THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident Thread Starter

New Film Project
    We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson
    The new film will be based around 55 hours of never-released footage of The Beatles in the studio, shot between January 2nd and January 31st, 1969. These studio sessions produced The Beatles’ Grammy Award winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award winning title song. The album was eventually released 18 months later in May 1970, several months after the band had broken up.

The filming was originally intended for a planned TV special, but organically turned into something completely different, climaxing with The Beatles’ legendary performance on the roof of Apple's Savile Row London office — which took place exactly 50 years ago today.

Peter Jackson said, "The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about."

“I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

theMess, Sean, dynamohum and 37 others like this.
  2. Brian_Mogul

Brian_Mogul Cavendish Ave Enthusiast

Announcement just sent out.

ognirats and pscreed like this.
  3. Denise Norris

Denise Norris This Is Probably A Beatles Thread

Just announced

NEW FILM PROJECT: Announcing an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson

New Film Project
    We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration between The Beatles and the acclaimed Academy Award winning director Sir Peter Jackson

The new film will be based around 55 hours of never-released footage of The Beatles in the studio, shot between January 2nd and January 31st, 1969. These studio sessions produced The Beatles’ Grammy Award winning album Let It Be, with its Academy Award winning title song. The album was eventually released 18 months later in May 1970, several months after the band had broken up.

The filming was originally intended for a planned TV special, but organically turned into something completely different, climaxing with The Beatles’ legendary performance on the roof of Apple's Savile Row London office — which took place exactly 50 years ago today.

Peter Jackson said, "The 55 hours of never-before-seen footage and 140 hours of audio made available to us, ensures this movie will be the ultimate ‘fly on the wall’ experience that Beatles fans have long dreamt about."

“I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

Sean, ognirats, tug_of_war and 7 others like this.
  4. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Super exciting !!!

My precious !!!

ognirats, ODIrony, cporcp and 4 others like this.
  5. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident Thread Starter

6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Cool

Cryptical17 and ognirats like this.
  7. ODIrony

ODIrony Forum Resident

I just want to say here, "WOOHOO!":pineapple:

ognirats, RickH, vince and 3 others like this.
  8. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

Plus ... „Following the release of this new film, a restored version of the original Let It Be movie directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg will also be made available“. (From The Beatles‘ homepage).

ognirats, paulisdead, dee and 15 others like this.
  9. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

Yay...great news!

ognirats likes this.
  10. tcbtcb

tcbtcb Forum Resident

Wow--cool!!

ognirats likes this.
  11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

About F****** F****** F****** time

Sean, ognirats, tug_of_war and 8 others like this.
  12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

13. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

This

Sean, ognirats, joy stinson and 2 others like this.
  14. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Lord of the Ringos

Sean, joy stinson, ramdom and 45 others like this.
  15. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

About bloody time

16. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

The untitled film... There's only one title that the film should be named.. GET BACK!!!

And I want the whole 55 hours available!!!

17. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

$999.99 price tag

ognirats, dee, ZippyPippy and 3 others like this.
  18. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Do you hear that noise off in the distance? That was the sound of my bank account crying hysterically.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  19. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Let It Be Now!

ognirats and FVDnz like this.
  20. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Looks like it will be released to coincide with Let It Be 50 Super Deluxe Set in 2020

ognirats, Wingsfan2012, Bern and 3 others like this.
  21. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

And now we know what is being released in spring 2020 for Let It Be's 50th anniversary.

22. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

Right. 3D/60 fps.

23. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Fantastic News! I hope they round the movie off with the Roof Top Concert in it's entirety!

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

FINALLY!!!!!!!! :goodie::goodie::goodie:

ognirats, alexpop and tug_of_war like this.
  25. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Is it April Fools already?