Taylor Swift to start releasing new versions of her first six albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Feb 11, 2021.

1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

And then there is the Spotify sessions version of Delicate.

Meanwhile, other songs like This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and I Did Something Bad thrive thanks to the effects and arrangements.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    theMess and George Co-Stanza like this.
  2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yep, I have seen that clip of King of My Heart. Such a nice gesture.

But I agree that certain songs from Reputation definitely benefit from the production and effects, the ones you mentioned included.

yesstiles and theMess like this.
  3. in_the_fog

in_the_fog Forum Resident

Very nice behind the scenes footage of Taylor directing. (I also saw a nice interview with her editor, but the show itself was a bit messy, so I can’t bother post it. But he basically said she leaves very little to chance and that her scripts are extremely detailed, as others have confirmed)

theMess likes this.
  4. in_the_fog

theMess likes this.
  5. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

6. in_the_fog

Nope. Just that she wrote it.

Searchlight Pictures is her partner in crime on this project.

Doesn’t Rolling Stone offer you free articles?

(I just do it the classic way when running out of articles)

theMess likes this.
  7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thanks for posting ! I'm very excited to hear that she is going the whole way with her own project like this and am already excited for the potential sound track possibilities!

in_the_fog likes this.
  8. in_the_fog

Yes. we could see it coming, but extremely exciting never the less. She is one of a kind, that’s for sure.

The soundtrack (or maybe she will indulge in her favourites by other artists), the narrative… Can she resists a good murder story?

theMess likes this.
  9. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

A Southern 'Nobody No Crime' style murder thriller would be amazing ! I'm sure whatever it is that she has written will be worthwhile, I just can't see her committing to something like this and it not being of high quality. It will be interesting to see if it is autobiographical in any way.

ghoulsurgery and in_the_fog like this.
  10. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

ghoulsurgery and theMess like this.
  11. in_the_fog

I would love that.

I remember an old interview with her when she was 16 where she said CSI was her favourite tv show and joked about forensic investigator being an alternative career path if the music didn’t work out. And of course she later starred in an episode

theMess likes this.
  12. in_the_fog

That’s not gonna happen. She an auteur at heart and take the art of film making way too seriously.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  13. in_the_fog

14. revolution_vanderbilt

It'll be interesting to see if any of the remaining Taylor's Version albums will produce iconic moments on the level of All Too Well. Maybe there is a vault song that will end up being a huge hit.

ghoulsurgery and in_the_fog like this.
  15. in_the_fog

It will be hard to top. But Speak Now might be pure gold. I have a feeling she really want it out now.
    And both Reputation and 1989 might have something great as well, one, or two minor bangers at least. And the debut will of course be very interesting, to hear those early rejected songs

16. revolution_vanderbilt

I just realized there is a strong possibility of her including I'd Lie. That song could have been as big as any single from the debut.

lpfreak1170 likes this.
  17. in_the_fog

I think the bonus track Invisible could have substituted a song on the original 11 track version as well

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  18. revolution_vanderbilt

She's certainly never been at a loss for material.

in_the_fog likes this.
  19. in_the_fog

In one sense,

1989 and Reputation make up a complete rock opera.

20. in_the_fog

21. in_the_fog

A quite interesting early interview promoting her debut which I hadn’t seen before.

I really recommend it since it gives quite a few insights into her approach to marketing early on in her career and the creative processes behind some of the songs, from sounds to lyrical content.

It is also extra interesting in the light of her recent successes. And yes, her view on giving and taking advice seems to have remained intact from back then.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  22. revolution_vanderbilt

For as much as she's grown and evolved over the past decade and a half, she is still undeniably the same person she always has been.

I was listening to another old interview and it was interesting how her grandmother, Marjorie, came up, long before Taylor would write such a beautiful song about her.

23. in_the_fog

Yep

I loved the Johnny Cash story (I should have recognised the location, but it never struck me), and the threefold explanation about the name Johnny on the letter.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  24. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yeah, in many ways she is still the same teenager who just loved writing music and singing songs.

ghoulsurgery likes this.
  25. in_the_fog

This is up to this day the best musician and producer she has ever worked with. They both started extremely early in the business. His last contribution to date is This Love on 1989, but those preceding years from around 2004 up until and including Red is pure brilliance.

"A lot of times producers tend to take what a songwriter wrote and make it different because they think it needs to be different. Some producers are like, 'Here's the song and here's the production.' With me, it's just 'Here's the song.' I wanted the production to disappear into her vision of what the song should be.”

Nathan Chapman