The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

It is (at least on the DVD).

2. Beatle Ed 2021

Beatle Ed 2021 Forum Resident

It was! :righton:

Edit: ah, beaten to it!

Lewisboogie and Keith V like this.
  3. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I meant JUST the video. Not the CD.

Lewisboogie and Beatle Ed 2021 like this.
  4. zipp

zipp Forum Resident

That's something I learnt from this thread and I agree that it's really neat.

I also learnt here that the studio photo on the back cover of both sessions CDs is different to the regular photo. I hadn't noticed that.

It's also nice to have the Robert Freeman artwork used on the sessions CDs, though I'm pleased it wasn't used for the original album. It gives me a bit of a headache !

5. Beatle Ed 2021

Beatle Ed 2021 Forum Resident

Ah, I see! Yes, that would have been the best solution!

Keith V likes this.
  6. zipp

zipp Forum Resident

I also noticed the connection to If I Needed Someone.

And my feeling was that they didn't want the new album to sound anything like their last album, so they decided to drop the 'aaahs'.

7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I have always felt that 'If I Needed Someone' was the Rubber Soul song that feels the most like a Revolver track - I can easily imagine it slotted onto the album.

8. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I actually hear it fitting very nicely on Help!

905 and Diamond Star Halo like this.
  9. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

It definitely belongs on “Yesterday and Today.”

905, Charlie Z., ODIrony and 2 others like this.
  10. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I know the Revolver font came up earlier in the thread but don’t remember anything definitive: is the box set font for the album title the same as in 1966?

11. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

It’s slightly thicker on the boxed set. Andrew from Parlogram made it a point to specify this. What a guy!!

12. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Is the font changed for any other Beatles box set?

13. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Yes. The new font used on the cover of the “Let It Be” set isn’t what was originally used. Looks like they selected a royalty-free font that kinda comes sorta close to the original ….

planckera and Lewisboogie like this.
  14. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Interesting. The font changes bother me a lot more than anything Giles tweaked with the tracks. In fact, it’s not even close.

Why aren’t the originals used? Can someone in design explain?

SpaceGhost2112 likes this.
  15. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Nothing belongs on Yesterday and Today, but it's still an enjoyable album. :)

16. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

It's pretty close to the font on the back of the original album cover.
    [​IMG]
    The same thing happened with the back of the 1987 CD.
    [​IMG]
    All the more frustrating because Let It Be appears to use the same font as Paul's Tug of War and they didn't have font problems with that one.
    [​IMG]

17. Adagio

Adagio Forum Resident

Question....

I already have the following Revolver releases on vinyl....
    1. First UK Pressing Stereo
    2. 2012 Stereo Re-issue
    3. 2014 Mono Re-Issue
    4. Anthology 2 on Vinyl - Which has a whole side of Revolver Alternate Takes

Is there any really compelling reason to pick up this box set ?

18. Bern

Bern JC4Me

It's actually my favorite of the SDE's so far. And I didn't buy it because of no 5.1. (I did buy the others). I overall like the new stereo mix (give it a B+) and the outtakes are a joy to listen to as well. So I ended up streaming this one, as that is what Apple wanted. I've only listened to the mix thru speakers at this point....my only listen thru headphones was to Taxman...and I'm not sure I like the displacement on George's vocal....but haven't given it proper listening yet thru phones...so I have no opinion yet for that route. But was happy with speaker listening.

goer and Mister Charlie like this.
  19. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Firstly it’s (arguably) a well done stereo remix. Secondly, far as outtakes, Anthology has next to nothing compared to what’s in this set. I’m not trying to sell you on it…different strokes and all that. I’m just sayin’. Oh, and the mono vinyl pressing outdoes the 2014 in terms of clarity.

Adagio likes this.
  20. Sipuncula

Sipuncula Forum Resident

Maybe for the 2022 remix, the additional outtakes and the book? Considering you already have more than two copies of Revolver, you're in a different category than the casual music buyer. Vegas odds says you're gonna pick this one up. :D

Adagio and DK Pete like this.
  21. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

It depends what you want. Some folks here (myself included) really like the new mix. Others find it irredeemably flawed. And if you like the outtakes on Anthology 2 then the super deluxe set has literally dozens more. But not everyone is into outtakes, so if that's not your bag then I can see not wanting to pay a lot of money for more of something you don't like.

Adagio and DK Pete like this.
  22. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I would say it all depends on what you find compelling - those don't, for example, have the recent remix that was done by Giles with the de-mixing tech which offers a fairly unique stereo mix experience that is very fun to me. Plus the many alternate takes that are not on Anthology 2, so I would say it just depends on what you personally may want as you peruse the tracklist of this deluxe set (and you can also preview everything via Youtube if you are on the fence)

Adagio likes this.
  23. zipp

zipp Forum Resident

“If you’ve ever wondered what John mutters when Paul sings the line, “She feels good,” Howlett says he and Heatley had a good listen. “He says, ‘She do.’” John was apparently sitting beside his bandmate during that session, initiating a slight chuckle from Paul, as heard on the record.”

I've just come across an interesting debate from earlier in the thread concerning this quote.

The song in question is Good Day Sunshine.

Whatever John mutters, it seems to be more than two syllables. In my case I'd say a hammy "She do, she do." which is why Paul is amused.

Once again I don't find Howlett's version very convincing.

Dan The Man1 and DK Pete like this.
  24. Onder

Onder Senior Member

The vocal track isolation reveals that John just repeats Paul's words: she feels good.

25. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I enjoy Howlett’s writings and historical coverage of their music but I often find myself questioning his “nuance” findings.

zipp, zobalob, Paul H and 1 other person like this.