Tell Me What You Know About Ozzy

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paulette, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Paulette

I want to keep my thread alive. There has to be more info out there.
    I just saw an interview with Bill Ward. The interviewer asked him about the upside down cross on the inside of the record cover. Bill said they hated it but it was already created. BANGERTV-All Metal, YouTube

3. Huntigula

Huntigula Idiot Savant

He once had "thank you" tattooed on his right palm. From his book "I Am Ozzy"

"...how many times do people say 'thank you' in their lives? Thousands. So I went and had 'thank you' tattooed on my right hand. I hid it from Sharon well, until she asked me to pass the salt. She wigged and said, 'Right, we're taking you to get that removed'. The doc said it would be impossible without taking half my hand off. Sharon thanked the doctor for his time.

I just raised my right hand".

Ozzy. Priceless.

4. Paulette

I read that somewhere too. Thought it was rumour so every interview I watched I was looking and didn't see it. But hey if it's in "I am Ozzy" then, well.... I will be reading soon.

5. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I know I like this 1997 comp....The Ozzman Cometh
    [​IMG]

Paulette likes this.
  6. Paulette

Want it want it want it.....
    I bought tickets to his concert instead.

Sean likes this.
  7. Paulette

Just re reading this thread. This is ****ing hilarious!!

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Paulette likes this.
  9. ajawamnet

ajawamnet Forum Resident

I can tell you this...

We were nominated by some music radio tracking mag for best male vocalist and some other thing and on two different times did an awards ceremony out in LA - back when the Key Club was still there. The artist I worked with was AA and had to go to meetings.

The first time out there he had to go all the way out to Van Nuys ( we were staying off Sunset at the Valedon on Cynthia). The second trip out there he mentioned that there was one at the Key Club - weird since AA meetings usually aren't held in nightclubs.

So he gets back calls and mentions - "Guess who sat next to me?'
    "Ozzy Osborne"

This was mid 2000's so I asked if Ozzy was like what was being portrayed for years on reality TV..

"Nope - walks normal, talks normal... in fact walks faster than I do. He was with his engineer and he too had a hard keeping up with him..."

Similar story from the guy that did Walk on Water with him - the demo was the one used in the Beavis and Butthead flick - not the Moby version: Realize that Mike Judge is a hell of a bassist and musician and he heard the Moby one and wanted the demo that Valance and Ozzy did.

In their infinite "label wisdom" they released the Moby version on the soundtrack CD.

But the one in the movie is the Demo... Judge knew better...

At about 16 minutes in he starts talking about it. At 17 minutes, he mentions how all the sharon driven BS is just that - BS.

Ozzy's a sharp dude....

So is Jim - over 300 songs written. Lost of releases, an amazing musician - listen to the demo of walk on water. How he got Ozzy to sing that well... that's an accomplishment in itself - I'll post a link in the next post...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Paulette likes this.
  10. ajawamnet

ajawamnet Forum Resident

Jim played all the instruments and wrote most of the parts. Just amazing...

Listen to the harmonies... on the bridge and chorus. When you don't bury his voice in all the effects he's just amazing. The second part of the bridge. The vocals just kill.

I came across the truth to this after hearing the bass. I was wondering what major bassist that worked with Ozzy would have done this...

There's no credits listed. Anywhere.

I'm thinking Rudy, Geezer - both were working with Ozzy at the time.

Nope - it's the guy that works with Bryan Adams... and he's actually a drummer.

And just a badass musician and producer.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Paulette likes this.
  11. ajawamnet

ajawamnet Forum Resident

Here's the Moby "big name players": version - eh....

Paulette likes this.
  12. ajawamnet

ajawamnet Forum Resident

Actually at 10:55 he mentions how all the "poor Ozzy's a wreck" thing is not really correct:

Paulette likes this.
  13. mtvgeneration

mtvgeneration Forum Resident

That was more than a decade ago. It's unlikely that Ozzy would lie about having Parkin Syndrome, which apparently is just early-onset Parkinson's.

Do You Have Early Warning Signs of Parkinson's Disease?

He was diagnosed several years ago, probably because his symptoms worsened. I don't think the doddering Ozzy was much of a thing until around the time of his MTV show. Per the drama of TV production, I think it liked to air footage when he was messed up from one thing or another. Symptoms from many chronic conditions fluctuate, I hope people understand. Plus, Ozzy being a strange guy, I think he has played around with appearing unwell even when capable of controlling his movements.

Paulette likes this.
  14. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I know that DOAM era Ozzy hit at the exact same time as my teen brain activated. It was great. I am glad I knew and experienced pre TV Ozzy. Rock N Roll was indeed my religion and my lord. Good times!

Paulette likes this.
  15. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Isn't Ozzy the guy who bit the head off a nail? Oh wait, that was Dick Cheyney

Paulette likes this.
  16. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

I love his voice. I love much of his work, both solo and group. Most people's perception of him nowadays is that of a bumbling burnout. His wife seems like a total bitch.

Also, Ozzmosis is one of his best 3 albums.

Paulette likes this.
  17. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

He used to live literally around the corner from me. We never saw him but walked past his house on many occasions (I still walk past it occasionally now when I go back to the Midlands). He eventually sold it (and went to live in the US) and a classmate from school's parents bought it. I'm told (but I don't think I believe it) that in every room in that house, each wall was painted alternately white then black (white wall facing white / black wall facing black). I was also told that there was a grand piano left in the main room with an upside down cross on top of it - though I'm 99.9% certain that's just bullshine…

I seem to remember that a few older kids at school went to visit him in Walsall general hospital in the mid to late 1970s (it was either him or Rob Halford anyway...)

What else...? I've seen Tony Iommi's wedding photos (and been to his house through my work - he wasn't in).

Paulette and Sean like this.
  18. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

I was at the show at the Birmingham NEC that was recorded and released as the 'Reunion' album. Grown hairy-assed biker types were openly weeping. I saw them with my own eyes! It was a great gig but they repeated it about two years later (I was at that one also) and it simply wasn't the same...

I wish the 'he bit the head off a bat' story hadn't passed into gospel. He didn't bite the head off a bat. The bat didn't give him the chance to as the bat bit Ozzy first. - He thought (Ozzy, not the bat - no one knows what the bat thought...) that it was a rubber bat thrown onto the stage (all sorts of odd stuff used to be thrown up there) and he picked it up and put its head near his mouth. The bat was real (if somewhat puzzled) and bit the great man on the kisser - prompting several rabies shots...

He did bite the head off a dove though. I've seen the photos and I remember reading about it when it happened. - I do strongly suspect that the whole thing was carefully stage managed though. It certainly looked like a real dove but was it actually alive at the time..? (It's a stupid, nasty thing to do whatever...)

Paulette likes this.
  19. Paulette

So everyone, all the interviewers and reporters and whomever else was just perpetuating the lie?

Also, in the pics of the doves, there's blood. Would there be flying drops of blood?

IDK. Just thoughts.

It's almost as if his life is just one big urban myth.

20. Paulette

Totally.
    Watch video interviews. He's funny as all get out. Although, rare, you prolly have seen the one interview where he is stupified.

21. Paulette

22. Paulette

?

23. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

He loved to listen to Def Leppard's Hysteria on the tour bus during the 'Speak of the Devil' tour.

Paulette likes this.
  24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I saw Ozzy circa 2003 at a talent agency in Beverly Hills. He did not walk normally at all; he was hunched, wobbled, and shook. There was definitely something wrong with him.

Paulette likes this.
  25. Paulette

Hilarious

bluesky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.