The band I’m in Hazy Daze... reimagining ‘60s psychedelic rock.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Twelvepitch, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twelvepitch

Twelvepitch Musician and analog enthusiast Thread Starter

Hi guys.
    I met our keyboardist, Drake at a small venue close to Wetumpka, Alabama in September of last year. He and I decided to start up a band, and he brought along his friend Michael to play bass with us. When COVID-19 came around, we took a long hiatus, and we had trouble finding a drummer. Then, in June, by sheer accident and word of mouth, I found our drummer, Isaac on Facebook. That was the birth of Hazy Daze. We’re currently recording our debut album, Pleistocene Dreams now. Here’s two songs we recorded in our studio, Candy Cane being hard rock, and Old Times (Like Those) being country rock.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Twelvepitch

3. Twelvepitch

4. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

I like it! Sounds more like 60s Garage/Fuzz than Hard Rock to me, but nothin' wrong with that!:righton:

Twelvepitch likes this.
  5. Twelvepitch

I agree with that! More like proto-punk!

geo50000 likes this.
  6. Twelvepitch

Bump. We have some more tunes coming out in a month!

905 and Buddybud like this.
  7. Twelvepitch

8. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

Well what to say !? Coming from very very far away in psychedelia, I can safely say you guys have defined your own brand of psych music....great job in combining typical psych guitar picks with grungy vocals, but at the same time not falling into the harmonic trap of modern "stoner" rock.

Twelvepitch likes this.
  9. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Good stuff. Nice one! :righton:

Twelvepitch likes this.
  10. Twelvepitch

Hazy Daze bump! We're back after the holidays to recording great music and gigging!

11. Twelvepitch

Bad news. We broke up. We enjoyed it while it lasted.

12. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

That's a great shame. Here's hoping your next band is just as good but far longer lasting! :righton:

Twelvepitch likes this.
  13. changeling69

changeling69 WorldCitizen

Pity. Good luck for the future :)

carlwm likes this.
  14. Peter Mork

Peter Mork Forum Resident

Candy Cane: really a good song. If you never heard it, listen to Plan 9 and their Dealing with the Dead album, a 90s group from Rhode Island that hit the psychedelic button and hit it hard.
    Old Times: more like a B side, but a good one, like you might hear on a Strawberry Alarm Clock 45.
    Plastered Dinosaurs: oops, looks like it's gone from Soundcloud.
    Only suggestion, the vocals on Candy Cane needed work. But if you ever heard old Doors demos, Jim wasn't terribly distinctive in the beginning either.

Yes, I know you broke up; I hope your next project continues in this vein - I like it.

Twelvepitch likes this.
  15. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Demo bands need own section

16. Twelvepitch

Howdy!
    Thanks so much! I wrote Candy Cane as a joke song back in early 2020. I never intended it to even be a legitimate “song” until I tweaked on it a good bit and made it into a crazed garage rock number.
    Old Times was written by our bassist in June 2020 I think. He is an amazing songwriter in my opinion.
    I think he was going for a blue eyed soul mixed in with folk rock vibe on that one.
    Hazy Daze recorded those two songs for a planned EP and another album entitled “Pleistocene Dreams,” but due to scheduling issues, things started to get tense.
    I had very high hopes for the group due to mutual contacts and our unique and tight sound.
    Later on, things got even more tense and we decided to call it quits for good.
    This is “Pleistocene Dreams,” the full length album we had planned to record, but I did my own version of it and basically took up the shambles/reel to reel tape/digital DAW demos from our sessions and made something out of it.
    I wrote and recorded a few new tracks for the album in July 2021 and tracked them to my 16 track TASCAM MS-16 1” reel to reel tape recorder
    I wrote everything on the record with my dad supplying lyrics for 4 of the songs.
    I’m working on yet another album and more singles soon.
    My voice changed considerably since this album’s sessions, thankfully.
    That’s what age will do a person my age.
    Anyhow. Thanks for your comment!
    -Ryan
    Pleistocene Dreams

17. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

@Twelvepitch Sorry to hear about the breakup of your band Ryan. I checked out Pleistocene Dreams and really liked it. Keep us updated on what you are up to, good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.