Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. That doesn’t sound right. I think you would need a receipt to return in which case you would get a refund for ~ 67% of the value of the item.

Unless you are returning without receipt for store credit? Still, Target will be able to see your order information just from your CC# or possibly your circle account.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Unless you used another method to pay? Dunno

3. Yeah, IME, every return from the buy 2, get 1 sale resulted in a refund for the amount less the discount received.

Either way, trying to finagle a full price return on something I got a 33% discount is crossing the line of being unethical, IMO.

Kyhl, Shawn, jim249 and 4 others like this.
  4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yup

5. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

It doesn't sound right, but it's what happened to them. They were surprised.

6. The Q2 Continuum

The Q2 Continuum Forum Resident

…. Thanks you all for your replies. I ended up bringing 1 box to a brick and mortar with the email purchase receipt ($414.99 value) and a return barcodes receipt on my phone. Scanning had the cash refund to be 1/3 of the total purchase price of the sale. The store could not submit a request for replacement(s) because it was purchased on line, so I will do it that way and hope replacement sets are in better shape.

There remains the option to return one or both broken boxes and keep the 1 good set for (a sale price of) 1/3 of the original list. Pondering.

hutlock likes this.
  7. The Q2 Continuum

How about ‘thank all of you who replied’ instead of ‘thanks you all’. Sheesh. Never should have left school at age 9 to work on the farm. Still never learned where to find the cow eggs or how to milk the chickens. College is a MUST.

throwupmyhands and hutlock like this.
  8. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Did anybody else pre-order The Cure's Wish during this sale? I did and it is still showing in my list of orders with an estimated date of Mon, Jan 30 2023 - Thu, Feb 2 2023, but if you look up the album it is no longer listed on their site. Wondering if I should be concerned about this actually shipping or not.

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I wouldn’t worry. It likely just has sold out of their allocated pre-orders.

imail724 likes this.
  10. sailingsinkingships

sailingsinkingships Forum Resident

Did anyone who got the Stones mono box from Target receive a box that wasn’t smashed?

11. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

yep, mine is perfect.

sailingsinkingships likes this.
  12. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Yep.

13. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Same. Box was fine. Two seam splits on albums but may or may not have been a shipping issue. And more start of a split (gloss rubbed off, white paper showing through) than actual split.

14. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Yes, mine was perfect.

sailingsinkingships likes this.
  15. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

My replacement just arrived, and the corners barely survived on this one as well. Looks like that’s definitely the weak spot on these boxes. Too much weight to survive being tossed around by UPS.

16. sailingsinkingships

sailingsinkingships Forum Resident

I have one corner completely smashed on the back lower left. So far the albums have played great. I hate the hassle but I feel like I am going to order another one and see if it comes without so much damage. Will Target return an opened copy for a refund? I would probably just keep the records from this set since they seem to be perfect.

17. Jesse O Taylor

Oh absolutely. Good luck!

18. imail724

imail724 Forum Resident

Hope you're right, but now it's showing as backordered on my order page :shake:

19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, that happens too. Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

20. The Q2 Continuum

With the noted number of boxes being returned or exchanged because of damage, and the limited number of pressings, I would not be surprised if ‘back ordered’ remained as an indefinite option.

That begs the eternal question - “Is it nobler in the mind to attempt to repair the seam splits of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of truckers and by opposing them to return, reship, or to sleep, and to end the heartache? Must give us pause.”
    - William Shipsspheres

21. Jesse O Taylor

Welp, I take this post back. It actually didn't survive. I opened it up, and one of the corners is obviously split.

What a shame. Returning this one as well - but because I've already received one replacement, I'm not eligible for another. Target is going to be eating a lot of money on these things.

22. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Corner splits on the box or the records themselves?

23. Jesse O Taylor

The corner of the box.
    The box is shaped like a hardcover book, with a compartment that holds the records where the "pages" would be. Since the styrofoam packaging only supports the "book cover," the corners of the "pages" get blown out by the weight of the records inside.

Neither one I received was substantially damaged, but when I spend a few hundred dollars on something, I'm going to be a little picky.

hutlock likes this.
  24. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

same situation with my "wish" order, if I get a shipping notification I'll check back in here...

25. CoachD

CoachD Forum Resident

Sort of random, but my Gift Registry where I keep track of my Target Wish List has disappeared sometime in the last month. I think this has happened once before as well. I kept a lot of "Out of Stock" items on it just in case they were restocked someday.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It's not a real big deal, but sort of annoying.