Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood

Helmer? Who the **** says helmer?

2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Yes, Cameron is back in the fold, the same way he was back in the fold with Alita.

Note: Directed By Tim Miller.

Well, now this is two movies that Cameron didn't direct, while still hard at work on the Avatar sequel.

Linda Hamilton is now 62 and Schwarzenegger is 71.

Emilia Clarke at least is half of Hamilton's age.

Let's see... Carrie Fisher was how old when she did SW VIII?

We seem to be on a new kick hiring geriatric actors/actresses.

I hope Cameron and Lucas are cutting some good deals...

I wonder if the Breakfast Club brat pack would be available to do a Supper Club sequel?

3. SandAndGlass

It was and I think that this is how you needed to look at it.

Clair Danes was well cast for the movie and the machines in modern day looked pretty awesome.

It was good to see Skynet taking over the world in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. And, the ending was fun.

I liked the way they brought back Earl Boen as Dr. Peter Silberman.

I couldn't bring myself to see that one, I just couldn't do it!

Yes she was!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  4. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I LOVE that they're bringing back an older, grizzled Sarah Conner. Linda Hamilton IS Sarah Conner, whether she be 62 or 34. She kicked ass in 1991, and she looks to be kicking some serious ass now.

sunspot42 and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. SandAndGlass

I'm just kidding...

But if any one can kick some a**, it's Linda.

I agree, she was really a bad a** in T2.

I remember her doing the one handed cocking the shotgun thing.

Encuentro likes this.
  6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

7. Deuce66

Trailer

Tree of Life and Vidiot like this.
  8. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Well, this continues to have potential.

Cameron actually involved...check.
    Linda Hamilton back...check.
    Direct sequel to T1 & T2...check.

I am trying to figure out how Arnold could be in this after melting himself at the end of T2. But it appears he has been living a normal life.

sunspot42 likes this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Looks like Terminator: Genisys Part 2. Blegh...

10. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Had to stop watching after a few seconds. Far too much shown in the trailer. Not exactly spoilers in terms of content (obviously there would be run-ins with Terminators), but, spoiling the action far too much.

Karnak likes this.
  11. Takehaniyasubiko

Takehaniyasubiko Forum Resident

The trailer for the new Terminator movie is dumpster fire. It feels like Terminator Genisys all over again! DIDN'T THEY LEARN ANYTHING!? Also, whoever picked that song has the worst taste in music ever. I'd literally prefer it if the new Terminator movie was just Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger sitting at a coffee table and talking for two hours about how Skynet was build. The crap we're getting is just Genisys 2.0: Now Featuring Sarah Connor.

I hate the atmosphere and action scenes, too. There's no suspension of disbelief to any of it anymore. It's more like The Powerpuff Girls: The Live Action Movie. Linda is cool in it all, but that's what actually makes it worse. The new actors seem lame next to her. It's cringe.

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, this terminator is too much like Judgement's tricks. Come up with some new tricks.

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

They needed to go old-school with this flick, utilizing practical effects in conjunction with CGI. Alas, it looks like most contemporary big-budget films. They can use CGI, so they will use CGI whenever they can, and as a consequence, you lose that sense of tangibility and any sense of realism when action is involved.

I love practical effects, and I’m fine with CGI used sparingly in conjunction with practical effects as it was used in T2 and Jurassic Park. But when it’s all CGI all the time, it comes off as cartoonish.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  14. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Was looking forward to this, but the trailer isn't doing anything for me.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Gee, I really enjoyed the trailer. By god, they're not doing anything to disguise the fact that Linda Hamilton looks like death warmed over.

[​IMG]

She's lived a hard, hard life. (Ms. Hamilton will turn 63 in a few months.) But she has undeniable charisma and her acting talent is terrific from what I see.

Arnold ain't no spring chicken either...

[​IMG]

I'm jazzed that Tim Miller directed the film, and I was very unhappy that he clashed with Ryan Reynolds on Deadpool 2 and walked off, because much of what made the first Deadpool movie work so well (getting great reviews and making $780 million worldwide) was due to Miller. I hope he can do the same for the Terminator franchise.

16. Deuce66

No de-aging software in use for this movie that's for sure.

Internet reaction for the trailer is mixed.

Vidiot, SandAndGlass and Encuentro like this.
  17. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Thank goodness for that. It would do a disservice to the character. Sarah is a hardened veteran of the war against the machines in a past-apocalyptic world. The last thing she needs is to be de-aged.

Stormrider77, Walt, Deuce66 and 2 others like this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

MORE TERMINATOR PLS

This is throwing at least elements from the three sequels in a blender. You have:
    1) Liquid metal terminator whose core still appears similar to the original T-800 (a la the female T-X from T3)
    2) Terminator who doesn't know they're a Terminator (a la Marcus from Salvation)*
    3) Old Arnold, although still to be revealed whether this is a Terminator or perhaps one of the original Skynet scientists (a la "Pops" from Genisys)

Gabriel Luna already looks awesome as the killer terminator; definitely has those Robert Patrick vibes.

19. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

The big question is; can The Terminator be terminated?

20. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

Garbagé

bru87tr likes this.
  21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It’s like one of those 3-in-1 Star Wars prequel fan edits. :)

22. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I dunno. Looks alright to me. Unlike the past couple installments, I'd actually drag myself to the theater to see this one.

David Campbell likes this.
  23. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Meh. The trailer doesn't excite me but it didn't turn me off either,so... I guess it's a win. More excited that Linda is back than anything.

I also get the impression that Arnie isn't a T-800. Perhaps he's a scientist or someone else that Skynet eventually uses as a physical template for the 800s flesh coverings.

The rest has potential. I just hope they don't kill off Sarah.

sunspot42 and Encuentro like this.
  24. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

That would be cool, especially if he comes face to face with a T-800.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Cameron and I think Hamilton have said that this movie is "pretending" that none of the sequels after T2 existed, so this is a direct sequel to Terminator 2. Maybe the Arnold in this new movie is not the same robot that got melted at the end of the 1991 film.

At this point, I need de-aging software. I've been joking for years that we need T-shirts that say, "I look better de-focused." :sigh: I'm actually very sympathetic to actors who are keenly aware of their age, and how their look stays young and beautiful in old movies, while they get decrepit in their real lives.

BTW, the first movie I know of where they went in and did a slight defocus on an actor's face to reduce eye lines and bags and forehead wrinkles was for Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 3, back in 2003. That was extremely hip, happening stuff back then. In January of that year, I did the same thing on Aaliyah's face in Queen of the Damned, but that was a fix due to makeup issues (not age at all, since she was only 21 when she did the film and looked great). This took weeks of work back then; now, we could do the same thing 10 times better in a couple of days.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.