Television series that you wish would get an official DVD or BluRay release.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dave112, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident

This 1976 Hanna-Barbera series needs a Blu-Ray update very badly. Here's some of the lost material that should have been on the existing 2006 DVD release.

Also, the Blu-Ray should be updated to include the episodes from 1977 that aired as part of Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:
    "Vampires, Bats and Scaredy Cats" / "Beastwoman (part 1)" (September 10, 1977)
    "The Curse of Viking Lake" / "Beastwoman (part 2)" (September 17, 1977)
    "Hang In There, Scooby-Doo" / "The Glob (part 1)" (September 24, 1977)
    "The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller" / "The Glob (part 2)" (October 1, 1977)
    "The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race" / "Madame Ape Face (part 1)" (October 8, 1977)
    "The Ozark Witch Switch" / "Madame Ape Face (part 2)" (October 15, 1977)
    "Creepy Cruise" / "Shadowman (part 1)" (October 22, 1977)
    "The Creepy Heap from the Deep" / "Shadowman (part 2)" (October 29, 1977)

~Ben

S. P. Honeybunch and Dave112 like this.
  2. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll check but I think it may be.

Michael likes this.
  3. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I'm not necessarily recommending them. Last I heard though they still own the rights and have been sitting on them for years. It's a last best hope situation, but definitely a wish fulfillment kind of thing. :angel:

4. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Yes, some of the shows were good, but unfortunately they were mixed in with garbage about paranormal nonsense (or other imaginary things like Bigfoot).

Dave112 likes this.
  5. Dave112

That's true of any show of this type. I always enjoyed the wide range of topics that were presented. I doubt that ISO changed anyone's mind about topics like Bigfoot but it made for interesting viewing.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Sure, very interesting, but now we have a whole "industry" of beliefs in the imaginary, from bigfoot, to homeopathy, to crystals, holographic healing armbands, ghost hunting and other nonsense that stem from shows like this giving credence to nonsense.

Dave112 likes this.
  7. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Dave112 and Tom Perry like this.
  9. Michael

I cannot see them doing a blu-ray box after releasing a DVD box...too bad for us. ; )

10. Michael

a BD box would look much better...that's not the point. It's the choice they made...

Dave112 likes this.
  11. Michael

OK...

Dave112 likes this.
  12. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

For me, I would like to have on DVD:

Empty Nest (7 seasons)
    Murphy Brown (10 Seasons)

I know music rights has doomed Murphy Brown from being on DVD.

Dave112 likes this.
  13. Dave112

Folks are going to believe what they want regardless. Some people also believe everything the news says, Elvis is still alive, the earth is flat, etc.. ISO had a point which they would cover a topic or not. Another show might have tighter or more slack standards. I don't consider ISO to be as much of scientific fact as entertaining. examining of various topics. I respect that you didn't care for the show. I'm glad that they did release it on DVD though. It's a fun stroll down memory lane.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  14. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I wonder if another part of the problem with 'Murphy Brown' is that it was so topical for its time... I mean yeah, if you were around in those days, chances are you'll remember most, if not all, of the political references/world affairs, but does that translate 20 years after the fact?

Dave112 likes this.
  15. Dave112

Murphy Brown seems like it would be a popular sitcom for a complete series release. The 1970s television series Maude starring Bea Arthur is available on DVD. Not to knock Maude but I would think that Murphy Brown would have a much larger fan base. Both shows were topical of their day and tied in with another iconic series of the time. Maude was a spinoff of All In The Family (another very topical series) and I remember that Kramer got to play one of Murphy Brown's many secretaries on a Seinfeld episode. Below is an interesting link about why Murphy Brown hasn't been released on DVD after the first season. It seems that the sales of the first season DVDs were low and no more seasons were released. I don't know about others out here but I rarely buy old television shows by season. The only time I buy a television show one season at a time is if it's still in production or I luck up at a thrift store and buy all the individual season sets. If the series was finished, I wait for the complete series sets to be released. Anyway here's the link.

Q: I have been trying to find a complete set of all of the seasons of "Murphy Brown." Does that even exist? All I can find so far is season 1. | TV Tabloid

16. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I have them all from CBS and then a few years ago, Encore ran them complete and I recorded them from there.

Dave112 likes this.
  17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Still enjoying The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Mega Set on DVD.

[​IMG]

I had hoped that Studio Canal would Restored picture from film elements, then the Audio speed-up fixed for Region 1 release all in Boxed Blu-Ray set one day....

BwanaBob, Scope J and Greenalishi like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Moonlighting [Blu-ray]

poe_man, bmasters9 and longdist01 like this.
  19. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

20. Michael

still hoping fr a complete season Bluray box of the Beverly Hillbillies!

Grand_Ennui and longdist01 like this.
  21. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Where'd you get Moonlighting on Blu?

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I was replying which series I'd like to see get a blu-ray release

bmasters9 likes this.
  23. AndyTaylor

AndyTaylor Forum Resident

2000 remake of The Fugitive with Tim Daly.

24. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" series. I loved the Pacific Northwest vibe and the log cabin style restaurant that had "damn good cherry pie and coffee".

Really wanted travel to the shooting locations shown in the movie but a Google Map street view search pretty much ruined that. At least it saved me the trip.

25. AndyTaylor

AndyTaylor Forum Resident

That’s on DVD and Blu-Ray.