Target Vinyl Blowout

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jrr, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

an even bigger problem (at least in most of my local stores) is even regular priced vinyl is rarely priced by tag OR slot on the shel unless it's a new release then it may have a sign , but GREAT point .

hutlock likes this.
  2. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member

3. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

In general I'm not a fan of how Target or Walmart present their vinyl, but it just goes with the territory.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. Rmbottojr

Rmbottojr Forum Resident

I’m even less of a fan of how Target packs their vinyl. I should’ve taken a picture of my last shipment that was inexplicably not damaged.

cwitt1980 and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I know this is sacrilege here, but vinyl albums are about as consequential to walmart/target as light bulbs or anti-freeze or laundry detergent. It’s just one of 100,000 sku’s.

6. jb welda

jb welda yellow eyed dog

Agreed, I got two shipments and although the second (of one LP) was packed decently, the first, of 2 LPs, were just kind of thrown into an oversize box with a couple of those air pillows tossed in, and was all crushed on arrival. Incredibly, everything was ok, covers not even bent and the records played flat and quiet. Somehow.

jb

Davidmk5 likes this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

At least Wal-Mart bothers to alphabetize theirs. Target is a hot jumbled mess no matter what. Such a pain.

The Elephant Man and JorgeGvb like this.
  8. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

I think this is probably store specific.

marcb and JasonA like this.
  9. hutlock

Sorry—do you mean that some Targets alphabetize or that some Wal-Marts do not? I’ve not been to any of either outside of my area really.

10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not in any Walmart I've ever been in. And I've been in quite a few.

11. hutlock

Interesting. In my nearest Wal-Mart, the vinyl is in what seems to be a converted magazine rack and is most definitely alphabetized with those plastic letter tabs and everything. I didn’t realize it was a rare situation! I don’t ever shop there for the most part.

marcb likes this.
  12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

If anything the Target's around me a better organized than the Walmart's. At least the Target's sort of have the same album kept together. The Walmarts - in my area and elsewhere I've seen - are totally random and often packed in too tight. I think some have a plastic tab for "Walmart exclusives", but they're meaningless in practice.

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

All of my area Targets have the “new vinyl” on an endcap, and those are batched together. Once a title is cycled back to the main vinyl section though, it is a complete free-for-all and nearly impossible to find a specific title.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s sort of like that at the 4 or 5 Targets I generally frequent. I’m not saying it’s really organized at Target, but it’s not a complete free for all either. If, for example, they have several copies of Sign Of The Times, they’re often lumped together and near the price tag for that album. But not always and not in any particular order that I can ascertain.

hutlock likes this.
  15. davers

davers Forum Resident

Each Walmart I've been to matches your description for vinyl setup, however the records are rarely filed under the correct letter tab.

Target lacks the alphabet tabs but the vinul shelves are much more spacious.

No real complaints though; I've snagged a lot of fun color varient reissues!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

When they first started the blowout, I bought maybe a dozen titles. Seriously, it was five different shipments. All were in oversize boxes where they were just flopping around during the hottest week this country has had in a long time.

Fred Dender likes this.
  17. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I'm guessing any secret price drops are not happening anymore. I went to my local yesterday and checked quite a few titles (some that were on blowout last month) and they all came up as regular price.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  18. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

That’s what they want us to think!

hutlock likes this.
  19. hutlock

Same here. There was some LPs separated from the rest in the Clearance endcap with the yellow tags but no more “secret” blowout prices that I could find. Oh well.