Tears For Fears Live At Massey Hall To Be Released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andrewb, Apr 10, 2021.

1. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Yes, at least that's what Steve Hammonds told me.

PATB and Jagger69 like this.
  2. DAVE1971

DAVE1971 Well-Known Member

Scoutbb, here are the timings you wanted
    #1 6.5 seconds
    #2 3.6 seconds
    #3 63.6 seconds

Hope that helps

3. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Thank you so much!!

4. DAVE1971

DAVE1971 Well-Known Member

:righton:

5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

In theory, great idea. In practice, the cameras were all over the place with the requisite MTV effects. The sound is decent on the DVD, and an upgrade wouldn't hurt by any stretch.

Peter Gabriel recalibrated for a lot less of this sort of thing on the POV to Live in Athens conversion.

JeffMo, JulesRules and morgan1098 like this.
  6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

True, and I was speaking of VQ as opposed to the direction/editing.

The latest Prince blu ray (Coming 2 America) gives you more of the feel of being in LA Forum with less of that MTV ****.

JulesRules and D-rock like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Found this on vinyl a couple weeks ago at one of my locals. I didn't dare leave it behind. Just broke it open this evening and all I can say is...wow! This is what vinyl is meant to sound like. What a terrific pressing! Considering I saw TFF on this tour, this of course is an artifact I am glad to have.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

One of my favorite releases of 2021.

ARK, Jagger69, JulesRules and 3 others like this.
  9. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Very much a highlight for me, that is sure. And there are a few this year.

JulesRules, SJP and JeffMo like this.
  10. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The "general release" has already happened as far as I can tell, just without any announcements or fanfare. I noted earlier that I saw a copy in Amoeba Hollywood at the end of July. And numerous sellers on amazon have the CD, including as a Prime title direct from amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Live-At-Ma...dd10d&pd_rd_wg=j2NOA&pd_rd_i=B098RG5H5Z&psc=1

And in another discussion here at SHF, someone noted that it's available here for only $13.99. We've already hit bargain basement prices for this title!
    Tears for Fears Live At Massey Hall [Limited] [Import] on Blowitoutahere.com

11. JulesRules

Good points, but I'd expect a general release to go hand in hand with an official download and the album added to streaming sites. So far, we have neither.

ARK and Jagger69 like this.
  12. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

In my experience streaming/download releases don't often get big promotional treatment either, especially when they happen after the physical product has already been in circulation. I would imagine this release will just pop up in Apple Music someday and people will stumble across it.

13. hEARt PhoniX

And it is not available via JPC.
    All this is very strange.

14. Jagger69

Jagger69 Forum Resident

As far as I know JPC doesn't sell any RSD releases. You have to wait until the general release of this album. I hope that they will release this album this autumn.

15. hEARt PhoniX

D-rock likes this.
  16. Jagger69

Jagger69 Forum Resident

Congratulations that you have this one. It must have been very shortly on their website, because I have looked for this one and I didn't find it :cry: And I assumed that they didn't sell any RSD items.

17. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

And the big one, where are the Massey Hall themed t-shirts on the official website? :). I'm only semi-kidding, I got a nice sunflower one around the time of the Seeds box set. If they offer up something with the cool maple leaf design, I'm in!

JulesRules and jamesc like this.
  18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I hope you find one that is reasonably priced. The SQ and performance are both top notch and this deserves a wider release.

ARK and Jagger69 like this.
  19. JulesRules

By the way, it's Roland's 60th birthday today :)

20. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

I ordered from this Danish site a while back and it arrived in the US quickly and in perfect shape: Tears For Fears · Live At Massey Hall (CD) [Reissue edition] (2021)

21. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Does anyone me know if this will get a vinyl repress? I didn’t pick it up because it was an RSD first release with the assumption that it would be released on vinyl again...but that may have been a bad assumption.

22. I live in Washington DC, and their website doesn’t let me enter “DC” of “District of Columbia” for my ‘State’ — and their webpage requires me to select one of the (other) 50 states (none of which I live in).

23. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

DOH! Maybe try this place? Tears for Fears Live At Massey Hall [Limited] [Import] on Blowitoutahere.com

I haven't ordered from them but I think they're US based.

fluxkit likes this.
  24. Andrewb

Andrewb Claiming squatter's rights Thread Starter

I believe it was stated earlier in this thread that the vinyl was intended as a RSD only release whereas the CD would be getting a wider general release later (September was mentioned).

25. Jagger69

Jagger69 Forum Resident