Tedeschi Trucks Band I Am The Moon quadruple album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Miles1968, Apr 20, 2022.

1. mraulino

mraulino Forum Resident

I sent a message to Bandcamp's support AND another through their "contact the artist" feature. No feedback yet. I believe the others in this thread saying that the files have been fixed are referring to other sellers such as HDTracks.

Further likes this.
  2. Bobetis

Bobetis Forum Resident

Hello, i am the engineer of this album. I have reached out to the record label to remedy this issue. It will hopefully be worked out in the next few days. We are sorry this happened, it seems to have been related to file size on certain platforms. It will be fixed.

3. Skydog7

Skydog7 Forum Resident

fantastic work on this record Bobby. y’all put a lot of love into the sound and it shows.

4. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

Cd arrived today. Sounds sublime and loving the songs. Love when drums sounds like in the old days and you can really crank the volume without getting a headache!

JLPMacca, Bobetis and oneway23 like this.
  5. Skydog7

Skydog7 Forum Resident

highway and WarEagleRK like this.
  6. Further

Further Forum Resident

I just downloaded the FLAC from Bandcamp again to check if this has been fixed yet and can confirm that the problem has still not been corrected. I also downloaded the WAV files, just to see if by chance they were any different and it's the same problem there.

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon (I'm starting to doubt it) and also that when Part II is released this week, it does not repeat the same mistake.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  7. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Opening night of the tour on Friday they played the new album in it’s entirety, which makes the live show even more enticing.

8. Skydog7

Skydog7 Forum Resident

I was there. They started it 5 songs in. Each song resoundingly delivered. The end to “I Am the Moon” was incredible, the build at the end. “Circles ‘Round the Sun” was psychedelic and funky as ****. And “Pasaquan”….

ARK, JimSmiley and Coltrane811 like this.
  9. mraulino

mraulino Forum Resident

It's been corrected at Bandcamp, finally.

Bobetis and Further like this.
  10. relax_inn

relax_inn Forum Resident

How is everyone feeling about last night’s installment? I like it quite a bit better than part 1…think it’s more consistently interesting throughout

lsipes1965 likes this.
  11. gdpeck

gdpeck Forum Resident

I liked it a lot. It's hard for me to compare, because I just watched part 2, one time on YouTube, while I've been listening to part 1 quite a bit, and am getting to know those songs. Part 1 is really growing on me the more I listen. I do agree that the 2nd installment was very interesting. The songwriting and structures seem complex, yet the band performs them so effortlessly. I can't yet identify the individual songs, but it's all very textured. There was one part that felt like it had a really jammy "Other One (Grateful Dead)" vibe, and I really liked it.

12. relax_inn

relax_inn Forum Resident

yeah I know exactly the part you’re talking about.

One track had an outro that is probably the most Allmans-y thing they’ve done, which I loved

gdpeck likes this.
  13. Bear Bryant

Bear Bryant Forum Resident

Over the last couple years they have really become one of my absolute favorite bands. Just limitless talent and potential as far as what they can do. Part 1 is growing on me, but, I don’t know how to describe this, but Part 1 to me felt like I had wondered into the middle of an epic album. With the long instrumental and it just felt a little more experimental. Part 2 I am loving right out of the gate from first listen. To me this maybe should have been the start of the project, with Part 1 serving as more of a middle. Maybe they should have reversed these? Maybe it doesn’t matter because the expectation isn’t for a listener to listen to all 4 albums at once, but pick and choose 1 at a time? I don’t know, but I feel better about this whole project after hearing part 2. I think we are heading toward some kind of all time classic record experience.

Skydog7 and gdpeck like this.
  14. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Part Two is every bit as good, if not better, than
    part one. Essential listening.

Skydog7, ssmith3046 and Jimbino like this.
  15. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

good to hear because I love part one.
    Gets better with every listen.
    The track Fall In is so infectious..
    I will definitely be getting the vinyl set in September.
    Buying the CDs as they are released..Might be up for record of the year for me..

Skydog7 likes this.
  16. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

I'm just getting into the new set, but am hearing Grateful Dead's "Spanish Jam" and hints of mile's original "Solea" from sketches of spain in the music after the 13 min mark......of course that can just just be a symptom of listening to allot of dead for a few decades.

lsipes1965 and gdpeck like this.
  17. gdpeck

gdpeck Forum Resident

That is very close to what I was referring to with the "Other One" transition. In the YouTube video at about 16:45 they transition out of the "Spanish Jam" stuff, and into a rhythmic section very reminiscent of some dead transitions back into the Other One after Space, or Spanish Jam, etc. It's slower, and a different feel, but it also isn't out of the realm of possibility that TTB could drop into The Other One. At least it feels that way to me.

It all rolls into one.

Skydog7, Mulroydave and TerpStation like this.
  18. Skydog7

Skydog7 Forum Resident

definite a Miles vibe, which complements Crescent’s “Spanish Key”-ish outro on “Circles ‘Round the Sun.”

Ascension didn’t grab me *quite* as hard on the first listen but it’s grown on repeat listens all day yesterday.

So much more to say, but I’m really digging this project a lot thus far…

A LOT.

19. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

Really liked part I. Part II is not at the same level for me. For me songwriting is not just at the same level. More like leftovers from Part I. :hide:

20. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I'm the opposite. I like Part II much better than Part I.

21. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I also prefer part II -- it seems to showcase Susan's vocals more, which is always a plus for me.

Bear Bryant likes this.
  22. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Part II is essential

Skydog7 likes this.
  23. TerpStation

Been through the new one twice now. Really dig it allot. This one feels more like a complete record than the previous one.

Steve356 likes this.
  24. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't get that vibe, but it definitely feels mellower overall, which isn't really my mood at the moment.

25. TerpStation

Just a heads up that the first show of the tour is now up at the archive. Pasaquan is a stunner live as we knew it would be. Its all great though.

ARK, WarEagleRK and Bossyman like this.