The Beatles "WHITE ALBUM 2000,s REISSUE" POLL:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

Have the newly released 3 cd WA remix 2018 enjoying it immensely. Still like and enjoy the 2009 mono and stereo cd reissues, 2012 vinyl stereo and 2014 mono vinyl reissues. I've played the older afore mentioned reissues and have come to the conclusion they all have their own qualities. Enjoying the sound of the vinyl 2018 WA as well.

[​IMG]
    The album was largely recorded at Abbey Road Studios.

Still absorbing this Giles Martin WA remix still comparing the sound and mixes of each of these White Album 2000's reissues. Which one do you like better? Didn't mention the original 1968 mono or stereo releases I just wanted to keep it to the 2000's reissues. Feel free to mention the 1968 or 70', 80's, 90's, reissues of the WA you wish. Only have the 4 L.p. and 3 cd versions of WA 2018 at the time of me posting this thread still saving to get big WA 2018 box hopefully soon.

[​IMG]
    Fifty years later, the White Album, the Beatles’ masterpiece, is still good, still indelible, still as clean and pure as its sleeve, requiring no explanation or description beyond the band’s.

[​IMG]

This poll is just for fun as I'm discovering new things with the new 2018 WA mix as well as past 2000's reissues of this much heralded album.
    The remastering the remix what made you pick a favorite 2000's release? An incredible album that's vast and deep enough to dig deep into. Loving physical media all over again.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Could never pick the new remix over the original. Its a cool alternative in places, but thats about it. Mono 2014 vinyl for me. And the 2009 stereo remaster was not good. Heck Id pick the remix over that one.

3. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

The power of the 2014 mono does it for me.

4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The 2018 remix CD.
    But man,
    the deluxe set was NOT worth the price. (Unless you're rich, and money is no object)

5. Canoli

Canoli Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forget the WA for a moment. I wanna know what was going through the minds of these people.

6. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

The remix blu ray was not listed. Unlike Pepper 50, the blu ray is not limited, same as the vinyl. It's magnificent.

It's an interpretive remix at times, conservationalist at others. But oh does it sound wonderful.

Why was tbis choice left off? The CD is limited.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  7. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

My set of White Album LPs just arrived ... and I'm done with Giles Martin's remixes.
    That's all.
    There are basically pump up the volumen, clear vocals, high bass and drums and A LOT of hidden things or chats INSIDE the songs (Don't pass me by, counting 1 to 8 and 1 to 3 and then starts the música again is one example), and what bothers me very much is the clear acoustic guitars on While My Guitar .. are gone, for the bass to come front.
    So, dear Giles, I'm gone and done.
    The packaging is ok but no way to that amount of money.
    And the Esher demos ... I have them from years ago, so, this is a goodbye from buying Beatles stuff remixes, reissues or whatever they do, I already was very sad when 8 days a week came as The Hollywood Bowl ... anyway

Goodbye Giles, nice to meet you.

8. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

That's a lot of options for an album which sounds like a bunch of demos.
    :hide::D

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

none...

10. Psychedelic Good Trip

Blu ray has been listed on poll above at # 9.

11. Psychedelic Good Trip

Just a bump as I listen to new 2018 mix in the car. Merry Christmas everyone!!

:cop:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    905 likes this.
  12. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

2014 mono for the win.

Briskit likes this.
  13. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Just ordered the 3CD set as Amazon had it for $15 today.

14. Psychedelic Good Trip

A steal deal! :edthumbs:

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I said the same thing to Coca-Cola when they remixed the old Coke into the 'new Coke'!

16. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Well I certainly enjoy the Sgt Pepper remix, and I really liked how Something 2019 turned out. Just placed my preorder for the double CD. I think people are too harsh when it comes to this stuff, just have fun with it, you've always got the original to fall back on.

I have not heard the WA remix yet, but I'm sure I'll dig it.

17. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Perfect attitude.

18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I just got around to listening to the White Album remix vinyl. I liked it more than I thought I would. Well done!

I didn't like the Sgt. Pepper remix.

20. Psychedelic Good Trip

Gotta spin new 2018 WA vinyl this week weekend.

21. thehatandbeard

thehatandbeard Forum Resident

Liking music seems too have turned into a research project!

22. mbleicher1

mbleicher1 Tube Amp Curmudgeon

Pepper remix is the only one that added anything to the original for me. I thought I’d like the WA remix more, but it often sounds like this type of uncanny valley, “modernized” without sounding modern. They stripped off a lot of the weirdness and dialed back the guitars too much for my tastes.

23. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I like about 75% of the Sgt. Pepper remix...White Album, about 90%. There are certain things Giles does which, while enhancing the overall "power" of the original mix, lose a bit of definition...especially in the bass guitar area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.