Tears For Fears Live At Massey Hall To Be Released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andrewb, Apr 10, 2021.

1. soctheo

soctheo Well-Known Member

yes it comes with a download code from the sounds of vinyl website. I bought my copy in Toronto so I’m assuming all stores at least in Ontario received the same version.

I played the album last night and it sounds beautiful. Was not expecting a digital copy so that was a nice bonus and it’s on my iPhone too.

My only complaint is the vinyl has surface scratches from the inappropriate inner sleeve used. A common problem with new vinyl which really bugs me - paper sleeves should be banned. Plays beautifully but this is starting to bug me particularly since the vinyl comes in B+ shape and it should always come flawless.

JulesRules likes this.
  2. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

My UK has a code too. Will try it out today.

3. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Update from Banquet Records this morning:

We can't be 100% sure we're able to fill your order, and wanted to let you know as soon as we were aware.

Stock is en route to us but hasn't yet arrived, and until it does we can't guarantee it. Delivery is expected in the next couple of days and you'll be sent updates as your order progresses

Oh well … see you in September … hopefully. :rolleyes:

4. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Just flipping through the packaging photos on discogs for the LP and it's interesting to see the "Tape Baked - December 2012" stamping in there. That timeline makes sense for work that was done for the 2014 SFTBC box set, but the Record Store Day preview video from superdeluxeedition says that only "Mother's Talk" came from the multi-tracks. Maybe they just ran out of time or funds when putting that box set together, but it does seem like they were available to use.

I'm enjoying reading others' thought on this, keep them coming! I don't have an vinyl setup so I'll have to wait for the general CD release. Any chance that this'll get a hi-res digital release on HDTracks or similar sites?

JulesRules and JeffMo like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Supposedly my CD is out for delivery today. I'll check back if and when it arrives.

6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Lucky - we didn't get DL code here in the US. :sigh:

Same thing happened a couple years ago with Elton's 11-17-70 release and Universal emailed me a code, so I'm going to at least ask!

CBackley likes this.
  7. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

there's so many email addresses, none of them seem to fit this general request. Which one will you be using?

8. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I posted about it on my own site ;)
    Live at Massey Hall (Record Store Day release!) | The Tears For Fears Connection

I also asked back to Steve two days ago if there will be any differences (e.g. in the packaging) and he said, I quote, "The RSD and regular one are exactly the same". So no need to feel bad if you don't manage to get a RSD CD ahead of the regular release date.
    I think Paul is not entirely correct there. Broken/HOH, Memories Fade and EWTRTW were vinyl rips (perhaps for historical reasons) (and of course "I Believe" has been remastered from the original tape a couple times now) but "The Working Hour" and "Shout" were definitely new mixes. It'll be interesting to compare how many, if any, differences there are between those and the ones from the new album.

2012 is a long time ago though! That was even before The Hurting was released as a box set.

jamesc, danielbravo, Jagger69 and 2 others like this.
  9. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

I received the same email. Oh well.

ronbow likes this.
  10. sharkshark

sharkshark ThatShelf

Heh, where did you snag yours? I was less lucky

11. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Is this on Spotify yet?

12. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Looking at setlist.fm for other Canadian setlists, and they are the same as Massey Hall. But like you said, setlist.fm is not always accurate. Prior to coming to Canada, then starting their US leg of the tour, the set list was similar to the new release. So, as far as I'm concerned, the running order on the new release is correct. Still disappointed that they didn't add Suffer The Children and Change. Paul from superdeluxeedition.com said the tapes were damaged for those 2 songs. But they played 4 nights!! Surely not all of the tapes were damaged!! Just take from another Massey Hall show! It can still be called Live From Massey Hall! Maybe JAuz has a point concerning production costs though.

JulesRules likes this.
  13. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

This is the RSD title I wanted the most, but my local store didn't get any so I got one online Saturday afternoon. Happy to say I received my shipping notice today, and can't wait to hear it!

JeffMo, JulesRules and morgan1098 like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Lo & Behold as I just got home from working nights .. the TFF live CD was delivered. Haven't opened it yet. Sealed. The real deal.

15. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Shipped from Greece on the 9th of June

JulesRules likes this.
  16. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Raving & Drooling

Didn't see this mentioned my apologies if I missed it, and hey maybe this is common knowledge, but figured I'd share a little trivia from someone who grew up in Toronto and followed TFF back in those days... the band filmed the Head Over Heels video between these gigs at Massey Hall... the video was filmed in Emmanuel College Library in Toronto. I remember loving that they did this... and Emmanuel College obvious still does, the attached tribute/parody video is only 6 years old :D

PS I will be grabbing this release for sure... great show, amazing memories, last time I saw them live was five years later for Seeds of Love at Maple Leaf Gardens with Debbie Harry opening.

jamesc, JAuz, Sammy Banderas and 3 others like this.
  17. JulesRules

Certainly "Change" exists in a version from Massey Hall, not sure about "Suffer the Children"...

Live at Massey Hall (Record Store Day release!) | The Tears For Fears Connection

That said, this is definitely not the performance of "Shout" that was released on the box set, so likely from a different night.

Jagger69, JeffMo and NunoBento like this.
  18. JulesRules

Jagger69 likes this.
  19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'm less bothered by absence of "Change" since that seems to show up regularly on other live releases. But "Suffer the Children" is played far less often (and perhaps never again after this tour?).

JulesRules likes this.
  20. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

Guys I forget, this is all taken from the same night correct? Which night? There were 4 I think

JulesRules likes this.
  21. Fletcher MH

Fletcher MH Forum Resident

They did play it on their last tour.

JulesRules and JeffMo like this.
  22. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Eternal Champion, Master of the Universe

Is the Will Gregory mentioned here the one who went on to be half of Goldfrapp ?

23. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

“Hiya,

Following on from our email yesterday, I'm very sorry to have to tell you that this stock has not materialised here.

Regrettably, this leaves us unable to fill your order. Your order will be cancelled and you'll be refunded in full. Refunds should be with you within 48 hours.

The remaining stock HAS been shipped somewhere (unfortunately we've no way of determining where) so you may be able to pick this up elsewhere.

Sincere apologies for the disappointment.

Ben”

And that’s that!

24. Thorpy

Thorpy Forum Resident

Yes that's correct! A very talented musician :)

ARK, JulesRules and Hawkmoon like this.
  25. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

FYI just got a shipping notice for my Massey CD from Banquet Records. Hope the rest of you get yours too.

Maurice, JulesRules and D-rock like this.