Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour 2023

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indigovic, Nov 3, 2022.

1. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version) Thread Starter

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  2. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

My 19 year-old daughter is as excited about this as I am about the forthcoming Bob Dylan "Time Out of Mind" Bootleg Series set. Both of them are likely to be epic!

3. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I'm signed up and aiming for closing night at SoFi.

I333I likes this.
  4. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

My daughter is planning her summer around the Seattle show in July.

JeffMo and fretter like this.
  5. indigovic

I’ve seen a lot of concerts. My first concert was in 1985; by 1994, I’d lost count of the number of shows I’d seen, somewhere in the mid-200s then. I’ve seen everything from house concerts and coffeehouse gigs to stadium shows; from blues, jazz, and punk clubs to Broadway theaters; from high school gymnasiums to symphony halls. So when it comes to live music, I have a very broad basis for comparison.

I’ve seen Taylor Swift on every one of her national headlining tours, and I can tell you that she always, always puts on a great show. She approaches every tour differently, and always manages to surprise. They’re big shows, with a lot of performance elements, but musicianship and a focus on the songs remains at the core. If you haven’t seen her before, I’m confident you won’t be disappointed.

6. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Are you ready for it?

7. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Thanks for starting this thread.

I’ve started reading Midnights reviews after I’ve allowed some time for the record to sink in and I gotta say I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s takes on the record in the Midnights album thread (good and bad) more than any review I’ve read this far.

Taylor Swift's 10th album "Midnights" coming 10/21/22

Nice to have a separate tour thread so the Midnights album thread can continue to do its thing.

just got an email that mentions if you ordered from the Taylor Swift store you get a ‘boost’ from the verified fan! Exciting! Does this just mean you have a better chance of being verified or???

indigovic likes this.
  8. indigovic

Hmm. Last time she did this, for Reputation, there were a number of things that would give you boosts in the verified fan rating: social media engagement, YouTube video views, and preordering her album from her site would all improve your odds of getting tickets. First I’ve heard of that for this tour, though.

warewolf95 and FJFP like this.
  9. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I don't know if it has already been announced in terms of pricing, but I really hope Ticketmaster does not employ the same "dynamic pricing" scam that they did with Springsteen for example.

A lot of Taylor's fans are on the younger side I wish for the fans to be able to see this tour without feeling like they just put a down payment on a car

caravan70, Crack To The Egg and FJFP like this.
  10. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

Prices for "regular" tickets range from $50-$450, before fees. And the packages go up to about $1k ea. Will they dynamic them even higher? We shall see. They're already pretty high to start with.

I don't think there will be many $50 seats available. Perhaps just a small handful for each show, just to try to make it look good. That way they can say "well, we did offer affordable tickets too!", to combat the inevitable negative publicity after the onsale turns into a huge clusterf***.

warewolf95 and HotelYorba101 like this.
  11. in_the_fog

in_the_fog Forum Resident

(Sometimes it feels like the whole concerts/tour bubble is about to burst. And that serious rethinking is needed among the different actors.
    Too many people are simply getting priced out.)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Timjosephuk and Twinge Crispy like this.
  12. in_the_fog

“Can’t wait to play a show with the legend herself.”

- Hayley Williams
    -

theMess likes this.
  13. in_the_fog

14. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Does anyone have a link to pricing. I’ve seen it referenced in articles but no official breakdowns anywhere. What does a VIP package include?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  15. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Any predictions on what the last song will be?

Looking at her past tours as a headliner, looks like she went with Should've Said No (Fearless tour), Love Story (Speak Now tour), We Are Never Getting Back Together (Red tour), Shake It Off (1989 tour) and This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (Reputation tour), so she obviously likes ending her shows with something super popular and/or fun and upbeat. I could see her going with Shake It Off again as the final song. I am not sure I see anything from the new album as being an obvious set closer.

theMess and Br3tto like this.
  16. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I wish there were more cities added instead of more dates for already selected cities. Last tour she played Cleveland, Columbus, Indy, and Louisville. Skipping all of those(and St Louis) for just Cincinnati this time. My closest city. But there's going to be demand for this show from all of those skipped cities! I'm still going to try for Nashville first (with Phoebe). But I'm not sure about both of those dates. For those of you that have seen her before is it worth seeing her 2 nights in a row? Or will it be essentially the same. At least Nashville and Cincy are 2 months apart.

17. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Bejeweled. Mirror balls and Mylar confetti everywhere to close out.

theMess likes this.
  18. in_the_fog

The poster feels vey much DIY alternative/rock/pop, photocopy stuff. For those of you into design, where do you place a poster like that in time?

johnnyb1964 likes this.
  19. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I see you’ve posted this question in a couple of different threads.

Is this the poster design you’re talking about?:

[​IMG]

It does have the feel of a 1980s retrospective show by one of the era’s more established, older generation acts. Which isn’t a million miles away from what we know of the concept behind the upcoming Swiz tour.

It reminds me of this Rod Stewart poster from 1984:

[​IMG]

20. in_the_fog

Yeah, I posted in the wrong thread (deleted now), so sorry for any inconvenience.

I see what you are getting at (need to contemplate further)

stepeanut likes this.
  21. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

Crossing my fingers with the verified fan process to not have to pay through the nose or have an incredible struggle to simply snag a couple tickets somewhere in the building for my daughter. But in reality expecting a crazy overpriced clusterf***.

22. indigovic

It’s a bit Andy Warhol:
    [​IMG]

in_the_fog likes this.
  23. in_the_fog

I guess many are expecting her to put on something really extravagant, Reputation style. But who knows, maybe she will do more of a straight rock concert. Either would work for me. Even if she did it chronologically, an opening like Our Song, Picture To Burn and Should’ve Said No would make the crowd move proper.
    She has tunes, that’s for sure
    (try make a 20 track compilation only choosing two tracks from each album. Impossible.)

24. johnnyb1964

johnnyb1964 Treats please!

Each of the portraits on the poster looks like it could be from a 70s album by Linda Ronstadt or Carley Simon. Her hair in the central pic looks very 70s also. Very consistent theme with all of the visuals in this project.

theMess and in_the_fog like this.
  25. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

I’m signed up for the verified fan list for all 3 Philly dates. I got an email from her store saying I’m on a “preferred list” because I’ve ordered from her webstore. My guess is they cross-checked emails to see who signed up that’s also ordered from her store to try and figure out who’s a person and not a bot. I’m hoping that having Taylor shows in my Ticketmaster history also helps me get a verified fan code. We’ll see.