Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

DCC Archive Tell us about your audio system

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

Sorry Sckott, forgot to mention I'm a product of the digital age. When I started out, I found myself at the transition from LP to CD (1987 in the Netherlands). I initially chose the CD because of its practicality, but let me assure you: I NEVER looked at a turntable and thought to myself it was old or ancient history. I still enjoy hearing LP's on equipment of some friends of mine (pretty darn good systems too) and I think I'm one of the few people to actually like LP AND CD.

But, I also believe that I have to concentrate on one thing at a time (CD) to make it sound as good as possible. When I've reaced my personal satisfaction with CD (and I believe I have), I'm sure a turntable will appear in my house someday. You're right...then I'll need a preamp, since the C.E.C. DX-71 doesn't have analog inputs. (Or I have to get myself a A/D convertor and sample the LP at 24bits/96 KHz which my DAC can handle....or is that an insult to you, Dough...sorry if it is!)

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

mistyped something...Dough in the last line should be Sckott ofcourse!!

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Hi, Ivar! Welcome to the board!

Don't forget that you can edit or delete your post fer spellin or other errors. I use this feature a lot...

:D

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Ivar,

No, it's no insult at all. There are those who feel strictly happy with what they have accomplished (DIY amplifiers) or set up, and what works for them is not as important as being merely a music fan in the confidence of being an audiophile.

If it were me, I would not use a DAC for a TT, since they're very different animals, but there will be a day soon where I'll be scouting for an outboard DAC. I still have to build a work studio in the basement, and then it's some projects around the home (chimney sweep for the coal stove). Ah, priorities suck.

But right now, I'm rebuilding a Dynaco from scratch (slowly) and also slowly building one of Jeremy Epstein's 2A3 creations he's designed (both tube amps of course).

Welcome to the club, as Joe Walsh would say. Enjoy the music.

5. Richard

Richard New Member

Pre/Amps: NAD 114/214 (wish the pre-amp had volume remote)

Integrated amp: Rogers A100

Tuner: Rogers T75 Series 2

CD Player: Phillips CDC 935

TT: MicroSeiki MB 14 - Shure V15 series IV
    (Parastat Record Cleaner)

Speakers: Monitor Audio 1200 Gold Mk II's

Equalizer: MXR Stereo 15 (anyone got a Rane 1/3 octave stereo unit they want to sell?)

Sound meter: Rat Shack

Ref tones: Crown Equalisation LP & MoFi Sound Check cd

Cables: stock & 12 gauge copper

richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.