THE BEATLES -"GET BACK" film directed by Peter Jackson on Disney+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sfligio, Jan 30, 2019.

1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

BluesOvertookMe and Peter_R like this.
  2. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Is it a credible source with a track record?
    Otherwise, it's just some schlub with a camera and an opinion.

3. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

You could buy the “get back” book they are releasing!

4. ODIrony

ODIrony Forum Resident

I've no clue. I just did a search for Beatles Get Back movie with a filter of last hour.

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Disney will be DEBUTING the film exclusively. But certainly there will be a DVD/Bluray release down the line.

6. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Finally, something to replace the "fireplace video" on your TV screen during the holidays!

7. sixtieswerebest

sixtieswerebest Forum Resident

So I guess they'll be making some money on Disney plus this fall when everybody has to sign up to watch this thing. I just checked my Roku box for this Disney plus and they don't offer a 7-Day free trial but it's 7.99 for a month so it'll cost us eight bucks to see. But I really hope the whole six hours is on a Blu-ray later on.

8. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

...maybe even a "songtrack" album :)

9. Lemon Curry

This is the history with me and Disney channel. A bunch of one month subscriptions to catch the occasional cool content.
    $8 bucks to see the shows, probably multiple times, is a bargain.

10. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

We'll have to sit back and see how successful this model is. But my guess is, that if it doesn't do gangbusters people are gonna be more apprehensive about signing exclusive deals with Di$ney, if they demand the digital only route, seeing as to how it's probably not the golden goose that Di$ney is hoping for.

My prediction is that it'll be a timed exclusive where the show will make it to blu-ray months later (perhaps for Christmas) or they'll release a truncated version on home video and hold the 6-hour version hostage on digital.

ODIrony likes this.
  11. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

No. It isn't. It's his new aesthetic. He did it with the new LOTR UHDs (which already had DNR baked in previously-now it has double DNR) and he did it with his WWI film. It's his new thing and is completely unnecessary. This is the visual version of DNR that we all rail against so much around here against in the audio realm.

I understand folks being excited for the show, but comparing it to the cruddy boots we're all used to or making excuses for digital butchering (when it isn't remotely necessary) is beyond me. And truth be told, has made me less anxious in thinking about shelling out for it on D+ (I won't).

dotheDVDeed likes this.
  12. Lemon Curry

Like @Arnold Grove mentioned, this is likely to end up on DVD and BluRay. If Disney wasn't airing it so late in the year, it would have been awesome for a "director's cut" to hit the stores in time for Christmas.

13. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Dunno if it's true but it's definitely in line with Di$ney's new direction though. And for those unaware there has been tech being worked on over the last decade that will count the number of people in the room watching a streaming service, will charge for each head and won't work unless each person is paid for. This is the future of streaming and "smart" tvs.

14. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well... I've got kids so I've already got Disney+, so the only way I'm gonna pay for Get Back is if there is a physical release... [unless there is a theatrical release, but it sounds like that won't happen]

I'm sure there will be a bluray release eventually, maybe not for Christmas 2021, but it will happen. And when it does I will purchase!

:-popcorn:

15. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

You get to watch it with the kids when it debuts and will get it on home video if it releases. Best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

(if D+ decides to release the director's cut of Something Wicked This Way Comes let me know and I'll consider the service :laugh: ).

jmxw likes this.
  16. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

Can't wait for this, even if it might be a sanitized version....The sneak peak was pure and brightened up a rather bleak winter and to see the full rooftop performance will be amazing.

17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE!!!!:laugh:

Floater and jmxw like this.
  18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

My goodness, 6 hours and you want more?

19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

That is the Peter Jackson way.

[insert humorous reference to Lord Of The Rings here...]

ODIrony likes this.
  20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Bring Your Own Beatles... :righton:

ODIrony likes this.
  21. ODIrony

ODIrony Forum Resident

One does not simply offer six hours of the Beatles and expect the truly devoted to be satisfied.
    [​IMG]

22. Beatlebug

Beatlebug Another box set won't do any harm

It would be funny if Peter Jackson's original cut was 10 hours long, but he had three phone calls asking him to remove some of the John and Yoko footage.

FVDnz, maclen, BeSteVenn and 3 others like this.
  23. helter

helter Forum Resident

6 hours on Disney+ is way better than 2 hours in the movie theater if forced to choose just one!
    Ideally it would be great to have multiple options but for 2021 that’s not going to happen

24. arnt

arnt Forum Resident

Maybe a two hours bonus of Maxwell's Silver Hammer rehearsing?

ODIrony likes this.
  25. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

Six hours talk about a lot of filler

ODIrony likes this.