Target Exclusive LP clearance

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Aug 21, 2020.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I can report I have seen all of these at Clearance prices. Picked up the Motown.

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. popscene

popscene Senior Member

All of the above have been recently spotted in the San Diego area. I bought the Norah and Kacey LPs each for $5 and change...I'm going to wait until Christmas to listen to them though!

hutlock likes this.
  3. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

The Targets in my neck of the woods had most of these on sale in late January.

4. GungaLagunga

GungaLagunga c̶r̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ lunch time

Has anybody listened to the Target exclusive for Exodus? Is it any good? People commented on the price, but wasn’t able to find sq deets here or discogs.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

with the t-shirt? if so, it's just one of two current releases repackaged for target. the one i got was the half speed master. sounds ok to me. folks on discogs say it sounds good too, but none of them really share equipment details or anything.

GungaLagunga likes this.
  6. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

FWIW, I finally found myself inside a Target outside of my local area that stocked quite a few vinyl titles, including many of the ones mentioned here as heavily discounted.

I took my stack to the price scanner and found out that none of the LP's were discounted. Prices for most was $24.99 - $34.99.

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i wonder why target is clearing out their vinyl??????????????????????

:shh:

8. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

They do this from time to time and they’ve been doing it for a while. Some time after the Beatles stereo
    LPs were released, they had them on sale to make room for newer releases. I was lucky to get them for over half off.
    Yet, they still carry some of those titles for full price. Inventory control.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yes, this recent vinyl purge ended some weeks back unfortunately.

10. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Are we sure it was a purge? There were a few dozen titles on sale for about half off for a defined period of time AND a shorter list of titles that went into the clearance bin. The latter were surely being purged and Target does that from time to time with stuff that clearly was pressed in too big of numbers but the other titles still seem to be generally in stock.

11. HereIsNow

HereIsNow Forum Resident

I came across an Ebay seller named Bullseye Deals selling a lot of clearance Target CDs and LPs, I think a lot of it has been picked over already but there was some pretty good deals for recent LPs from Madonna, Lizzo, RHCP, ABBA and so on. Most of them were priced less than $13 and then had a buy one get one 50% off, free shipping. I took a chance and ordered a couple of Christmas Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Neil Diamond LPs (a little early Christmas buying), worked out to about $10 each once taxes were in there, we'll see if it was worth it...
    | eBay

samwisefan, MekkaGodzilla and JasonA like this.
  12. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

Extreme caution with Bullseye Deals. I think this is the same entity as Secondipity. I bought one LP from them and was very disapointed. They ship in the same plastic envelope mailers without any protection. The record arrived horrible condition with all corners bent. When I contacted them through eBay, they offered the same options as Secondipity: $4 discount or return the record.
    I will not be buying from this eBay seller again.

HereIsNow, Gregalor, Pigalle and 4 others like this.
  13. HereIsNow

HereIsNow Forum Resident

Yeah, unfortunately liquifury was right on the money here. I had ordered a couple more LPs before I saw that warning post and all four showed up with corners dented and curled. One even had a white sticker across the front that went through the cellophane and stuck straight to the album itself; when I carefully peeled the sticker off it left a stain and a lot of residue. I emailed Bullseye Deals about the issues and got a typical response about signing into my eBay account and to initiate a return. I decided in the end to keep the albums as despite the damaged covers the records themselves look fine and not warped. Interestingly in the interim I had received a different email from them offering me an extra 20% off a Madonna LP I was watching; would've brought the price down to $9.59 and free shipping. Chances are it would've showed up all dented like the other ones; I think they're just really desperate to get rid of these albums. The price was certainly good on these but they should have been more upfront about the condition in the eBay listing. So I won't be ordering from that seller anymore either...

liquifury likes this.