The Beatles U.S. Albums box set - your impressions...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hawkman, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Nope, having the highest Harrison ratio of all Beatles albums will cause all manner of Harrisonmania to spring from the album. Harrisonmania: catch it.

Dee Zee and rickboy like this.
  2. It's The Beatles. They should spring for the bar, or at worst, a mini-bar.

Adam9 likes this.
  3. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Well, you do raise some good points, but I still maintain that DRIVE MY CAR for some reason just never jelled with the rest of the record...but YMMV of course. Either version of Rubber Soul still kicks ass. The 1987 CD of that album (the UK version) is my first ever CD purchase in the early 90's and for that reason, I still have an emotional attachment to the UK version,yet I have come to like the US version more as a listening experience.

The perfect playlist for the Pre Pepper Tracks via the US Set! Thank you.

Hep Alien likes this.
  4. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

No slings and arrows here friend. You can only like what you like!

However, to me, without those three Lennon tracks, it isn't REVOLVER. Still makes for an interesting alternate listening experience, as does the rest of the US set.

5. rickboy

rickboy Forum Resident

But what a broad hit-laden Yesterday and Today came into being partially from that "scoop" of Lennon tracks!

6. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

If I were you, I'd realise
    that the subjunctive is a mood, not a tense...:)

sallymae_hogsby and brianvargo like this.
  7. mayoski

mayoski Forum Resident

Don't you think we are all a little subjunctivy sometimes? Especially when discussing the Bee attles.

8. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Well, I purchased the box set last night on the way home at Barnes & Noble, and today I started listening to the set from Meet The Beatles! onwards. I haven't done that in a long time, especially with the US albums, and so far this is an absolute joy to listen to! I'm really loving the sound on this set, and it does make a fine companion to my Mono box.

On a side note, on a trip to Wal Mart today, I noticed that the one I go to had a Beatles display which included tumbler size glasses and coffee mugs, both having the US Album covers on them! I picked up a mug already via CBS' website; I have a mug with the LP covers which my brother had given me one Christmas. He's no longer with us and he was my gateway to listening to The Beatles. I don't want anything happening to that original mug, so this one will go into service more and I don't risk breaking the older one.

Mister Charlie, Mr. H and billnunan like this.
  9. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I've had both for a couple years now. If they did Volume One like Volume two it would have been special. As it is, it's only a slight improvement over the U.S. Volume One. I guess that's why it was 11 dollars a few weeks ago and Volume Two is over 200 dollars.

10. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I did. And was disapointed by the lack of printing on the spines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.