The Beatles 'Magical Mystery Tour' Super Deluxe Speculative Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I don't think this will happen, we have at least the (restored) film and soundtrack EP in one cool looking box.
    Apple would skip that and could focus on something like a White Album anniversary box set, if the recently announced Sgt Pepper box is a well selling item in the general public.

Plan9 likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Inspired idea. :)

But, i' think there going to skip this and maybe even the White album to work on Abbey Road.

Hope I'm wrong

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. jeighson1

jeighson1 Forum Resident

What on Earth is meant by this?

There's a version of "Fool On The Hill" that's 90 seconds longer??

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

90 more "round and"s

5. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I just bought a deluxe MMT for $34 on eBay. I see the replica EP cover is a side loaded. I have an actual MMT EP and it's a top loader. Does any one have the details on the EP? Maybe the Spizer book.

6. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'd get it just to have Paul's vest sweater ... ;)

WilliamWes and Mlle. Aurora like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

I also presume that the background music to that humorous video clip is the song "Magical Mystery Tour" played backwards. It sounded pretty interesting.

9. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

It will be pressed as a bonus track into the inner groove. Because of its length it will also continue to run into the paper label.

Arnold Grove likes this.
  10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Why, I do believe that's a 'sleeveless jumper'.

11. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

I want this so bad.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  12. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

I always thought of MMT as sort of sides 3 and 4 of Sgt Pepper. The songs aren't quite as strong but it's still The Beatles at their psychedelic best. I'd like to see demos/outtakes of all the songs like they did for the Pepper Deluxe. There are some great tunes like the piano/drums/organ instrumental of Hello Hello (before it was Hello Goodbye) that as far as I know has not had an official release. They could also have the pre-orchestra take of All You Need is Love followed by the Steve Rice intro and then the final live broadcast take. Basically a high-quality audio version of what was heard during the original Our World (or whatever it was called) program. There are also lots of incidental bits of music that were never released like the orchestra version of All My Loving (it's not The Beatles of course but it's good enough to include as a special package, I like it better than some of the Yellow Sub orchestra songs). And then there are the sing-alongs on the bus like Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye, and other things like Sadie's Wild Accordion that have basically just been left in the vaults. Overall it would be a thinner package than the Pepper Deluxe and it doesn't have anywhere near the cultural impact of Pepper but a deluxe treatment would be very enjoyable. For video they could just slap an existing copy of the DVD and/or Bluray into the package, or if they want to skip the official movie, they could include some cut scenes and the full high-quality video of the Our World broadcast. There must be a few missing scenes that we never got to see because some of the pictures show stuff that was not seen in the movie. I'd also like to see an interview with the artist who did the comic book! I don't even know who he (or she) is but I've read that comic 1000 times and would love to know more about who created it. They could also have pics and info about the vehicles used in the film (the MMT bus and George's psychedelic mini), I have no idea where they wound up and would like to know. It'd be a shame if that bus wound up in the car crusher.

I guess it's obvious that I'd be happy with any deluxe editions after hearing the great job (in my opinion) that was done with Pepper, but I'm not sure if MMT will merit the same kind of attention. But maybe Apple was paying attention when the Pepper Box shot to the "top of the charts" even before it was released and perhaps they will finally realize that there is massive public interest in the archival material.

13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I would love to see it (my favorite Beatles album) but I doubt it would happen since they included Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever in the Sgt Pepper box.

14. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

If they give magical mystery tour the same treatment as they gave the pepper box regarding material and packaging I'll die happy.

John Porcellino likes this.
  15. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Plus with new remixes of PL and SFF on the Pepper set, and as you said the EP already reissued in a box, that leaves only three songs that haven't been more recently updated.
    And even those three got the 09 treatment.

16. Arnold Grove

You are confusing Sadie and Shirley! It's "Shirley's Wild Accordion" (because the accordion player's name was indeed "Shirley").

Sadie was a bit sexier though ... ;)

17. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Yeah, Maharishi was fine :cool:

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  18. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

You mean it isn't "Sexy Shirley"? :winkgrin:

Arnold Grove likes this.
  19. Arnold Grove

It depends --- if you are into garters and accordions ... ;)

20. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Here you go...

21. Arnold Grove

Uhhhh.... NOT sexy.

DRM likes this.
  22. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

No argument there...

23. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I hope there's at least TWO discs of takes of Your Mother Should Know (remixes would be fine, get a 20 minute version of that gem) and I hope it costs over $150, let's beat Sgt. Pepper in that regard.

24. meanoldman

meanoldman Forum Resident

Yeah there has to be a lot of Rubber Soul outtakes. I think the only one ever to make it to bootleg is "Run for your Life".

AudiophilePhil likes this.
  25. meanoldman

meanoldman Forum Resident

If they put it on Blu-Ray they should go ahead and let us see Cutie's boobs.

phillyal1 and DRM like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.