Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point- February 2022 release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Sep 28, 2020.

1. KngCrmsn22

KngCrmsn22 Forum Resident

Here's a link to an article on RollingStone.com

Tears for Fears Return for First Album in 17 Years

It says this about Stay - "The Tipping Point also features “Stay,” which was one of the two new songs the band recorded for the 2017 best-of compilation Rule the World. “It has been remixed to be more in line with the recording and flow of the album, the flow of the album being the reason it was chosen,” Smith says of the inclusion of “Stay.” “We do have an old school approach to albums in the sense that it needs to tell a story, as well as have a side one and side two. We felt ‘Stay’ had a similar effect as ‘Listen’ on Songs From The Big Chair, it was a long calm breath at the end of the album, the palate cleanser. Also the final lyrics being ‘Stay, don’t stay. Go, don’t go’ made it all the more poignant.”

mjb, ARK, D-rock and 10 others like this.
  2. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I might be in the minority, but I like "I Love You But I'm Lost". I also like "Floating Down The River".

Can't wait to see what might be included. A full show from that tour would be huge! I have all those CD singles from back in the day already, so I'd want something that unreleased.

They could have pulled a fast one and instead covered Maurice Williams' version of Stay (just a little bit longer...)"! Just an amusing thought.

JeffMo, JulesRules and Sammy Banderas like this.
  3. Giobacco

Giobacco Forum Resident

Me as well!

D-rock, Sammy Banderas and robsabres like this.
  4. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Love the new song, absolutely love it. And I love Roland's sage look and Curt's perpetually-young-but-slightly-more-wrinkled performances in that video clip. TFF baby!! I ordered the SDE version. Do it now because there are only 2,000 copies and no repressings! As others have noted, all 3 bonus tracks are included plus the booklet has been expanded from 24 to 32 pages. Woot!

5. Giobacco

Giobacco Forum Resident

I ordered the SDE CD: 3 bonus tracks plus a mammoth booklet rather than a 10 track colored vinyl. That's why I love CDs so much especially when they're well exploited!

6. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

I'm already starting to get nervous about the SDE deluxe CD. I received an email confirmation, but if you read the fine print it says, "This email just confirms that your payment was processed, not that your order was accepted. SDE will send you separate confirmation of your order." I hope I didn't miss out!!!

NunoBento likes this.
  7. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  8. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

I just read that. (Sigh) It's a nice-sounding record sonically. But for me, Curt's style of singing in his later years is sometimes like nails on a chalkboard for me. In parts of Stay, that's the problem. I loved Curt's vocals much more on earlier songs. If Roland had done background vocals on Stay, I might really enjoy it, but that's not the case.

NunoBento likes this.
  9. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I like the song. Ordered the SDE CD. Sounds a bit compressed though no? I wish people would lay off the limiter a bit more.

JulesRules likes this.
  10. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Love the song...wasn't sure what to expect after the couple of meh new songs on the compilation a few years ago, but this is very promising.

For those interested in what the CD is going to be like. :hide:

[​IMG]

krimson likes this.
  11. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

CBackley and fluxkit like this.
  12. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

I just checked my emails. I placed my order at 9:13 EST. I received SDE's order confirmation within a minute of receiving the payment confirmation. Hopefully, you will receive the order confirmation shortly.

JulesRules and Sammy Banderas like this.
  13. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Not as horrible as it could be. And certainly not unexpected. I guess we'll have to wait for a Steven Wilson remix 20 years from now to restore the dynamics. :laugh:

Max Florian likes this.
  14. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

Yup. Pretty brick walled unfortunately.

JulesRules likes this.
  15. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Highly recommended! Paul at SDE is a huge TFF fan and it shows in his writing about the band. You won't be disappointed in the booklet. :righton:

fluxkit, JannL, FLF and 1 other person like this.
  16. audiomac

audiomac Forum Resident

Mine just says thanks for your order.

morgan1098 likes this.
  17. RAZORMADE

RAZORMADE I crawled out from the bottom in the dark...

“I would say life and geography got in the way,” Smith tells Rolling Stone :)

18. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Auto-tuned vocals too. :sigh:
    Love the song though!

JannL and RAZORMADE like this.
  19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Paul now said the radio edit "isn't going to be on any edition".
    The LP and bundle are clearly showing as sold out on the SDE shop, for what it's worth.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Sammy Banderas and NunoBento like this.
  20. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

I love the song! I downloaded it from iMusic after seeing the video but it doesn't show up on Spotify. Why is that, do you suppose?

21. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Thanks and ordered!

RAZORMADE likes this.
  22. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I already listened to it on Spotify. Must be a regional thing.

23. rrbbkk

rrbbkk Forum Resident

After I posted that I went back and searched for it by title and, POOF!, there it was. I'm too old for this ****.

JulesRules and Sammy Banderas like this.
  24. ppsquare

ppsquare Forum Resident

Missed it again. It's almost impossible...
    Or is this region specifically (I'm from Germany)?

25. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Geo locked only available in UK unfortunately