Taylor Swift to start releasing new versions of her first six albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Feb 11, 2021.

1. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

The acoustic SNL version is quite nice for sure, but I love that little keyboard motif that runs throughout the studio version, and I miss it in the acoustic version. I could see her doing that version as an alternate track, kind of like how she gave us an acoustic version of State of Grace as a bonus on Red TV.

ghoulsurgery likes this.
  2. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

Yea, that’s what I’d like, if it’s an alternate version. I wouldn’t want her to replace the main album version. But the acoustic arrangement sounds so nice

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  3. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Just like how Red (Taylor's Version) was bolstered by the long version of All Too Well, new, more organic arrangements for reputation songs could really make the TV version pop off. Get Aaron Dessner on the job.

4. George Co-Stanza

Yes! An acoustic version of King of My Heart is badly needed. The studio version is too drenched in effects (that stupid vocoder is overused).

ghoulsurgery likes this.
  5. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

And then there is the Spotify sessions version of Delicate.

Meanwhile, other songs like This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and I Did Something Bad thrive thanks to the effects and arrangements.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    George Co-Stanza likes this.
  6. George Co-Stanza

Yep, I have seen that clip of King of My Heart. Such a nice gesture.

But I agree that certain songs from Reputation definitely benefit from the production and effects, the ones you mentioned included.