The Allman Brothers Fillmore Concerts BluRay set 16.62. At Amazon now

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by [email protected], Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

How is that ? They are $66 now

SJP likes this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Someone ordered 2 of the deluxe CD sets for $25 a piece!

On another note, I thought I was an early adopter of the Allman Brothers blu-ray pricing but I waited patiently for a shipment notice while y'all got yours delivered. Well mine finally arrived today!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    aoxomoxoa likes this.
  3. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Aw #$%@!@@#. I see my mistake. Gotta go cancel. Dammit!!!

aoxomoxoa and SJP like this.
  4. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

Received my copy today. Thank you PNeski for sharing this great deal with us. I look forward to some Allman Bros. playing live in my living room.

Myke and Jimijam like this.
  5. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Got a message today that mine was "lost" and they were issuing me a refund and suggested that I reorder it. I replied by asking if they would credit me for the $50+ price difference. Not happy. Oh well!

6. If you pressed customer service, they'd reorder the item for you at the original price.

longdist01 likes this.
  7. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

Mine almost got lost right before it hit my mailbox. It apparently cut a large hole through the plastic packaging during shipping and fell out onto the mail truck floor as he was putting it into the mailbox. Luckily the mailman noticed it and hand-delivered it to the door.

longdist01 likes this.
  8. My order arrived, what a deal.

9. allbrosca

Yes. Trying to work that out. I reordered and they have said they will credit me for the difference, but delivery date is estimated to be well in the future. We shall see what happens@

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Got mine yesterday :thumbsup:

11. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Deal of the year. Enjoying it now!

ceddy10165 and Myke like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Me too !!

13. allbrosca

LOL. Got my refund, Amazon agreed to refund the difference, reordered and lo and behold my lost order showed up this afternoon. (I let them know and told them they could cancel the new order or I would take it and save it for a great Christmas gift Maybe to the lucky one who got my $16 Beatles white album 50th this Christmas :) )

14. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Heh - after ordering three months ago and waiting 2+ months for the replacement set (and not really expecting it for another 2+ months at least!), I *just* got an email from Amazon saying the set will arrive Monday. :cool:

If it somehow "gets damaged" again right before it hits my door, I will not only pitch a fit but will know not to have any other Allman-related merchandise delivered as the UPS guy clearly must be a fan!

ODShowtime likes this.
  15. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. It really is a great set.

longdist01, SJP and ODShowtime like this.
  16. putz

putz Forum Resident

Just got my shipping notice today. Ordered 12-28-18, $16.84

17. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

:shake::shake::shake: I've heard it on another person's player (it does sound great), but none of the 3 discs will play on my Oppo 95. It just hangs on "loading". In fact it somehow temporarily messed up the on board computer; it took me around 3 days of power cycling & "factory resets" to get the Oppo working normally again. I looked at the copyguards on a pc; the problem (which a small % of others have also experienced) appears to me to be in the authoring: some sort of fake bad sectors in the TOC that apparently Oppo & some others didn't update the firmware to cope with (The current VLC has issues with it on my computer also). I have heard that the 20.x & some 10.x Oppo's will play the set.

I have big issues with these stoopid copyguards; they don't stop pirates in the least, but they at times cause legit consumers major headaches. I have read that dvd is still outselling blu. I believe that with the entry level pricing of players having dropped to under $50, the plethora of cheap blu's at most b&m stores that still carry movies (Dollar Tree even gets decent titles for $1.00 on blu!) & the backwards compatibility with dvd, that the obnoxious copyguards (requiring constant firmware updates, enabling lots of User prohibitions like forcing one to watch previews, being able to push stop & resume playback from the same place varying from disc to disc, etc) have really damaged the marketability of the format. The quality is so much higher than dvd, they should have killed off dvd long ago, like dvd did to VHS.

I missed the $16 sale (didn't know about it until seeing this thread) & spent $42 for mine with tax & shipping. I am irritated that it's worthless to me.

End of rant. :shake::shake::shake:

allbrosca likes this.
  18. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Sorry to hear that you're having this problem. Are you able to play other Blu-ray discs on the 95? Do you have any trouble getting it to recognize the DSD layer on hybrid SACDs?

19. This is a common rant I see which I have never responded to previously but I completely disagree with it. Copy protection does prevent me from copying Blu-ray discs and I suspect millions of other people as well. I routinely copy CDs to iTunes or CDRs for car use but have never once in my life copied a DVD or Blu-ray disc, I don't have the software or other means to do that because the DMCA makes it illegal to defeat digital copy protection to do so. No copy protection on CDs, no problem for me so I guess I am a CD pirate but my position is I am doing it legally. Yes Blu-ray discs and DVDs are copied despite the copy protection, illegally in the USA because of digital copy protection. If the owners of the copyright protected property on Blu-ray discs want that protection, I feel that is their right, I can buy it or not, my choice.

I do own this set but haven't yet played it and since I own several players, I am confident I will be able to play it when I do. My Oppo BDP-93 will likely choke on it based on what you have disclosed. There have been a few issues like this over the years with the thousands of Blu-ray discs I have played and I do agree it is usually as a result of copy protection, a nuisance which I wish I didn't have to deal with but it is so rare, I do deal with it.

20. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

It plays without any problems on my Oppo BDP-103D. Sucks to learn that it's copy-protected, though. My BDP is not in an audio system, so I would prefer to rip to files to play.

I received mine in February, but with the box nearly folded in half, so it's almost destroyed. Somehow the discs survived (checked them all) — the fold happened right against the edges of the discs. For that price, and since I ordered cross-border, I didn't return it, but Amazon did refund the shipping cost, for the obviously inadequate packaging (just a padded mailer).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    longdist01 likes this.
  21. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

It also plays flawlessly on my Oppo BDP-83SE.

22. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Plays without problem on my Pioneer Blu-Ray drive/ Mytek DAC/ Surface Pro 3 or 4

23. It plays fine on an old Sony PS3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.