Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point- February 2022 release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Sep 28, 2020.

1. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Indeed. Good interview.

And now I'm thinking to myself, "Roland singing opera? I want to hear that!"

2. Yazid Manou

Yazid Manou Forum Resident

Oh sorry, I'm so late...We only sent the information today to french media !

omikron likes this.
  3. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Hmm the Barnes and Noble website says The Tipping Point vinyl is exclusive but doesnt mention it being red.

4. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Here you are. I uploaded the radio edit since people are interested in it:

The most surreal thing is to think back to those performances between, say, 2010 and 2014 when all this trouble was already brewing and yet the band were playing great gigs and seemed to be at the height of their powers.
    This was the inspiration to his novel, Sex Drugs & Opera (though I thought he actually didn't follow through - now he's saying he was willing to do it but wasn't chosen?). With hindsight it'll be interesting to see if any of Roland's private troubles crept into the storyline...

5. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

Thanks Jules for that version - I prefer the full blown instead of this so it was good to compare.

6. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

I was lucky enough to catch them in 2017 right before the remainder of the tour had to be canceled. The show was in DC with the Hall and Oates tour.

Sammy Banderas and JulesRules like this.
  7. audiomac

audiomac Forum Resident

I prefer the full version too. Kind of annoys me that after all this time, a world exclusive, and they can’t play the full version!

Sammy Banderas and JulesRules like this.
  8. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

This ^^!

9. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Of course I like the full version better but that radio edit is different enough that I hope it shows up somewhere, maybe on the HMV exclusive although Paul Sinclair says that's not happening.

That Guardian interview was gut-wrenching and beautiful. Wow.

10. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

Still think the management and lads are missing an opportunity to keep the momentum rolling by waiting 4 more months to release the album.

NunoBento likes this.
  11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Likely out of their hands...there are major supply chain demands worldwide due to the ongoing Covid crisis.

ARK, LivingForever, tin ears and 2 others like this.
  12. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Agreed. I think they would have made this album available for the holiday season if they could. There are so many different vinyl options available that I'm sure that's what's causing the long delay.

13. IdeasAsOpiates

IdeasAsOpiates Forum Resident

website doesn't but the external links to it do..

paustin0816 likes this.
  14. JulesRules

It was now officially released in Germany today* - SWR1 played the full version whereas HR1 played the radio edit!

*Bizarre: SWR1 teased the new album yesterday and then said there isn't a new song yet. I was in complete disbelief and wrote an e-mail saying I had already heard it! However, apparently they weren't permitted to play the song yet...

Sammy Banderas, iveivan and omikron like this.
  15. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Forum Resident

People don't use the word 'leery' nearly enough! :)

ARK, Ryan Lux and JulesRules like this.
  16. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Forum Resident

My first every three purchases of Tears for Fears music (apart from the 7" of 'Shout' in'84) were the three deluxe boxsets of their first three albums. It's strange buying anything by them that isn't comprised of 5 or 6 CD's!
    I love the song. 'I love You But I'm Lost' is more of an earworm and I do really like that too despite it's bad reputation. 'The Tipping Point' needs a few plays to stick but stick it does.
    I bought the SDE CD release.
    I'm looking at the green vinyl also (don't tell the wife!)

17. iveivan

iveivan Prime Sinister

I also got the SDE CD. I’m going to hold off getting a vinyl copy until release week in the hope another version comes out then to encourage more purchases. Maybe a picture disc.

18. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

I adore Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, but everything they've squeezed out since then has been awful to my ear (ready boys and girls, i love you but i'm lost). But still, I've got very high hopes for this new album.

Ringmaster_D and Rooster_Ties like this.
  19. OnTheMike

OnTheMike Forum Resident

I like the new single. I'm optimistic about the album.

20. audiomac

audiomac Forum Resident

I really like the little melody in the intro; sounds like a flute or something similar.

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Tons of variations plus early calendar year release date strike me as a chart push. Signed albums is unusual for them, though they did 1-2 in stores in 2004.

22. JulesRules

23. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

Finally, finally something new forthcoming. I really like the new release. A heart wrenching song after reading that Guardian article. I hope the rest of the songs are as good. Rarely do I look forward to new music now but TFF is one of the exceptions. Went with the vinyl. I hope the loudness is toned down from ELAHE, but I really don't care at this point. Just happy to have something new from them.

24. JulesRules

25. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

It feels like they are already starting out with more interest in the new album than Everybody Loves a Happy Ending. I compared two of their official music videos on YouTube. Closest Thing to Heaven, which is a great song, after all this time only has 254,000 views on YouTube. In just two days, The Tipping Point has 352,000 views, and a lot of positive and excited comments under it. I'm happy for the guys.

I hope The Tipping Point, which I love, isn't the best song on the album and the rest underwhelming. I do like that Curt said they rerecorded some of the songs they kept. I have a feeling some of them maybe have had the vocals really buried like I Loved You But I'm Lost. I am a little concerned about Stay and Please Be Happy being on it as-is. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Sammy Banderas, D-rock and JulesRules like this.