THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Like everyone, I'm very curious to know what may have been recorded properly during the Twickenham rehearsals. The Nagra mixes are variable at best. I doubt they'll include all the takes of the Rooftop Concert, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

The only thing I could see Apple cutting from the rooftop show is possibly the 3rd and final version of "Get Back." It's already included on Anthology 3, and because their instruments were being unplugged and the band was being bothered, it's a very ragged performance. Other than, that the two complete versions of "Get Back", the two versions of "Don't Let Me Down," as well as "One after 909", "I've Got a Feeling" and "Dig a Pony" are all essential. That's 7 tracks. Hopefully we get the short busked versions of "I Want You" and "God Save the Queen" as well, to make it 9 tracks total.

3. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Since this is going to be a Peter Jackson film and they have 55 hours of material to work with I predict the film run time will be 55 hours.

4. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Genius.

A running gag on SHF that's at least 9 and a half years old!

Plan9 likes this.
  5. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Too much info to process, the 'news' from today is actually OLD news, even Paul himself told everyone about it September 2018 during a radio interview in Quebec City, a new edit of the footage and to be released "in one or two years". Peter Jackson directing it it's the only new info revealed today, Abbey Road 50th for 2019 and Let it Be 50th for 2020 that's the plan (or was) and we've said that since Pepper 50th I think, now let's see if they switch places but with the upcoming Egypt Station Super Deluxe (announcement and pre-sale also delayed since December 9, 2018 and we don't have any new info about that yet except "soon") , the rumored Macca catalogue reissues and the Archives for the end of the year and rumored another Lennon or Harrison project, I doubt two Beatle box sets could be released this 2019. The news about Let it Be due in 2020 came actually since 2011 when a list of forthcoming projects was revealed which included: MMT box set, Hollywood Bowl and a new volume type of Anthology 4 that never happened but transformed into the '50th anniversary' box sets. She Stadium was also included as a Beatle product and not just on the big screen but that delay became due to some copyright issues.
    Sadly in 2011 I didn't do comments on social media and I don't have a recording of my meetings with other Beatle people telling them every time they've asked me about 'when Let it Be?, my answer was: in 2020!. Now let's wait. Do you know there was also going to be a Sgt Pepper 30th Anniversary release that was cancelled even when artworks and advance tapes (digital cassette) were made?:righton:
    Regards to all.

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

yeah but it will probably be 2 versions,

Trilogy of Theatrical cut & Extended cut.

Apple will be milking the cow...

7. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Early Las Vegas book on the over/under for the running time of the Peter Jackson movie is 3 hours, 15 minutes

8. FredV

FredV Senior Member

9. The entire rooftop thing was 30 minutes

10. Bern

Bern JC4Me

To my knowledge..NOTHING was properly recorded at Twickenham.....

seacliffe301 and ronbow like this.
  11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Everything I’ve read says it was 42 minutes.

12. Well cool then. I was quoting photographer Ethan Russell who shot all the images we see. He posted this today on his Instagram page as he was there. But maybe just his estimate

Edit. My mistake. I see he meant they did it all in 30 days. Getting it together.

[​IMG]

13. Let us remember who did it first :tiphat:

14. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Thanks for all the new bread crumbs, Mike -- should be an interesting and eventful couple of years. The 30th Anniversary Pepper is pretty well-known by fans, if you're talking about the mono / stereo remaster done by Greg Calbi and Geoff Emerick that went as far as the mock-up stage before being scuttled in 1997.

Going to feel like a loooooong wait for Abbey Road 50 ... but at the moment I'm more excited about the Super Deluxe Egypt Station, which I assume will be the first released among all the things you hinted at, yes?

mikecarrera likes this.
  15. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

sounds great, I'm ready to pre-order [​IMG]

16. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

Wow, thanks for that. Can you elaborate?
    And the following year we got the WA30th CD

17. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have just a BIG doubt:
    This Jackson's project will be a documentary in the style of "Eight days a week" by Ron Howard (with guests and various "talking heads" talking about the subject) or it will be an alternative-new-different cut for the old Let it be movie using the huge amount of alternative sources (e.g. the 55 hours of unused footage) to produce a different movie about the Get Back project?
    (just for the record, I prefer the second option)

BDC and YpsiGypsy like this.
  18. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Option 2. No doubt.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

How many actual rooftop hours is there?

20. 40 minutes or so. Except multi camera could double or triple that.

alexpop likes this.
  21. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

Just saw the news come in! This sounds very exciting indeed and I can't wait to see the final product from Peter Jackson. Honestly, I'm relieved to see that Whoopi Goldberg is not involved this time. ;)

stereoguy and t-man 54 like this.
  22. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Same music /different camera angles.

23. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I hope "Let It Be" comes first (because it did). "Abbey Road" should be last in line. :whistle:

andrewskyDE and kevintee like this.
  24. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

This is the one Beatles release I have been waiting for.

One sweet dream came true today!

andrewskyDE, Who Cares and vince like this.
  25. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Hmmm...sounds like Abbey Road to me......:)