The Beatles - Revolver - 2022 Remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deacon Blues, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Agree very strongly - "massively listenable" indeed. :thumbsup: There was so much wrong with this release to get all burnt about -- content constrained to LP limits, no BD, 11-minute "bonus disk", etc -- if one wanted to dwell, but once you set all that aside and get into what was actually delivered, it is such a blast, and i have been playing the set over and over, just like i did the original release in Aug '66. This is simply the Beatles "Pop Vocal Group" at their best.

Welcome back Sean!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    FJFP, JeffMo, rcsrich and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Horrified to hear news of your stroke, @Sean Murdock. Very best wishes for a full and swift recovery.

JeffMo, ODIrony and Sean Murdock like this.
  3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

It's good to be back -- I feel like something or other has taken me out of the game for the recent Beatles box set threads, but I hope to rectify that in 2023 for (hopefully) the Rubber Soul box. :thumbsup:

4. Sean Murdock

Sorry to horrify anyone, but I am happy to say that my recovery has been very strong. Little things have popped up or revealed themselves in the past couple of months, but nothing that can't be managed. I'm very lucky indeed.

5. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

What an incredible drawing! So glad you didn't have lasting effects. Wishing you and @Allen the best.

DK Pete and Sean Murdock like this.
  6. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Glad to read you again Sean and thanks for sharing what happened with us. Relieved for you and very happy of the outcome. Take good care.
    Max

Paul H and Sean Murdock like this.
  7. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

8. SebUK

SebUK Forum Resident

cheers! I think it's just that we're listening to the same remix, but with different ears ;)

if you compare the 2015 versions with the later boxset remixes, do you not hear a definite push on both bottom and top ends?

DK Pete likes this.
  9. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I’m not sure which 2015 versions you mean (I assume the previous remasters)but yes, I completely agree with that much. It’s the negativity with relation to these changes that I was referring to. But, you’re right; different ears, different perceptions.

10. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Oh my!!! I'm so sorry you went through such an ordeal. Thrilled you are feeling better.... and you didn't say a word of this is in your annual Christmas card either!!! Love to you and your family. Hoping this is the last medical issue you'll ever have to endure. Ron

Paul H, Lewisboogie and Sean Murdock like this.
  11. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Glad to have you back! [I've only been occasionally skimming this thread since the release, as new info/revelations/thoughts/opinions are few and few between for the most part..]

Cool drawing!

It's great to hear you were/are recovering so well!
    :edthumbs:

DK Pete and Sean Murdock like this.
  12. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Listened to the remix on cd again last night

and I really really like the new She said She said

it’s kinda floaty now with loads of diff guitar tones rather than in your face acidy

there you go

JeffMo, DK Pete, OldSoul and 4 others like this.
  13. Isaac Azimuth

Isaac Azimuth Forum Resident

I don't know y0u very well, Allen, but welcome back to the land of feeling better. If music isn't an agent of healing, what on Earth is?
    May 2023 be a time of recovery and full health for you.
    Jeff

JeffMo and Sean Murdock like this.
  14. Isaac Azimuth

Isaac Azimuth Forum Resident

I've been inattentive here lately, but wanted to wish you a speedy and full recovery, Sean. It's always a pleasure to read your thoughts and enthusiasm. And I really enjoyed your take on the REVOLVER cover.
    All the best to you. Jeff

JeffMo, DK Pete and Sean Murdock like this.
  15. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Can you direct me to his take on the cover? Missed that.

Sean Murdock and DK Pete like this.
  16. Sean Murdock

Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

I’ve had this 5CD set for about two weeks now. I like it. All of the SDEs have made me appreciate each respective album even more than before due to a further glimpse to the creative process. The remixes have been a fun alternative listening experience. But I’ve always considered each respective surround mix as the REAL new mix, not the stereo counterpart.

So it is disappointing that a 5.1 or Atmos Blu-Ray is not included with this set. I’ve heard it on Apple Music and again, I’d consider the Atmos mix the true new mix. I consider the stereo mix as a bonus, not the other way around.

In Atmos, I do not hear the “artifact” that I heard in the stereo preview track of Taxman on YouTube, Spotify, or the CD. Have others observed the same thing? Overall, the Atmos mix is really cool, to keep my observation untechnical and brief.

18. SebUK

SebUK Forum Resident

I'm speaking of the "1" remixes, the first to attempt gile's 'mono feel with stereo soundscape true to the original Beatles intent' line.
    they're still my favoured remixes above all the boxsets.

19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Well that puts everything into perspective doesn’t it? Warps, lack of Atmos blu ray, etc.

Best wishes going forward. I’m spinning 2cd version right now!

20. Saturns Pattern

Saturns Pattern Forum Resident

Just out of curiosity, how much would an XEX-606-1 go for in VG visual/VG-to-VG+ play/VG sleeve condition?

21. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

Anyone else loving the She Said She Said backing track rehearsal (take 15)?

All the guitar explorations and general wildness of the track is so interesting and cool. More psychedelic. Even the studio banter at the start is great.

22. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident

$250-350?

23. dryjoy

dryjoy Brother In Sound

Yes, I love that one.

EmceeEscher likes this.
  24. Saturns Pattern

Saturns Pattern Forum Resident

Hmm. Might get rid of mine, then!

25. Tsubaki Sanjuro

Tsubaki Sanjuro Forum Resident

I’ve been thinking about this myself. Stereo is sort of a half-measure, really, and I say this as someone who has enjoyed the stereo remixes (though the original Mono albums remain my go-to).

It’s true that not everyone has a full Atmos system, but everything from Xbox to Windows to Apple products has built-in Atmos for Headphone integration at this point. Done right, this is the way to increase the scope in a real sense.

(I will never understand, though, the very vocal contingent that loves Dexterized duophonics, calling them the true Beatles canon, yet considers the Martin remixes a betrayal of The Beatles…)