Target Vinyl Blowout

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jrr, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I got let it be, sign of the times and petty greatest hits.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Doubtful, if they are Clearance items.

3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Brickseek provides a clue (just a clue, the site is not very accurate) of where, say, the Jimi Hendrix Winterland Vinyl might be available.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

Here in Los Angeles, the only possibility coming up is in Downtown Los Angeles. Can't guarantee the price; can't guarantee the availability; it's just a tool that might be useful.

[​IMG] \

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting to get back into the States so I can hit up my local Target and see if anything is left.

5. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

So looks like the online sale is pretty much over, went to recommend the green A Love Supreme to a friend and see its back to normal price. A shame, maybe some copies still out at stores but none in my area that I can find. I was so impressed with that record though I just had to share.

Got the Wally World blue copy through third party and cut wavs of both it and the Target one so I can compare what they look like and will report back here. I could give my impressions of the sound (I think the Target one is heads above the other in every way) but I do not have my system listed in my profile so think I will restrain myself to just evaluating what the machines tell me.

Meanwhile though, any feedback on this Stevie Wonder "1s" red vinyl set? Even though its not on sale, I still could use it to fill holes...and it looks like it has at least one good side of tracks I love without the surrounding tracks I didn't so much love.

Stevie Wonder - Number 1's (target Exclusive, 2lp) (vinyl) : Target

Any experience with this release? Pressing quality, sound quality, dynamic range, editing of tracks etc?

All responses appreciated.

jb

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Great to hear the Love supreme is great ! I know a few of my stores still have them but they don't show as in stock in the stores . a lot of these lps don't show up as being at the store but are there .

I don't have the stevie but i did buy the Diana Ross number 1's 1st one had to go back as it was warped , 2nd one was nice & flat & plays well & i'm very happy for the $10 i paid , it sounds really good . Not audiophile by any means but it's still a really enjoyable listen

some stevie reviews are here , pretty mixed

Stevie Wonder – Number 1's (2020, Translucent Red, Vinyl) - Discogs

jb welda likes this.
  7. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

thanks for the link on reviews, I dont know why I dont check Discogs automatically for reviews.

Sounds kinda sketchy actually, if I could get it half price I would jump on it but as it is think I will hold off and in the meantime (when it cools off around here) think I will visit a Tar-ghet or two in person soon and see what they got in the racks.

jb

Davidmk5 likes this.
  8. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

After the holidays earlier this year, the local Target had the Stevie Number 1's for about $8.

hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  9. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Do all Targets tend to have the same restock day? The titles at my location were the same as last week. Of course someone snagged all the Beatles. I was hoping they'd get a new load in by now.

10. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Just got Raise the Roof, Robert Plant and Allison Krause, for $8.39.

Start the car!

SJP and JasonA like this.
  11. Dan

Dan Senior Member

My Target had about 30 copies (maybe more) of the new Sting, some Demi Lovato and Leon Bridges on clearance. That was about it.

Davidmk5 and JasonA like this.
  12. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Listed as 2 copies at my local Target, but unfortunately not really there when I checked again tonight. Did pick up White Stripes - Greatest Hits ($15) and Marvin Gaye - What's Goin' On ($12.50) , but the Marvin will be returned because the bonus poster wasn't actually inside.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

And in case you're wondering what that big unmarked black box is mixed in with the other LPs , it's Kanye West - Donda (don't know if it's discounted).

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. Bahloo2000

Bahloo2000 Well-Known Member

Today found two Eminem for $8.49. 3 Scorpions for $6.89. And two 2Pac, 4 U2, and 2 NIN for 1/2.

15. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

I just got one, the green vinyl one, and I found my poster inside the non-record half of the gatefold. Wouldn't have even seen it, wasn't looking for it, but it just kind of fell open and there was something in there, the poster. Might check that out if you haven't already, it might be hiding in there.

jb

Davidmk5 likes this.
  16. The Marvin may also have Kanye or something else not Marvin on side B (no schiit). Mine did come w/o the poster, and side B is actually Kanye.

17. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The clerk at my store in SoCal told me new vinyl is put out on Fridays.

Fred Dender and cwitt1980 like this.
  18. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I haven't seen any Eminem whatsoever at my Target (even before). Be cool if they got some of those in at that price.

19. The Elephant Man

My local Target had a sale tag mentioning ‘Buy 2 Beatles items and get a $10 Target gift card.’

20. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Mine did too but there's no Beatles to be seen.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  21. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Some Targets sell vinyl on end camps as a normal business practice without any clearance sales going on. You just have to look sometimes.

I’ve noticed both Walmart and Target overstock vinyl while Barnes and Noble will only have one or two LPs of the same title. When I buy a King Crimson LP at BN if it is the only one in the stacks a replacement will show up in about a week.
    Both approaches can be annoying.

Fred Dender likes this.
  22. The Elephant Man

Same.

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It was full price at my Target when I scanner checked it last week (primarily to figure out what the hell it was!)

superstar19 likes this.
  24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Ringo and Paul both have enough money now, so they're not shopping at Target much anymore.

25. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

People are flipping the stuff (and from Walmart). It's funny to see them buying up some of the sale/reduced and trying to sell at a higher cost.