Tears For Fears - The Tipping Point- February 2022 release*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NunoBento, Sep 28, 2020.

1. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

Hopefully we get some more news soon and more hints like merchandise mentioned above. I’ll take a new single at this point but what’s the rush ? Except for some covers it’s been a good 16 and 1/2 years.

D-rock likes this.
  2. audiomac

audiomac Forum Resident

Out of the Pandemic, Into the Fire

3. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I need to check which mastering my Canadian CD is. If I've been listening to the good mastering all these years then...mind blown.

JulesRules likes this.
  4. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Since it has no bonus tracks, it seems very likely - do report back!

Ryan Lux likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

How Tears For Fears added prog to pop and ruled the 80s

"In the present day, the reunited Tears For Fears have been working on their next album for seven years. A mere seven? “Exactly! We’re going to top The Seeds Of Love! [Laughs] If they allow me into America, because I need to be in the same room as Curt, we’re hoping to finish it this year."

6. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Grant the visum already.

7. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Do people NEED to be in the same room any more to record an album? Or even in the same country?

I guess it's good to hear then that they WANT to be in the same room.

8. humanracer

humanracer Forum Resident

That must be an old interview. They have already met and finished the album. They just have to get the record company to release it, and they are probably waiting until Covid has passed.

9. hEARt PhoniX

I guess it does depend upon mentality. Yes, we have got tools for remote colaborations, but there are people who depend upon direct communication and no screen can substitute that for them.

tug_of_war and D-rock like this.
  10. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Tell that to Black Sabbath. Guys in their mid-60s when “13” was a massive hit.

tug_of_war likes this.
  11. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Yeah, great album. I don’t think the mastering is quite as bad as some have mentioned. Sounds like someone bumped the bass knob!

NunoBento and JulesRules like this.
  12. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Mainstream hit? And Black Sabbath didn’t cater their sound to the top 40. I don’t think you understood my point, with all due respect.

ARK and NunoBento like this.
  13. JulesRules

If you have the US mastering, consider yourself lucky (although it lacks the two bonus tracks). The European version is a sonic atrocity. (Sorry for offtopic.)

14. So,it’s even worse than the U.S. version? Wow. I’ve never heard the European version but it must be bad.

15. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

That's kind of what I'm getting at. It's a positive sign that they want to collaborate in person. Recording music (if we ever get it) still means something to them.

D-rock likes this.
  16. humanracer

humanracer Forum Resident

There are bands, like a-ha, who prefer to work apart and do not hide their dislike for each other. However in the case of TFF, Curt felt he had to sit down face to face with Roland to settle things and it seems to have worked.

D-rock, ben_wood and omikron like this.
  17. I’d rather that they just collaborate long distance and finish the bloody thing.

NunoBento likes this.
  18. JulesRules

19. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star Thread Starter

20. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star Thread Starter

21. hEARt PhoniX

There'd better be some news soon ... the tipping point how far they are able to tease our patience may soon be surpassed ...

(Sorry, I just could not resist the temptation to again lower the bar for bad, bad puns. My joy does require an outlet, and it may be a bit too soon to shout, shout and to let it all out.)

CBackley, RAZORMADE, omikron and 2 others like this.
  22. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Should I hold my breath?
    Stand on one foot?
    :D

c-eling likes this.
  23. hEARt PhoniX

... unless it's the public release of Massey Hall ...

ARK, JeffMo and omikron like this.
  24. robsabres

robsabres Forum Resident

I’ve been at my Tipping Point for 17 years. Even Roland’s brother has put out same great new music before Tears can get anything released. This better not be another tease like many years ago when their website said “Ready to Start “ and we got 3 covers. Then 2 less than stellar new tracks as part of another Greatest hits package. Come on lads give us a firm release date this time.

NunoBento likes this.