Teaser and the Firecat

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HDListener, May 18, 2021.

1. HDListener

HDListener Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone here know if the master tapes of this album are still in existence? There have been plans over the years for high def releases but they've never come to fruition. So many reissues and remasterings of Tea For The Tillerman, but why not this one (other than a deluxe edition many years ago)?

2. HDListener

HDListener Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Are you only seeking this in digital form? If so the AP SACD was well received. Or you can get the original wonderful sounding vinyl rather cheap. Magnificent album. As AP did this not so long ago, I would guess the tapes are still in existence.

4. totmeyer

totmeyer Forum Resident

The new super deluxe edition does not offer a new mix of Teaser. The book with the set states that they were unable to locate the multi-track masters. Instead of a new mix, the vinyl in the box offers alternate versions of the album tracks.

Revolver likes this.
  5. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I assumed that the masters for Teaser and Mona Bone Jakon were lost due to the lack of audiophile versions of them. Surely somebody like AP would have done Teaser, since they did Tea For The Tillerman, if the tapes were available.

6. totmeyer

totmeyer Forum Resident

Both Mona Bone and Tillerman got 2020 remixes, so those multi-tracks aren’t lost (phew!).

Revolver likes this.
  7. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I’ll tell you where master tape sound can be found...

I have the dbx version of this record, and it smokes all the other versions I’ve heard or owned.

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Sadly, there is no AP SACD of Teaser and the Firecat. You must be thinking of Tea for the Tillerman.