The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Film) Returning To Cinemas July 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin55, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

the estate of the promoter of the Shea stadium that guy

2. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

If you mean the Estate of Sid Bernstein, they don't own the tape of the broadcast.

3. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

The film was "restored in 4K digital resolution" for the 2012 release, but standard Blu-ray resolution is only 1920 x 1080. I suppose they could now release an Ultra HD Blu-ray, which supports 4K resolution (3840 x 2160).

If it is re-released, hopefully it will include the isolated music track, as the 1999 DVD did, but the 2012 DVD/BD did not.

4. Stan94

Stan94 Forum Resident

I beg to differ:
    2018: White Album Deluxe
    2019: 1) Yellow Submarine Deluxe (with a new exclusive extended remix of side B)
    2) Abbey Road Deluxe
    2020: Get Back to oblivion (no Deluxe edition of Let It Be because Paul still thinks Yoko gets too much screen time)

5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

4k discs weren't available back in 2012.

Movies are now being released on 4k Blu Rays, usually in a bundle with standard Blu Rays, but you need a 4k Blu Ray player to play the discs.

6. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

..same here...this also begs the question, will there be any kind of audio anniverssary re-issue..?

DRM likes this.
  7. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

As a 60 year old man....I don’t care for cartoons . I’d love to see Let it Be though:shake:

8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Let's not.

DRM likes this.
  9. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Because you didn't hit the report button. We don't watch every post in every thread.

DRM, ToneLa and Jerry like this.
  10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I am a 53-year-old man and I'd love to see this in a theater again. And I'd probably get misty-eyed when John invites the Blue Meanies to join them, like I always do. :)

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I've never seen the movie in a theater! I feel deprived.... :(

The Ole' Rocker, AppleCorp3 and DRM like this.
  12. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Well, my 20-year-old daughter and her friends would probably go see it if it played in the US! This movie was/is a real generation-crosser. Many young adult millennials who are not Beatle fanatics loved this and wound up watching it many times because they were introduced to it by parents/grandparents and I've never heard anyone from her generation say they thought it was a "boring" movie. My (admittedly biased) experience has shown me that this movie was almost universally liked. Despite its age it really fit in very well alongside the Disney/Pixar stuff that was heavily marketed with toys and sequels and such, despite the fact that there was only relatively modest marketing of Yellow Sub in the late 90s and most of the toys/etc. were aimed at grownups.

13. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Beatles' fans need to unite around a NEW movement. From now on.. when you want to say 5.1... say ATMOS. If we ALL do this... we can nudge them towards an ATMOS mix that can be downmixed to 7.2 or 5.1!!! Also... in any discussion of a White Album ATMOS remix... make sure to say.. "i can't wait to hear those engines COMING DOWN towards me at the beginning of Back In the USSR!"

14. BeatlesObsessive

.... every Beatles fan... stop mentioning 5.1 from now on... ATMOS from ANALOGUE!!!

kronning likes this.
  15. BeatlesObsessive

[QUOTE="dormouse, post: 17911998, member: 61486"
    revamped Songtrack mixes[/QUOTE]

...like the timetable you mention. I think the best time for the White Album Yellow Submarine Get Back 50th anniversary is in 2018 to 2019 time window. If we KNOW it's coming now then we'll be ready to order Deluxe Editions at the end of this year bleeding over into 2019. I know they don't want to dump it all at once but if you've got this merchandise to sell then these are the fans who can actually afford and be interested in them.

I also want to begin to push for the issue of the SONGTRACK in ATMOS. We should stop using the terms "Surround" or 5.1 because those got lost in the confusion over SACD, DVD-A. We need to look at the trademarks on the side of the BOXES we're buying and use the big trademarked products on the side of them.. and on Home Theater Receivers I see ATMOS!!!

BLU-RAY & ATMOS are things they can link to actual products... 5.1 and SURROUND requires some sort of comprehension that leads the producers at APPLE to freeze up and forget.

LET IT BE on BLU-RAY... Beatles on Vinyl in Mono.. Beatles on Vinyl in Stereo.. Beatles CD's remastered in Mono.. Beatles CD's remastered in Stereo.. Beatles BLU-RAYs in ATMOS or The Beatles in ATMOS. That way you get Dolby on your side urging the folks at Abbey Road, Apple, MPL to spend the money!!!

16. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Dolby ATMOS does have a nice ring to it....

BeatlesObsessive and DRM like this.
  17. BeatlesObsessive

No... they won't give it extra functionality. We Beatles fans are going to have to agree to pay EXTRA for a separate SONGTRACK BLURAY or for a fancy audio format menu on the BLURAY. Let's make it clear to those who would produce such a BLURAY that we WILL PAY FOR BOTH.. just put it out.. PLEASE!!! Yep.. if you release the Yellow Submarine AGAIN from the 4K remaster in true 4K resolution.. we will buy the Deluxe Versions AND if you decide to double up with a 4K Let It Be Deluxe Box with the Get Back albums and a new enhanced version of the film PLUS extras we will pay for that TOO AND if you remix the White Album too in a Deluxe Edition.. WE WILL SHELL OUT FOR IT... even if they're $150 each... and remember ATMOS ATMOS ATMOS from the ANALOGUE!!!!

18. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Just like those "24-bit remastered CDs".

19. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

No. The existing Blu-ray is standard HD. Yellow Submarine hasn't been published in 4K ULTRA HD Bluray Disc yet.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  20. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Please, please, please stop with the caps. Thank you.

21. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Aww, ... I like the caps!
    :hide:

22. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I wonder if they will use a different re-mix of Eleanor Rigby with vocals properly in sync.

Somerset Scholar likes this.
  23. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Hopefully they'll announce U.S. dates at a later time.

24. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Yes.

That's the goal.

25. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Got Yellow Submarine on laserdisc. Might have to watch that again soon. :agree:

Derek Slazenger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.