Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Taschen 2021 - January 28–31- Display Copy Sale 25%-75% Off

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by stereoptic, Jan 28, 2021.

1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I was looking at this sale. I am a bit concerned about what display copy means. Display copies can be pretty beat up then the price is not so good.

stereoptic likes this.
  3. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

I’ve ordered many big expensive books from these Taschen sales over the last few years and I’ve never gotten anything less than impeccable condition.

stereoptic likes this.
  4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks good to know.

stereoptic likes this.
  5. stereoptic

The 3 books that I ordered looked brand new to me. The hardcovers were wrapped, had the paper covers and 'cracked' when opened. :thumbsup:

6. Expresbro

Expresbro Well-Known Member

I picked up the two Linda McCartney photography books and they are perfect. Beautiful books actually. Thanks for the tip off

stereoptic likes this.
  7. Son of Dork

Son of Dork Well-Known Member

I ended up getting the 'Atlas of Human Anatomy' book and it's impressive (and arrived in perfect condition shrink-wrapped). I get the impression that when they say "Display" books they are referring to the size and quality of the books (not that they were display/floor copies in a store that were handled by the public). From what I gather, these are books that (on top of reading), you can also leave them out on tables etc to show them off (the Taschen site also sells stands for them). Either way, after seeing the quality of the book I ordered, I wish I ordered a few more (some of those Frank Lloyd Wright books looked nice). Thanks again to the OP for the heads-up - I'll be checking back on that site regularly for more sales.

Expresbro and stereoptic like this.
  8. stereoptic

I ordered the stand, but I haven't set it up yet. It should make it a bit easier to read the Little Nemo oversized collection.
    I could kick myself that I didn't wait (a month or so) for that Krazy Kat collection for $75, marked down from $200. I had just bought it for $150, third party, incorrectly guessing that it wouldn't be included in the upcoming sale.

I think that Taschen runs a similar sale in July. Heh, the free catalog is a quality piece itself!

hutlock and Son of Dork like this.
  9. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

A lot of their books could actually be used as tables. I’m actually about to move a bunch of them to my storage until because the coffee table really needs a break from them.

Son of Dork likes this.
  10. floyd

floyd Senior Member

The Frank Lloyd Wright book is very nice a great collection of photos and drawings covering his whole career. I have most FLLW books ever published and the big one Taschen has right now is very good.

Son of Dork likes this.