The Beatles 1 and 1+ : DVD, Blu-ray, CD, Vinyl releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abbeyrdsteve, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Steve, what are you leaning more towards? "1" on video, or a "2" collection?

I'm guessing a "1" video release...

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The countdown "stops" at #2.....Maybe a Beatles 2 CD? There was a Elvis "2" CD so maybe.

theMess likes this.
  3. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I would have been all over this 10 years ago!

4. Doug Sulpy

Doug Sulpy Forum Resident

And your alternative is... what, exactly? Buy whatever Apple puts up for sale and keep your mouth shut?

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

DVD is over a decade too late, but the proper blu-ray from film elements will be a jaw dropper that everyone of this forum should be clamoring.

other features that it could have:
    -film outtakes
    -Paul & Ringo commentary
    -new surround mixes(plus keep the original mixes intact)

This release could be indirectly used as a teaser for future releases of most of the catalog in surround, LIB blu-ray, SHEA blu-ray and maybe some future deluxe editions with all the studio outtakes.

6. bhazen

bhazen ANNOYING BEATLES FAN

I received this teaser video from the Beatles' webpage this morning, complete with hashtag ... and I remain none the wiser.

7. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Aren't the Beatles are already pretty well-served for compilations on CD, what with 1 and the red and blue albums, obviously, but also Past Masters, the Yellow Sub Songtrack, Love, or (heh, heh) the Stereo and Mono boxes? Since they only had 13 albums, and since their hits are pretty easily locatable on the main comps, I think their situation is not quite comparable to Elvis Presley's, whose catalogue is more difficult to navigate for the uninitiated. That doesn't mean that Apple doesn't have a 2 up its sleeve, but that, if so, it's pretty much a big nothing burger for Christmas. Just my "2" cents, of course...

I also think that the media world will look back on the Beatles U.S. Albums box from last time and, if given only a 2 comp this year, they will immediately downgrade the value of future Apple hype. If the Beatles were asking for us to open our wallets once again, I think they would risk some amount of their fund of goodwill by only offering a useless 2 comp right after the marginal returns of the U.S. Albums box.

I'm expecting a DVD of promo films, but would prefer a Live package or a re-imagined Anthology series.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Mark Wilson likes this.
  8. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Where are the 2 other songs? Can you post a link?

9. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

More or less, yes. Certainly not telling you or anyone else what to do or not do, but I will likely buy whatever it is Apple puts out - am I sucker as a result? Possibly, but it's been pretty much that way since I was a little kid in the late 60's. I'm not getting any younger, and am as frustrated as you likely are with what's been, or not been released to-date (Shea Stadium 50th anniversary comes to mind immediately). But, that said, I'd rather have something than nothing.

forthlin likes this.
  10. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

No. You missed the point.

Never mind, dude.

11. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

You're totally right. But that's Apple doing business...

12. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Hoping that it will include new stereo mixes. I am a sucker for even more mix variations :)

Onder likes this.
  13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

They'd have to load it with a whole lot of videos for it to sell to consumers in 2015. This is something that they should have been selling on DVD back in the early 2000's.

Lost In The Flood and JimC like this.
  14. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Apple and the Beatles always seem to be late for the party.

15. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

And at times they don't seem to care there is a party.

16. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I hope for a blu-ray of ALL the promos in the correct aspect ratio. Original mixes where possible. But also with surround mixes.

Then, Anthology needs a complete restoration for the HD and 4K age.

Then, finally, Let It Be with lots of out takes.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  17. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

:-popcorn::-popcorn::-popcorn:

the beave

and awwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy we go!!

18. Slokes

Slokes Cruel But Fair

This has been true since the 1986 CDs came out, but it never has affected them as negatively as you'd expect. I am thinking Blu-Ray promo clip collection in surround sound. Has there been any pulling down of the YouTube content? I noticed "Hey Bulldog" was taken down...

19. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

I very much doubt that you will get a sensible answer.

20. The Beave

21. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I'm thinking a complete collection of promo videos with a big APPLE watermark over the whole screen.

EddieMann, Peter_R, Yayastone and 6 others like this.
  22. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Actually, it will be a REVOLVER TV watermark because they wound up getting it from him.

Jimbo62 and Boris number 9 like this.
  23. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

[QUOTE="Dee Zee, post: 12978588, member: 44433"]I hope for a blu-ray of the promos in the correct aspect ratio. Original mixes where possible. But also with surround mixes.

Then, Anthology needs a complete restoration for the HD and 4K age.

Then, finally, Let It Be with lots of out takes.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you in spirit Dee Zee, I've bolded what I think we'll get. Inevitably one or more promos will be excluded, and they are unlikely to provide any audio options beyond a choice of mono or stereo. I wouldn't hold my breath on the correct aspect ration, surround mixes, any Anthology upgrades (too expensive), or Let It Be.

24. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

25. The Beave

Well, what we DO KNOW is SOMETHING is coming out.
    So that's pretty exciting isn't it?????
    I'm just going to keep it playing on my pc.
    the beave

petem1966 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.