The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Film) Returning To Cinemas July 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin55, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bern

Bern JC4Me

The original release (1999) did have the option for music only.....but not complete IIRC. I forget which songs were cut short.

Bern

DK Pete and Shaddam IV like this.
  2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Only had the snippets in the film of Think For Yourself, A Day In the Life, Love You To, and A Little Help From My Friends.

3. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I hope they restore the 15 minute ‘Revolution 9’ scene back to its rightful place in the movie.

As George Harrison originally said in ‘For You Blue,’ “Salvador Dali and Luis Bunuel ain’t got nothin’ on this baby!”

George Blair likes this.
  4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Bern and Rfreeman like this.
  5. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Will look forward to taking my kids of there is a showtime that works. Hope it's not a one day only deal. They have watched the DVD enough they could likely recite the script from memory.

oboogie likes this.
  6. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

It’s not.

7. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

What they need is a full-length release of "It's All Too Much"....

8. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Screening with a new animation called 'Carnival of Light', whatever that is...

Oops! A few days late! :angel:

9. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Another reason to skip Let It Be... sigh! Maybe in 2020 for a 50th anniversary box set?

sathvyre and originalsnuffy like this.
  10. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Well we hit all the buttons. Beatles thread. Check. Carnival of Light mention. Check. Let it Be video release. Check.

I was not aware that there was video footage for Revolution Number 9. Maybe that we would entice me to listen to that again I always thought that the track skip feature was invented for this "song".

11. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Is this gonna be a one day release only? I've seen it locally in 2012 re-released in theaters.

12. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

13. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

As a 67 year old man that saw it back in the day...I would!
    Imagine how much better the audio would sound in theaters nowadays just by comparison. Pretty amazing, I'd bet.

Terry likes this.
  14. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

No doubt. I was lucky enough to see this on the big screen when the DVD and Songtrack were released back in '99. It was amazing to see it in that scope. Now with this anniversary show, I'll get to have the same experience with my daughter (who has LOVED the movie ever since she was 1 or 2.)

BeatlesBop and Terry like this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Passing of the torch!

16. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

They need to not link up with McDonalds, but with Subway, and have a limited time Yellow Submarine Sandwich :D

Kevin55 likes this.
  17. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

I like the movie, a lot. What bothers me is that The Beatles didn't want to get involved or even "put" their own voices because they didn't like it... until it was a success.
    When it was acclaimed "they love it", and now in 2018 it's all bussiness, IMO.
    I don't know if "It's all too much" or "It's only a Northern song", maybe it was only "Don't bother me" and now is "Baby you're a rich man".

As for me, I love the movie and it's good for new generations but, ok, "Baby, you're a rich man".

18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

"Hey Bulldog" really stuck in your head as you left the theater in 1968, eh? :shh:

A second viewing can remind you that there is no "Hey Bulldog" extra at the end to stick in your head, it is "All Together Now" that plays after the band's live cameo appearance. And for that matter, unless you grew up in UK and saw the film in a theater there, the original versions shown in the U.S. didn't include "Hey Bulldog" in the film at all. Neither did any of the first U.S. home video releases include it. We Americans didn't get that song sequence put back in the film to see until the first DVD release of it.

19. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

If they haven't reinstalled Baby You're A Rich Man, I'm not going...

It's ridiculous they didn't put that on the DVD as a 'deleted scene' years ago.

20. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

This is true. That goes for the entire continent of North America, by the way, not just the U.S.

applebonkerz likes this.
  21. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

22. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

The other thing about the North American release that really isn't documented too well is the fact that it didn't show up in theaters until December of 1968 even though it premiered in London on July 17 of that year.

23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And the album didn't come out until January 1969. The boys certainly missed Brian Epstein's oversight. Who was in charge here?

24. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Yeah, the album came out about a month after the North American release was in theaters, not too big a deal. The U.K. fans had to wait 6 months for the album after it was in theaters though!

25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

My folks must have waited a month to take 3yo me to the film, as they took me to Sam Goody's the next day for the LP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.