Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point- February 2022 release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Sep 28, 2020.

1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

How many are Curt's?

2. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

So, when is Chinese Democracy gonna be released?

3. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

I am not sure how many Curt will sing but I gather all the new songs were likely written jointly

4. garax

garax Forum Resident

It was an interesting podcast, although I felt at times that Roland got interrupted when he was about to go into more detail or explain a situation a little more - which is a risk when dealing with amateur interviewers who forget the interview isn't about them...

5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I wonder what will happen to the unused songs. There has to be so much material flying around, I wonder if there will be a second Roland solo album at some point built around whatever Curt didn't like?

6. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

For sure. Constant interruptions some of which are due likely to the remote nature of the interview I am guessing during the pandemic. But gosh, let him speak and when he stops have the follow up question. They also missed asking when the album will be released!!

7. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I really want more Roland songs in my life. Curt has been more active since ELAHE and this considering that Roland was always the main writer behind TFF.
    But the stuff that was already finished (& deemed not good enough for the album), I guess, will end up as bonus tracks / b-sides.

C'mon, Guy and Gary are experienced musicians and know well that you don't announce a new release on some podcast. :rolleyes:

Hep Alien and NunoBento like this.
  8. walrus

Yeah, I hope it doesn't just get locked away forever. I'm skeptical on whether a label forcing co-writes on them would actually yield positive results, and I'm fine with that stuff getting booted off a proper album, but I'm still curious to hear it.

JulesRules likes this.
  9. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'm hopeful this is going to finally happen in 2021!

10. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

Was only looking for an approximate time of year.In the pandemic word I doubt this is going to garner any big press campaign by the label.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2021
  11. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Regarding the version of ELAHE that’s on Tidal, is that version for sale on Qobuz or HD Tracks? I’d love to own a copy of the better mastering.

JulesRules likes this.
  12. JulesRules

NunoBento and CBackley like this.
  13. ggggreenisaac

ggggreenisaac Brutalised by bass / Terrorised by treble

Here's Everybody Loves A Happy Ending from the US CD:

[​IMG]

JulesRules, NunoBento and tug_of_war like this.
  14. ggggreenisaac

And Who Killed Tangerine?:

[​IMG]

JulesRules likes this.
  15. ggggreenisaac

That European mastering of Everybody Loves A Happy Ending is unacceptable by any standards, you'd think they left the teaboy to do it so they could all go home early on a Friday afternoon. Can't believe I used to listen to it over and over on my Discman, through headphones. If you're like me and only ever knew that version, the US CD sounds very dynamic in comparison! And good though that is, it's a shame the double LP never got a general release.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    tug_of_war, NunoBento and JulesRules like this.
  16. JulesRules

We had a thread about this, but it was auto-locked: Differences between US/UK Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending

@Dingo asked in that thread "Mr. Wilson where are you when we need you. I wonder, was he asked, did he decline, did he consider it too much of a reclamation job."

For the record, Steven Wilson was interviewed by Classic Rock and the interviewer brought up ELAHE as an album that had some similarities to a song from his new album, and he agreed with the sentiment and said he thinks it's a great album. So... 5.1 mix? :kilroy:

ARK, Max Florian, tug_of_war and 2 others like this.
  17. Max Florian

Max Florian Forum Resident

As we've learned that the whole proposed album has been overhauled in the intervening years, I really hope the 'Tipping Point' title gets to be changed as well - I really don't like it at all. Too cerebral/literal/conceptual, so little evocative.

tug_of_war and JulesRules like this.
  18. walrus

They could call it "Everybody Poops" and I wouldn't care as long as it actually comes out.

CBackley, omikron and tug_of_war like this.
  19. JulesRules

Everybody wants to poop the world?

CBackley and tug_of_war like this.
  20. ggggreenisaac

I forgot to say about the two bonus tracks on the EU Everybody Loves A Happy Ending:

Pullin' A Cloud is mastered like the US CD:

[​IMG]

Whereas Out Of Control is in line with the EU mastering:

[​IMG]

Weird, eh?

ARK, CBackley, omikron and 2 others like this.
  21. ...or too evocative of a moment when things went wrong

Max Florian likes this.
  22. JulesRules

I wouldn't say that. As I mentioned before, it's remarkable that they managed to make "Pullin' a Cloud" as loud as it is, considering it's largely a relaxed acoustic track. Certainly, if there is anything positive one can say about the EU CD is that it's not inconsistent mastering-wise. Damning with faint praise! :cussing:

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    NunoBento likes this.
  23. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Here lies another helpless victim of the Loudeness War I.
    Poor song :sigh:

ggggreenisaac and JulesRules like this.
  24. ggggreenisaac

Very true, reminds me of Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen acoustic versions, which are also overly-compressed for no good reason.

Just out of interest, what release is your avatar taken from?

25. JulesRules

A blanket ;)

This artwork appeared on some merch articles that were available from the band's shop. I edited it so it looks like an album cover. It's possible that it was commissioned for the new album.

Edit: A t-shirt is still available - see here DANCING GRAMAPHONE NATURAL TEE | Sale | Tears For Fears USD