THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Royce

Royce Senior Member

Oh man.....Wait till everyone wakes up and sees THIS!!!
    A Beatle bomb will be going off any time now! Woo-Hoo! :bdance:

2. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

This is extremely positive news! What he has discovered seems very promising, finally the negative myths surrounding the Get Back project hopefully will come to an end!

Peter Jackson: “I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” continues Jackson, “it’s simply an amazing historical treasure-trove. Sure, there’s moments of drama - but none of the discord this project has long been associated with. Watching John, Paul, George, and Ringo work together, creating now-classic songs from scratch, is not only fascinating - it’s funny, uplifting and surprisingly intimate”.

"I’m thrilled and honoured to have been entrusted with this remarkable footage - making the movie will be a sheer joy.”

IronWaffle likes this.
  3. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

This has made my year.

bewareofchairs and abzach like this.
  4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

WOW!
    I'd pay to watch him (and his team) just WORKING on it!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

Brilliant

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

According to one of the articles, He's already WATCHED ALL the material already!!!
    Picture the man, on his sofa, going through hour after hour of footage......:drool::laugh:

ceddy10165 likes this.
  7. ODIrony

ODIrony Forum Resident

8. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

I have the utmost faith in Peter Jackson as a filmmaker.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  9. MarkTWIC

MarkTWIC Forum Resident

The story for me is: The Beatles are filmed for a TV documentary with a back to the roots theme. They have some sessions in Twickenham studios that don't go well in an environment that really isn't conducive to what they're trying to achieve and are a little fractious by the end. They return to a proper studio with the addition of Billy Preston, rescue the project and finish with an iconic rooftop concert. I don't think the film narrative has to be very much more complicated than that. You could do a little background about what was happening to The Beatles and even the world away from the studio but it all has to build up to that final live appearance.

IronWaffle likes this.
  10. MarkTWIC

MarkTWIC Forum Resident

I don't think the Lord of the Rings trilogy has aged at all well. I loved it at the time but very soon after I found I just couldn't watch the darned things again on DVD at all. There's one battle scene in particular that goes on and on and on. The CGI that at first seemed so wonderful suddenly didn't look so good. The films are just way too long. That's probably why I have my reservations.

11. MarkTWIC

MarkTWIC Forum Resident

You could also do a number of mini-documentaries for the DVD. How the Beatles went about recording things in 1969, a documentary about how things stood between the Beatles in 1969, a best of the rest recordings. I'm not up for hours of footage as some seem to be although as a stream there seems no limit as to what could be made available.

12. David Austin

David Austin Eclectically Coastal

13. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

For those of you who haven't seen last Jackson's documentary on WW1, They Shall Not Grow Old, do so now. This alone should get one excited for anything he touches that involves restoration of old film.

14. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

I have not read or heard anything about Peter Jackson's personal opinion of The Beatles music, is he a fan? If so is he a casual fan or the real thing?

15. Magic

Magic I'm just this guy, ya know?

Having just seen his WW1 documentary I would think this should be epic.

Chris DeVoe and vince like this.
  16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thank you Peter Jackson you are a cinematic alchemist.

17. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm assuming Jackson was chosen for his history of big films with lots of footage to put together.

Saw the Blu-ray cuts as a special Fathom presentation in the theater before the discs came out. The CGI holds up wonderfully, even the very risky (at the time) and very expressive Gollum.

18. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Is there a press release?

Plan9, superstar19, Nobby and 2 others like this.
  19. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

20. Bern

Bern JC4Me

I want to see who won the John/George fist fight.

Still not sure the original edit will be re-released. What they say...and what actually happens don't always align. One of the worst edited films of all time.

21. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Sounds good. Looking forward to it. Late period Beatles (1968-1970) is my favorite Beatles and I'll probably be shelling out for the super deluxe set for this.

22. MarkTWIC

MarkTWIC Forum Resident

I wasn't thinking of Gollum but more some of the other monsters and the castle. But it's only my opinion. Perhaps I just no longer bought into that kind of film anymore. But anyhow we'll see what happens with the new Beatles film. It has the potential to be stunning.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  23. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

OK BIG Question:

Will this film receive its own soundtrack (CD/LP release)?

Or will this film project stand on its own and not affect any potential LIB50 Remix/Box Set plans for 2020?

Or does this film project indicate that THIS is Apple's big anniversary project for Let it Be, and the original album won't be touched or re-issued in 2020?

*LOVE that they timed the press release with the rooftop concert anniversary. Nice touch!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    YpsiGypsy likes this.
  24. empirelvr

empirelvr "That's *just* the way it IS!" - Paul Anka

Jackson's quote doesn't surprise me. There have been many who said Allen Klein purposefully had Michael Lindsey-Hogg edit "Let It Be" to make Paul look as bad as possible without caring how it made everyone else look in the film.

abzach likes this.
  25. Smash

Smash Forum Resident