Technics RS-715US Reel to Reel

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ronald Hofmeister, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:19 PM.

1. Ronald Hofmeister

Ronald Hofmeister Member Thread Starter

i just Bought a Technics Model Number RS-715US
    Reel to Reel it has all the Bell’s & Whistles on it. Here is the Question I have about it. On the Back there is a Round Socket for a Wired Remote Control it say’s to use Technics RP-9714 & there is nothing on Google about it at all. I have a Technics RP-9677 for my Technics RS-676US Cassette Tape Deck made around the same time period will it work with the Reel to Reel? It has 6 buttons on it. I also saw on the Internet an Technics RP-9275 & Technics RP-9645 so will they interchange or not? Mine has 14 foot cord with a Round Socket with a silver steel control box with (6) black pushbutton’s on It. My RS-815US is Feather Touch Solenoid Operation.
    Also does anyone have an Original Owners Manual that I could possibly Purchase for the Technics RS-715US Reel to Reel? I would also like an Original Service Manual but it is under the Panasonic Name as RS-715US.

Ronald

2. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Ronnie, getting a manual online should be easy. Just google it. Many places sell manuals for this kind of gear.

As far as the wired remote, I'd doubt that anything but the specified unit for the RS-715 will work. You wouldnt want to plug other units into the RS-715, you could short out the circuits behind the connector. Use the correct remote!!

The FRiNgE, Agitater and longdist01 like this.
  3. McLover

McLover Forum Resident

The manuals for this will be somewhat hard to find. Technics didn't sell many of this model open reel in the USA. The RS 1500 series was their biggest open reel seller (and used by broadcast stations a lot).

4. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

5. antnee

antnee Member

6. 80sFan

80sFan Active Member

7. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

Was 815 a typo?

The RS-714US and RS-715US were essentially similar. The 714 was not auto-reverse, the 715 was auto-reverse. Both from 1971-1973. If you search the net for "RS-714US service manual", a free link will come up (down the results page) to download that, and that's a free place to start right away.

8. Ronald Hofmeister

Ronald Hofmeister Member Thread Starter

I need to ask a Question about Technics Wired Remote Control Units. I have The Technics RS-715US Reel to Reel Tape Deck made around the 1973-1974 time Period. It says to use Technics RP-9714 but I can’t find anything at all on it even Google had nothing. It has a 14 Foot Cord with a Round Plug In that has a 6 Pushbutton Solonoid Operation. I have a Technics RP-9677 that’s for my Technics RS-676US Cassette Tape Deck Same Plug In made in same time period. There is also on the Internet I’ve seen an RP-9275 & a RP-9645 mine is mounted into a Metal Housing. So do those interchange with one another. I get conflicting information on the Internet
    So who is right? Mine is in a Silver Colored Metal Housing. There is no information out there at all.
    I even tried just answers & ask a Technics Technician none knew the answer 100% so I’m turning to you for help.

9. McLover

McLover Forum Resident

They do not interchange with each other. Use only the remote Technics recommended. I would not chance damaging that machine, especially as parts support has long been gone for over 30 something years.