Target buy one get one free movies today only, 10/8 -- allegedly

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Oct 8, 2022.

1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

I received a notification from Target that there was a buy one get one free sale for books and movies, with no indication there was a code needed or that I had to add the offer to my account.

I clicked the link and it just went to a general (long) list of books and movies. I filtered to movies and don't see any indication of this sale. Out of curiosity, I added two items to my cart and went to check out and there was no discount applied other than my 5% red card discount.

Did anyone else receive this notification? I see some chatter online about it, but other people have indicated that the promotion is actually buy one get one at 50% off. Problem is that I didn't see that discount, either.

2. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's a 3 day sale ending today but a very limited selection sadly.. Pretty much no boutique movie releases so most of the "deals" will likely be beat soon if you aren't in a huge hurry.

To make it a bit better though Circle members are either getting 10-15% off an order or $10 off $60 that also expires today.

To verify a movie is part of the sale it will say "Buy 1 get 1 50% off books and movies" underneath the add to cart button and while in your cart there will be a "1 offer available" tag next to it.
    Like this.. Reservoir Dogs (4k/uhd + Blu-ray + Digital) : Target

A lot of other people were upset about the trickery in there email wordage but it has always been B1G50% off as that's what was in there actual ad.

lv70smusic likes this.
  3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Yeah, BOGO 50% off is there. Which sort of comes to 25% off.