Technics sl 1210 mk2 two zero points

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Trad83, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trad83

Trad83 Member Thread Starter

Hi all

I recently bought a pair of 1210s mk2 and have noticed they have two zero points. I have zeroed the pitch using a multimeter on the pitch fader and nothing changed. The second zero is at about plus 2% and the deck actually goes slower until this point then speeds up nice and gradually up the rest of the fader

2. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Okay.

3. Trad83

Do you know if there is any way I can get rid of the two zeros, other than calibrating using a multimeter or do you think I need to get a new pitch fader.

4. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

How are you testing this with a meter? Pitch controls are a VERY FINE adjustment. If the markings don't line up with the desired speed then there should be trim potentiometers somewhere on the ckt board internally. As long as you can get the disired speed(s) I would not mess with them though.

5. Trad83

I measured the resistance of the pitch fader and set it back to the factory setting of 2.7 using the potentiometer and the second zero point never moved. I can't get the desired speed because the platter slows down instead of speeds up when I increase the pitch up to about +2 then it zeros again and past this point it starts to speed up as it should. It's quite annoying when I'm trying to beat match.

6. gabestar1200mk2

gabestar1200mk2 Member

Hello,

Did you ever end up fixing the zero point? I am having the exact same issue (2 zero points) and my second zero is also just passed +2. I can't match beats and I'm going ape $%&*!!!

7. tonesteroc

tonesteroc Well-Known Member

try some deoxit or fader lube?

8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Not sure if this helps, but you can internally change the pitch range, a friend once bought a 1210 that had been used for Techno and went from something like 0 to +16, I'm sure there's a video on YouTube and it was a very long time ago, but I recall it being straightforward and it would change your zero point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.