The Beatles - Let It Be Special Edition Vinyl Box Set - $54 at Popmarket

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Apr 15, 2023.

1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

AnalogJ likes this.
  2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

3. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

4. Swordsandchains

Popmarket is fine, ive never had an issue. Its the same exact as Deep Discount and Import CDs, its all owned and operated by Alliance.

jim249 likes this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

SJP and Swordsandchains like this.
  6. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

No Let It Be Naked included? Am I missing something?

7. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

8. AnalogJ

The original Get Back album is included. It was how Glyn Johns originally conceived it.

throwupmyhands likes this.
  9. Swordsandchains

Ive got the cd set which i think is the perfect format for these kind of boxes

davers likes this.
  10. AnalogJ

If you're happy with CD sound and presentation. I like holding LPs. If I recall correctly, the included book is of a smaller size than the one included with the LP set.

11. Swordsandchains

just giving my opinion for stuff with alternate takes, demos, outtakes, banter and such, i think it just makes more sense to have on cd for skipping certain takes. I like holding Lps too.

AnalogJ and Mister Charlie like this.
  12. DigMyGroove

No need for this thread, really?
    This section is where deals are mentioned for the benefit of those who might wish to purchase the item. That has nothing to do with a mention of the deal buried within other threads that a reader might stumble on inadvertently.

TwiceFan, srsch, JMR and 5 others like this.
  13. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

It’s cheaper at WalMart from the same company. $35.88. This price has yo-yoed here though so it might not be for long.

The Beatles - Let It Be (5LP) - Vinyl
    Robot or human?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    Swordsandchains and cowboy72 like this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

There are deal threads for those who care about deals in general. There are deal threads for the different platforms. This deal was also mentioned in the discussion of the let it be box set thread.

We don't need willy-nilly deal threads because some particular item is of interest to you and you don't want to be bothered looking at any of the other threads.

Not to mention, that the point of this thread is a deal that isn't even that good since the box is available for far less on other platforms, as already described in those other threads.

15. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Willy-nilly? OK boss, thanks for setting us straight. Love the Forum Experts here! IGNORE!

ggergm, Myke and jim249 like this.
  16. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I only found out about the deal by entering one of those "price and shipping" only threads by accident. If someone who usually can't afford these deluxe sets scores one from reading this thread it will be very much worth your discomfiture.

DigMyGroove and jim249 like this.
  17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If everyone posted every discounted item they found with a separate thread, this forum would be worthless.

That's why there are deals threads for the various platforms.

18. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Prices must have been reset this morning. No more cheap ones.

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm still seeing $54.00 on Pop Market.

20. DigMyGroove

You assume members are still regularly looking for sale information in a thread devoted to a release that occurred on October 15, 2021? While I certainly spent time reading the Let It Be thread back then, it now being 2023 I’ve moved on. I guess this is shocking to you, so be it.

The fact is, $54 with free shipping for a box set that went for far, far more from a legit retailer is a very good deal. Also good is learning that it may be found for a few dollars less elsewhere. That wouldn’t have occurred had I not posted this thread, the intention of which is to be helpful to other Forum members.

I had seen the Let It Be vinyl box set on EBay for less but was leery of it being counterfeit, a suspicion that’s warranted given all the fakes found there, i.e. The Beatles in Mono CD box set. Generally, on that site seeing goods priced to good to be true is because it’s a scam.

Jkozy and jim249 like this.
  21. DigMyGroove

Now at $119.97!:cry:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I and many others here have been buying from Import CDs eBay arm for many, many years ( were they in existence 13 years ago when I joined this forum ? ) and have never had a problem with bootlegs.

23. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Now $35.88 with free shipping.

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  24. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Oof, just paid $79 at Acoustic Sounds thinking that was a good deal. Not sure it'll ever get cheaper than $54. That's basically $11 per record...

25. DigMyGroove

YOWZA! I’m getting whiplash!!!

jim249 likes this.