The 70s

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

26-28

2. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

Those are the ones I am looking for. I understand they are very rare!

Bob ;)

3. Grant

Very! My guess is that there are only two or three copies on the planet!

4. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

Probably more rare than some of those unreleased DCC Gold test pressings!

Bob ;)

5. GMav

GMav Senior Member

Grant,

I too enjoy the music of the 70's.

Greg

6. Grant

C'mon, Greg, tell us how you really feel!:D

7. GMav

GMav Senior Member

I thought I just did. By the way....I don't recall Rhino issuing volumes 26 thru 28? Do you recall the tracklistings for those? I have the other 25.

Greg

8. Grant

Just kidding around, Greg!;)

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I am loathe to actually count, but I'm sure that more of the music in my collection of CDs/vinyl was originally released in the 70s than any other decade. I turned 13 in 1970, and absorbed just about every popular music genre during the decade--top 40, country rock, disco, jazz fusion, soul/r&b, hard rock, prog rock, punk, new wave, you-name-it. And most of it is still stuck in my head. I consider 1977 to be the greatest year in pop music history--sometime, try making a list of all the great records that came out that year, starting with Rumours and Never Mind the Bullocks.

Now, when do we start talking about the 80s??
    ;)

10. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

It was easy to take a liking to a lot of the stuff comin' out in the 70's. My friends and myself used to try to out do each other by seeing who could "discover" the latest and the greatest new hit on the radio or be the first one to get the just released LP by ELO, Heart or Styx etc. etc.
    Good stuff back then makes for great memories today I'm tellin' ya! :D

11. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

I'd say that about 70% of my music collection is from the late '60's to the mid '70's. I was not fond of the disco and punk music of the late '70's, and unfortunately, a lot of bands that I liked seemed to change with the times in the late '70's also. However, what I remember liking most about the late '70's, was that it was around this time that I discovered used record stores, that also carried tons of still sealed cutout LPs. This was great because I found a lot of great music from the late 60's and early '70's that I had missed out on the first time around, and it kept me from falling into the rut of listening to most of the current popular music, which I was not very fond of.

HeavyDistortion

12. Grant

Well, I vote 1974 as the best year of the 70s.

The 80s thread will start when someone starts it. I like a lot of 80s music but my interest in it falls off 1987-1988. I prefer the soul music of the early 80s up to 1983.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.