at $20 and some change. I have an original stereo but wouldn't mind an upgrade

Shawn likes this.
  2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I really didn’t think it’d be hard finding three things I want in this sale. I’ll try again tomorrow.

timzigs and kevinkasson like this.
  3. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

4. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Anyone know whether pre-orders are charged now or when they ship? Up against financial tough times but hoping to pre-order 3 LPs while the deals are here.

Also for fellow the bargain hunters out there, Sam Cooke's A Portrait of a Legend for around $14 is one of the best vinyl deals in my opinion... like ever? I paid double that after the discount in a Target sale a few years ago and felt like I got a steal. Don't hold me to this... I think it is actually not all-analog. But don't fear, it is one of the very best sounding releases in my collection. A must purchase at this price if you don't have a collection full of Sam Cooke already.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    Comicsanstombstone likes this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Here’s what Target does: they put a HOLD on your card for the entire total of your order. That money isn’t charged for real until stuff ships. The hold usually drops off your card in 3-5 days as well.

So if your credit limit is $1000 and you are sitting at $975, if you buy $40 from Target, you will be “over” on your card until it drops off a few days later. But again that money is just a hold, not actual charges.

Hope that all makes sense.

6. samwise

samwise Forum Resident

Yes - thank you!

hutlock likes this.
  7. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

To add to that, they replace the hold on your card every month until the preorder ships. If your CC number or details change, I believe they cancel your order, so make sure to keep your details up to date.

hutlock likes this.
  8. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Incredible mastering. I have terrible inner groove distortion on mine (tried two copies) :/ others report this as well. Probably varies by setup

Mike H. likes this.
  9. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Is today or tomorrow the last day of the sale?

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Today will be the last day.

hutlock and Mike H. like this.
  11. Bill Evans Trio ‘65 is once again available as part of the sale. It was unavailable for at least several days.

bmusic and Mike H. like this.
  12. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I believe it ends around midnight PST.

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

I actually ordered this one during their LAST sale, and it just finally shipped, so maybe it disappeared while they were filling existing orders? Glad I’m finally getting it…

14. It was listed the past few days but said something like ‘allotment exceeded for pre-orders’ (paraphrasing, I forget the exact verbiage). But as I type it’s now available as part of the sale.

hutlock and Mike H. like this.
  15. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

In the past, Target has added a bunch of stuff on Saturday that they had left out in the sale or was previously OOS.

hutlock, Shawn and GentleSenator like this.
  16. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Most of my Target orders arrived yesterday in one large box, or so I thought. Some guy sealed the bottom with one slice of tape and the bottom was loose with one record protruding. A total of TWELVE records were missing from what was supposed to be in the package. Thankfully, they are sending replacements but I half expect Target to ban me solely because they hire from the left side of the Bell curve.

17. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Another off-topic post, sorry, but you made me think of a developing situation here in Los Angeles. These links are to Instagram:

1) Arroyo Records was broken into - hundreds of records were stolen. Photos of the scene: Login • Instagram

2) The next day, the thieves showed up at Amoeba Records in Hollywood, selling some of the records over-the-counter. Amoeba's cameras picked up clear photographs of the man and woman involved. Login • Instagram

... glad to see record stores working together and using technology to try to combat theft.

Shawn, jamesc, Biff Jones and 5 others like this.
  18. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I received 2 records from my order, each in a giant box. They were in great shape but it certainly seems like a waste of packaging.

FWatty likes this.
  19. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I was worried about my target packaging since a bunch of people have had issues. I must have a good distribution center though because this is how my box sets showed up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FWatty, Briskit, Davidmk5 and 5 others like this.
  20. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

21. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Baseball bat, meet side of head. :realmad:

hutlock likes this.
  22. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

I received one of those "item delayed" messages which prompted me to accept the delay. I did not do that in time, and they cancelled it on me.
    Do any of these "item delayed" orders ever actually ship? 100% of mine have been cancelled due to being unavailable or not clicking the approval in time

Mike H. likes this.
  23. hutlock

I had a couple ship for sure, but I have also had some cancelled. Coin flip at best I would say.

GentleSenator and Mike H. like this.
  24. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I ordered 3 lps about 10 days ago. 1 shipped immediately and the other 2 are now on the way. The one I got was Prince - Purple Rain, which I had not previously owned. The version I got is fantastic - purple splatter vinyl, inner sleeve and original poster reproduction done with high quality - and a great sounding cut by Kevin Gray. :cheers:
    P.S. And they shipped the 1 lp in a giant box. :laugh:

25. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

About 90% of my accepted delay orders have shipped in the past. Sadly I ordered the Staple Singers box set this time and got and email about accepting delays. When I went to the site there was no accept delay button so I thought it was a glitch. Got cancelled a day later.

GentleSenator likes this.