The Ahhs in A Day in the Life-Poll*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by adm62, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Any new poll should have the categories
    PAUL (with John and George)
    JOHN (with Paul and George)
    because even a cursory listen to the isolated tape shows there are three voices, one dominates.

Drifter, theMess and Alex D. like this.
  2. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

dunno not seen it, and is it the ahhs they are referring to ?

3. muffmasterh

as indeed are you sir :D

czeskleba likes this.
  4. muffmasterh

works for me !!

5. muffmasterh

nah that's unnecessary complication imho

Lostchord likes this.
  6. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

No it's not, because one would have to vote 'other' in that case, which would tell you nothing

theMess and numer9 like this.
  7. muffmasterh

and his ears, however i know the thread starter has got understandably fed up with this discussion, as a fellow John believer i would ask him to allow this.

8. muffmasterh

no its either John or Paul as the main ahher or both John and Paul, three choices simples. the stuff going on behind is a distraction.

Paulwalrus and coniferouspine like this.
  9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member Thread Starter

And the fact that I have thought it has sounded like John for 40 years which is not exactly an unusual position.

S. P. Honeybunch and muffmasterh like this.
  10. stevenson66g

stevenson66g Hand me my Revolver

It is apt, cos didn't Kennedy go 'aaaah' as well

jtiner likes this.
  11. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

No, I didn't miss it. A new thread/poll might have been interesting, but we figured mods wouldn't allow it and that's exactly what played out. That's why no one else attempted to start a new poll.

As the new thread starter, you should have given all relevant facts and recordings available in the first post.

I have previously said that I wouldn't believe Paul if he said it was John. I would be inclined to think maybe he just forgot. This is because to me, the isolated recording is clearly Paul. However, I did say, if someone asked him to listen to the isolated recording and if he would say something like: "oh yeah, it's John, listen to that! Classic John, there's no way that's me" that might stop and make me think. On the other hand, I do suspect that if he was asked, he would correctly remember that he did the ahhs.

theMess, Paulwalrus, maywitch and 2 others like this.
  12. adm62

Votes since May 26th, i.e. since this thing took off again.

John 121 59% (total 53%)
    Paul 49 24% (total 23%)
    Both 35 17% (total 18%)

Mark E. Moon likes this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Too late... ;)

theMess likes this.
  14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Votes since May 26th from people who have listened to the isolated audio and understand how the song was recorded:

:confused:

nasa09, theMess and 905 like this.
  15. stevenson66g

Yes but some people are saying they cannot change their vote. Not that it will make a great difference I doubt, but that is the point of a new poll rather than the existing one.

16. extravaganza

extravaganza Senior Member

Just for fun, I think a new poll would be mildly interesting if it were framed in such a way that people were responding after listening after listening to the isolated vocal and (possibly) a brief summation of the arguments (there have been some nice ones in this thread) in the leadoff post. For me it has nothing to do with who is actually singing, but in this thread it has been kind of cool to see so many people who had a similar experience to my being blown away by realizing it was Paul after decades of it being a "no brainer" for me that this was John. Since the 90s I thought I was only one of the few that was hearing Paul and wondered WTF?

17. adm62

Watch this space ....

stevenson66g likes this.
  18. stevenson66g

No-one's reading the latter and cloth ears for the former ;)

19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'm watching right now.

20. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

OK, here's what we're going to do. I'll put up a new poll, with a link to adm62's original thread for reference. I would have preferred that muffinmasterh start it, as he is the one that created the thread I merged this morning. But he went off the forum a short time ago, so I hope he doesn't mind if I set it up with adm62's blessing. Hope that's OK with everyone?

theMess, Paulwalrus, jtiner and 2 others like this.
  21. So it's trending at a little more than 2-to-1 in Lennon's favor, just like it did for the first eight years. Not surprising, since despite the claims of the people pushing McCartney, there has been no convincing evidence presented in these 123 pages that it's Paul. Plenty of conjecture and speculation, but no concrete evidence.

adm62 likes this.
  22. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me the E chord in the middle of that bit fits Paul's M.O. more than John's. It's like an extra measure, where the melody takes a little break. Just the sort of thing I would not expect from John.

coniferouspine likes this.
  23. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

It was my position 8 years ago. Thanks to this thread I know now that it's Paul.

Dr.O'Boogie, theMess, supermd and 4 others like this.
  24. muffmasterh

Then your mind is totally closed and there is no point further engaging with you further if you would not even believe Paul if it didn't agree with your ears. On the other hand If Paul said it was him I'd happily accept it.

25. adm62

Congratulations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.