Technics new SL-1200MK7 and SL-1500C*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by punkmusick, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dragon

The Dragon Forum Resident

Does anyone know what the power/voltage ratings are for the European spec version of the 1200mk7 and the 1500C? The reason I am asking is that the European spec 1200G (1200GEG-S) has the capability for 110 - 240VAC 50 or 60Hz. One could potentially order one from a dealer in the UK and have it shipped to the US if the voltage input is compatible.

2. sniperfox

sniperfox Well-Known Member

Hello again, small precision. So I bought a new turntable SL 1500 c and return the old for refund. The news does not have the problem of the arm remaining high and can be stopped at any moment of the ascent or descent. So my first Turntable had a problem with the mechanism.... here (the new) is perfect. However, be careful. I noticed that in my second turntable, the platter had a slight oscillation. so I kept the platter of my first platinum and returned to the store my first platinum and second platter. Everything is not perfect ... My advice is to order two (if you have the means) and to return one for refund within 15 days to be sure to have a perfect set. ..
    The best is to buy it and test it in store but in my area it's impossible .. no exposure of these models

3. U-96

U-96 Active Member

Cyclone Ranger and Aftermath like this.
  4. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

1500C owners...Is there sound coming out from the outputs if the turntable is switched off (not start/stop but on/off) with the on-board preamp disabled?

5. sniperfox

For me no...

6. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

I mean with the needle on the record and a manual spin.

7. sniperfox

in phono, yes...

8. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Yes what? :) There is sound in phono out mode with the turntable switched off?

9. sniperfox

Yes, but i noticed that my all turntable are like that (Thorens, Audio Technica, ect). For me, its not a problem...

10. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

Not saying it's a problem, the opposite would be. I'm trying to determine how "true" is the phono preamp bypass. Some Hanpin turntables like Reloop 7000, Stanton st 150 etc. completely shut off the sound when powered off even in phono mode (preamp bypass), afaik.

11. hungrysimon

hungrysimon Active Member

Hi. Recently picked up 1500C. Have issue with built in phono stage and wanted to know if anyone has similar/suggestions. Getting a whine through speakers using built in phono stage, changes pitch when platter switched on. Tried moving, different cables and mains outlet etc. No such issue when using external phono stage. It has cut out once during playback. Obviously going to take back for exchange - I do like the sound and otherwise would be really pleased with it. Am guessing is some internal fault.

12. U-96

U-96 Active Member

13. chamaruco

chamaruco Forum Resident

There is a moment a moment of true for every reviewer especially in these reviews/advertises

punkmusick likes this.
  14. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer Thread Starter

I love how they leave these sentences in the air and don't tell us what would be the sonic shortcomings of this not so well isolated microphonic chassis.

15. Cyclone Ranger

Cyclone Ranger New old stock

'Early in the production run' blues, maybe? Bummer. :(

16. chamaruco

chamaruco Forum Resident

he said: they paied me for this review, please don't blame me!

nosliw, Aftermath and punkmusick like this.
  17. Jking3002

Jking3002 Forum Resident

Sure seems to be a lot of QC problems with these tables. I wonder if any people expressed quality concerns about these units not coming from Japan when they were announced... :)

Seriously though, this sucks for the people going through this.

kevin5brown, U-96 and Aftermath like this.
  18. geoffc60

geoffc60 New Member

Can anyone recommend a replacement mat for these?

19. hungrysimon

hungrysimon Active Member

Picked up replacement today, all good now (tested in store before taking away).

U-96, ranch 22b and Cyclone Ranger like this.
  20. Marcodee79

Marcodee79 New Member

[QUOTE = "Cyclone Ranger, post: 20389466, membro: 75997"] Sidenote ... Mk7 e 1500c hanno il tradizionale smorzatore in gomma tipo SL1200 legato alla parte inferiore del piatto?
    . [/CITAZIONE]
    no abs plastic

21. Marcodee79

Marcodee79 New Member

I do not have the rubber shock-absorbing base but have a base of ABS or plastic compound such as Reloop and PLX1000.

The shock-absorbing base has the old models and the grand class series GAE G E GR .. And this leads to a price increase compared to the mk7 ..
    Besides this marketing clown, the GR is the 1200 for hifi and dj use ..

22. Marcodee79

Marcodee79 New Member

I do not have the rubber shock-absorbing base but have a base of ABS or plastic compound such as Reloop and PLX1000.

The shock-absorbing base has the old models and the grand class series GAE G E GR .. And this leads to a price increase compared to the mk7 ..
    Besides this marketing clown, the GR is the 1200 for hifi and dj use ..

23. zombiemodernist

zombiemodernist Forum Resident

Now that reviews are slowly starting to trickle in I'm really perplexed by the autolift feature of the 1500c. The horror story described at 1:30 in this video is crazy. If the deck is doing this sometimes, and others lingering for 30 seconds, the feature is far less useful than the Technics autos of old. No clue if this design was made in some way to minimize interference with the arm (the MK1 models used a fully mechanical return mechanism that operates with or without power) but the behavior seems to be bizarre.

24. JackG

JackG Forum Resident

Yeah, weird on that auto-lift. He seems to really like the 2M Red with the internal phono, though.

25. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

It’s disappointing, because that feature is one of the differentiators between it and the mk7 that might help steer someone in its direction. If I spent $200 more mainly to have auto-lift (because the cartridge and built-in phono are more superfluous inclusions IMO), and it did this kind of thing instead of working like it’s supposed to, I’d be mad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.